Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Office has reverted back to 'strongly encouraging masks' and if you don't provide a vaxx card your behind will be required to wear a mask at all times.

Time to go stock up on masks and toilet paper. Again.

The gov and the CDC have to do better. I get there are a ton of dummies in this country (you might think I'm one after this post) but the statements from the CDC haven't been the clearest and the government response to the statements has been egregious imo. When the cdc came out and said if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, then the gov in a lot of places immediately dropped the mandate for those vaccinated, we all knew the chances we would end up exactly where we are were high. Dr. Fauci had to clear things up but the gov didn't do anything really to correct things.
I wonder were we would be now if back in april/may if they said "still wear a mask regardless of vaccination for the time being" and the gov kept mask mandates for another few months. People would be upset, but not more then they would be if you gave them the option to stop and then tell them they need to wear them again.
I could be completely wrong though

dropped my 7 year old son off at school today. They are having a "kick start" week. Basically to get the kids back in the swing of things before the school year starts.

Seen only 2 kids wearing a mask out of 20 or so. Kind of nervous for the school year to start...

dropped my 7 year old son off at school today. They are having a "kick start" week. Basically to get the kids back in the swing of things before the school year starts.

Seen only 2 kids wearing a mask out of 20 or so. Kind of nervous for the school year to start...
Damn, I feel that. We got an email last night from the principal saying anyone who comes on campus (students, faculty and staff included) is required to wear a mask, but there will be no other mitigation efforts required. And she was acting like she’s doing us a favor. The bare minimum is still better than nothing, but not enough to make me feel good about the upcoming school year. Anxiety is about to be real.

I'm trying to imagine what it's like being a college student and dorming the past 2 years. When not in class or studying, all your time is spent socializing. I also lived in a suite with 4 other people and we always had people over and hanging out.

Never stopped masking up and I won't stop.

200w-1.gif

I'm trying to imagine what it's like being a college student and dorming the past 2 years. When not in class or studying, all your time is spent socializing. I also lived in a suite with 4 other people and we always had people over and hanging out.

One of my bosses has 2 college kids in the south, son is at Clemson and daughter in Auburn. They basically YOLOed she said.

I currently have less confindence with any CDC recommendation. They're saying booster shot is not yet needed for fully vaxxed. They said themselves fully vaxxed apparently can carry the same virus load and spread it out. Then, should we get the booster to reduce the spread? Isn't that one of the purpose of fully vaxxed?

Co-worker has "a cold" and is refusing to go get tested because he says he feels fine. Bout to get him sent home...

UPDATE: Boss just sent him to get tested. I'm about to make indoor masking great again!

UPDATE #2: That escalated quickly... masks are now required indoors, but only when away from your desk. Co-workers can thank me later...
tenor.gif

UPDATE #3: He just called and said rapid antigen test = NEGATIVE. Told him to stay home and take a few sick days, but stubborn SOB says he's headed back to work. His work ethic is admirable, but what a moron. I hope they send him back home once he gets here.

Last edited:
Damn, sorry to hear it. Any specific risks you took that you think might have exposed you?
Honestly I think is not being masked up around family and friends. They went out to do they thing, but when we got to the house we were all chillin un masked. Two other ppl got it on this trip and im guessing one of us gave it to each other. The only time I un masked in public was to eat and drink beers. So theres a chance there too, .

Sucks because I been diligent and the one time we relax and enjoy and I pick the dam thing up.

you could be asymptotic, just because you’re positive doesn’t mean you’ll have/get symptoms

hoping for the best for you man
Ok so this morning I woke up in the middle of the night like 3 am in sweats and feverish. Today I have congestion and im pretty weak. So symptoms definitely hitting now. But compared to some ppl I've talked to this is pretty mild. Still wish it on no one. I hate being sick because im rarely sick.

Honestly I think is not being masked up around family and friends. They went out to do they thing, but when we got to the house we were all chillin un masked. Two other ppl got it on this trip and im guessing one of us gave it to each other. The only time I un masked in public was to eat and drink beers. So theres a chance there too, .

Sucks because I been diligent and the one time we relax and enjoy and I pick the dam thing up.

I feel you. My whole extended family thinks I'm the crazy one because I won't be indoors unmasked around them. Indoor family gatherings have always been one of the primary sources of spread and I see them all acting like sht's sweet going everywhere and doing the most.

I feel you. My whole extended family thinks I'm the crazy one because I won't be indoors unmasked around them. Indoor family gatherings have always been one of the primary sources of spread and I see them all acting like sht's sweet going everywhere and doing the most.
yup I was one of those masking up even inside with family. but I got the vaccine and started feeling better about it around vaccinated folks. like I said 100% my fault for letting my guard down but thats the risk we take.

now I have to deal with the consequences, with work, schedule, an upcoming wedding. all of that. sucks so im never slippin again

Co-worker has "a cold" and is refusing to go get tested because he says he feels fine. Bout to get him sent home...

UPDATE: Boss just sent him to get tested. I'm about to make indoor masking great again!

UPDATE #2: That escalated quickly... masks are now required indoors, but only when away from your desk. Co-workers can thank me later...
tenor.gif

Only thing better would be if he was hit with an uppercut to put him down. He would've been sent home but on a stretcher

I know I'm vaccinated, but I honestly am hesitant to start taking the ferry into the city for work again beginning next week.

Also worried for my daughter that's beginning Kindergarten too. The school district has been really proactive with the restrictions, but the city is 60/40 MAGA and I know some of these stay-at-home Karens are going to try and be heard on the first week of school.

True story, he got hit with a forklift at work a couple years ago and had to be taken out on a stretcher. He still walks with a limp and I don't mean in a pimp-y way.

BEAUTIFUL. That means he has a weak chin so your boss wouldn't even have to hit him flush to make his point.

zPJjQh.gif

Back
Top Bottom