Hit popular shows you never watched?

when i became a politics fan my scripted television consumption took a nose dive.

luckily most of this stuff is on demand so ill binge most of these series during summer nights.

Yea, I know quite a few dudes that don't watch sports.

When I was younger, I thought it was weird. But now, I understand sports don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, so I actually envy those people that aren't chained down by a love of a sport

I used to think the same about people who didn't watch sports, but I'm starting to barely care myself. I always tune in here and there but it's really not that serious anymore. Especially for the NFL, it's hard to sit through a whole game anymore.

I used to think the same about people who didn't watch sports, but I'm starting to barely care myself. I always tune in here and there but it's really not that serious anymore. Especially for the NFL, it's hard to sit through a whole game anymore.
I mentioned this in the NBA thread a few years ago.

I have been watching basketball HEAVILY since 1992. At a certain point, I feel like, "Man I seen it all."

Like from 1997-2004, I adjusted my LIFE schedule based on basketball games coming on TV. Now? I can catch it on DeMand or just look at Dawkins

I was just watching jordan in the 90s lol
Wasnt until i got older that i got into football.
Baseball on tv is torture. Live its ok.
Soccer i got into and its good...probably GREAT live.
Wrestling i never liked.

The number of commercials in an NFL game vs the number of commercials in a soccer game :x

Last edited:
It's almost impossible to sit through a whole game in any sport
I usually am doing something else while the game us going on andjust have our on the background

I mentioned this in the NBA thread a few years ago.

I have been watching basketball HEAVILY since 1992. At a certain point, I feel like, "Man I seen it all."

Like from 1997-2004, I adjusted my LIFE schedule based on basketball games coming on TV. Now? I can catch it on DeMand or just look at Dawkins

It's probably cause we were enamored and looked up to players when we were younger, and simply enjoy the games now. I still love sports and watch a lot, but my shift happened when guys in drafts were starting to be younger than me :lol:

Last edited:
It's probably cause we were enamored and looked up to players when we were younger, and simply enjoy the games now. I still love sports and watch a lot, but my shift happened when guys in drafts were starting to be younger than me :lol

Good point there. But that is partially an ego thing right :lol:

I guess that could be the case, but the game itself is super watered down too. Zero defense, and too much ref involvement

Never watched Lost and after everything I heard/read surrounding the ending,I'm glad I never started :lol:

It's almost impossible to sit through a whole game in any sport
I usually am doing something else while the game us going on andjust have our on the background

Same. Basketball, football, baseball games are boring to watch. I used to watch a lot during the playoffs but even those games bore me now. Nowadays I'm usually able to finish up tennis matches. I like mma but fall asleep if it airs at a late time.

Soccer has the advertising on their jersey's, otherwise it would be just as bad, if not worse.

The number of commercials in an NFL game vs the number of commercials in a soccer game :x

Soccer has the advertising on their jersey's, otherwise it would be just as bad, if not worse.

Lolwut?

How would it be just as bad or worse when there's never a stoppage in play outside of halftime/injuries? :lol:

For the NFL, you get ads every 5 mins pretty much

Last edited:
Just like in the NFL, they will find reasons for breaks to get those ad dollars. No network is going to let games run non-stop per half and not get any ad revenue from one place or another.

Never watched Lost and after everything I heard/read surrounding the ending,I'm glad I never started
laugh.gif
Lost is a hell of a ride.

The ending as butt as it was doesnt ruin the show at all to me.

^^It's different in soccer though, most of the big money comes from broadcasting rights. The sponsors already have their names and ads just about all over the stadiums and merch.

Logistically, you can't have commercial breaks anywhere near as often since the game itself doesn't stop midplay nearly as much

Last edited:
Isn't there only like 12-15 minutes of actual gameplay in a 3 hour NFL broadcast? Too many damn breaks in that sport.

Yea, I know quite a few dudes that don't watch sports.

When I was younger, I thought it was weird. But now, I understand sports don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, so I actually envy those people that aren't chained down by a love of a sport

its not that hard talking to folks like that..its like talking to women(who notoriously are aloof of all things sports)

Isn't there only like 12-15 minutes of actual gameplay in a 3 hour NFL broadcast? Too many damn breaks in that sport.

Yeah it's pretty bad, then you fit in the "is it a catch?" "Was it a fumble?" Stay tuned to find out!

It's probably cause we were enamored and looked up to players when we were younger, and simply enjoy the games now. I still love sports and watch a lot, but my shift happened when guys in drafts were starting to be younger than me :lol

Good point there. But that is partially an ego thing right :lol:

:lol:, but it's just a different feeling being 16 and watching Wade, Bosh, and LeBron get drafted vs being 29 and seeing Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram :smile:x), and Buddy Heild get drafted. It REALLY hit be realizing Odell Beckham is the same age as my sister.

Back
Top Bottom