Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If the virus becomes endemic I'm just wondering what it might mean for people who are not reacting well to the second dose.

Like if the reaction gets worse with each subsequent dose then maybe lots of ppl can't take the covid vaccine yearly?

I don't anticipate the reaction will continue to get worse, but instead be very similar now that the body knows that the spike protein made by mRNA is an invader that it needs to destroy. For the most part, the side effects are a good sign that the immune system is working as it is supposed to by making you feel bad enough where you rest while it does what it's supposed to do. As I'm sure you're aware, the immune system raises your body temperature (fever) in order to create an environment where the virus is uncomfortable and can't replicate as quickly. You get pain at the injection site because the immune system creates inflammation in order to try and protect you from the foreign substance. That's my non-scientific understanding, anyway.

Last edited:
It seems the youngest you can get the vaccine is 16 years old for pfitzer, or 18 years old for moderna
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.08.08 PM.png

You're absolutely right. I had also hoped that those "experts" who claimed prior/cross-immunity would be correct, but sadly we are all susceptible. The only real advantage to places that have already suffered through previous waves of COVID is that they (should) know first hand how quickly things can escalate and recognize the need to protect the vulnerable. When I see the daily updates for NY that 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep posts, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the situation hasn't yet gone off the rails like it did in the Spring, so hopefully that means people are learning from mistakes and helping keep the situation somewhat under control.
Yup. It's gone up much more slowly than it did in the spring, and I think we can credit the people living there for wearing masks and socially distancing, although they could still do a better job with the latter.

when do y'all think it would be mostly over in the US? srs
My prediction --

If we do better with the vaccine roll-out than we have been and consistently hit ~1 million vaccinations per day, and combined with the positive effects of warmer weather, I think by May or June the numbers will be dwindling and a lot of outdoor summer activities will return to normal, although with masking still in place and no big parties.

If we keep up the vaccinations through summer, we should be nearing herd immunity by fall. We'll still have cases until early 2022, but we'll be able to do true test-and-trace and covid-19 will be more of an afterthought than anything.

That's IF we do a good job with vaccine roll-out and assuming the vaccine is effective and reduces transmission. Otherwise, summer is going to suck and we won't go back to normal until summer 2022.

You're absolutely right. I had also hoped that those "experts" who claimed prior/cross-immunity would be correct, but sadly we are all susceptible. The only real advantage to places that have already suffered through previous waves of COVID is that they (should) know first hand how quickly things can escalate and recognize the need to protect the vulnerable. When I see the daily updates for NY that 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep posts, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the situation hasn't yet gone off the rails like it did in the Spring, so hopefully that means people are learning from mistakes and helping keep the situation somewhat under control.

i believe the numbers are at spring levels in nyc at least some of the stats

Looks like hospitalizations may be plateauing, which means we'll hover around the current death rate for a while. At 3300 deaths/day, we're looking at 100,000 dead per month, or half a million total deaths by the end of February, which will mark the 1-year anniversary of the first reported death in America in 2020.

whats Going in LA will happen all over the US

china needs to add a couple of zeros to their numbers

terrible story

Last edited:

I shared a bathroom with my sort symptomatic brother when he had it last spring/summer. He was coughing, not terribly but enough to make me nervous. If he was gonna use the bathroom he’d just tell me, and we’d let the bathroom kinda air out and he’d spray it down and id still also spray it before I used it. Lets just say my dumps and showers were VERY short those 2 weeks. :lol:

Possible to live with a symptomatic person and avoid it, but is a bit unnerving.

Back
Top Bottom