HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Na yal definitely be getting restocks, it's just so many ppl in a small area. They mobb as soon as word get out. I can usually get every release as long as I put in the footwork. Footwork is key 💯 and also Converse with employees, help em from time to time. They bless me... I basically hold my whole city down.
If that's your place, it's looking like the stock room of an FTL in there. So crazy that you have so much shoes in there. After getting broken into a couple years back and having a lot of my stuff stolen, I'm hesitant on stock piling like that.

If that's your place, it's looking like the stock room of an FTL in there. So crazy that you have so much shoes in there. After getting broken into a couple years back and having a lot of my stuff stolen, I'm hesitant on stock piling like that.
Who you keep around you 👀👀👀 nobody knows where I live but family. I got cameras around my entire house. Your only as good as the company you keep though 💯

Broo goat wants 320 before shipping and taxes… fuuucckk no… they taxing on the get there before Christmas too. They charging 450 for the get before Christmas. I understand space jams being that much cool greys???? Nah neva. It’s my least favorite 11 of the main ones

Last edited:
But it's not an og tho
Okay yeah technically not but it’s one of the original 11s before all the extra bull****. Breds,concords,space jams,Columbia, cool grey will forever be the main 11s to me. So the cool grey is an original main 11 color way. Before Jordan brand started playing with crayons.
Just like white metallic vs and laney vs are considered more of an original 5 than stealth blue, or green bean 5s

Not a fan of either. Used to like the White Metallics, actually had a pair of the newer retros...but felt it was more so of it being a older release growing up.

Pretty much anything can be had if you're willing to wait(or pay up) nowadays.

Okay yeah technically not but it’s one of the original 11s before all the extra bull****. Breds,concords,space jams,Columbia, cool grey will forever be the main 11s to me. So the cool grey is an original main 11 color way. Before Jordan brand started playing with crayons.
Just like white metallic vs and laney vs are considered more of an original 5 than stealth blue, or green bean 5s
None of those, including Cool Greys, no matter how dope they are, are “original” anything.
What age will you all stop buying kicks?
I say 50 for me
Er, never? I’m in my 40s. Love sneakers as much as ever. I don’t give an eff if younger people or any people see me rocking my stuff and think I’m washed or lame. I’ve been into this since I was a barely a teen. It’s probably the one consistent interest I’ve always had. Your passions don’t just evaporate because you hit a certain age. When you’re younger you think being in your 40s or hitting 50 is going to be some sea change in your mind and/or you’re going to be ancient. When you get there, you realize it’s mostly the same LOL

This is absolutely the worst and hardest annual holiday XI release I ever tried to get since I've been keeping up with it from 2016 because I struck out again with the postponed release date on all the three FLX apps. But that seemed like a given predicated on the fact there was much lesser quantities going up against the same exorbitant amount of demand this time around.

I'm sticking with my guns to not overpay on the resale market because I really don't need them that much despite wanting them. I'll just have to focus on my next interests. And it wouldn't make sense for me to go a%$ backwards going outside of retail because I had enough gift cards to cover the cost of these if I was able to get them.

But I'll always be glad to see everyone who was able to get these at retail and effectively cut out the overpriced middleman (resellers).

I say 50 for me
I'm 21 and likely won't be stopping any time soon, but like rainking rainking said, as long as the love and passion is still there, neither age nor the opinions of others should dictate when you stop buying sneakers. Personally I've decided I'll stop buying Jordan's when they can get retros as close to a 1:1 recreation as possible (or as close as Nike/JB are willing to get, at least). The current High '85 run of the 1's are proof that it's possible. While improvements have been made to other models, there is still much to be desired for most of them. There is also the fact that many of those improvements were not seen until after certain OG colorways re-released. The current 3s are a perfect example of that. More can be done but we should have gotten the current elephant print height, tongue fix and shape improvements starting with the release of the 2018 Black Cements, not the retro+ colorways that came after.

Who you keep around you 👀👀👀 nobody knows where I live but family. I got cameras around my entire house. Your only as good as the company you keep though 💯

honestly being Spanish culture states I should be welcoming to guest

f that I have no one over except family. Especially my son lil friends wanting to come over. and cams in and out. My man cave/ shoe room is locked. Too.

home got robbed by his sons friend brothers once they found he had hella valuables in the house.

watch yo kids friends too.

Na yal definitely be getting restocks, it's just so many ppl in a small area. They mobb as soon as word get out. I can usually get every release as long as I put in the footwork. Footwork is key 💯 and also Converse with employees, help em from time to time. They bless me... I basically hold my whole city down.

When you’re in, you’re the best, when you’re out, you’re a pest. One day something is going to come up in your life where you cannot be as active in the sneaker game. One day you’ll walk into those stores and ppl going to look at you like just some other *******. And you’ll need a crypto rig to mine raffle tickets or something equally as bizarre.

I get cars with serial numbers at retail, but can’t hit on a GR holiday release. I spent the same time on both. One is from a dealer I never even seen prior to Covid. Zero relationship prior to me wanting the car. The other was from a brand and stores that I legit gave a portion of my life to.

i just think as I get older my tolerance for abuse and disloyalty gets lower. Jb gentrified the brand and encourages cultural appropriation for sales. I want them to flourish but not at our expense. We made this brand.

having to hold down employees or really do anything besides walk in say hello and cop after 25 years in the game is disrespect. Maybe I’m spoiled now. Like I said, I put in the same work for a car that I can enjoy and still sell for 20-50k over what I spent on it

im not trying to turn anyone negative on the whole thing but this is sick lol in a bad way. I owe it to this game that I can walk in some place and converse my way onto the list for a car that I have no business being on, but man does it feel weird getting played out over a $220 costing, $50 value, shoe that I’m not going to see for 3 years much less wear. A lot of cheaper less demoralizing ways to reminisce.

i think this too would be different if you were in NYC

I say 50 for me

today years old lol, jk I'll probably be back in like 2 years. Ill get my computer programming certification in the mean time just in case theyre still doing raffles.

None of those, including Cool Greys, no matter how dope they are, are “original” anything.

Er, never? I’m in my 40s. Love sneakers as much as ever. I don’t give an eff if younger people or any people see me rocking my stuff and think I’m washed or lame. I’ve been into this since I was a barely a teen. It’s probably the one consistent interest I’ve always had. Your passions don’t just evaporate because you hit a certain age. When you’re younger you think being in your 40s or hitting 50 is going to be some sea change in your mind and/or you’re going to be ancient. When you get there, you realize it’s mostly the same LOL

All facts and I'm glad you said this, everyone acts like at these ages you become a default dad type and stop liking what you like. I'm exactly the same (interests wise) as I was at 10 15 20 25.. im mid 30s now. I just added more interests. I was waiting for some light switch to happen but it doesnt.

Only thing I do more now is protect my peace, so if I stop buying sneakers its going to be because the process gives me more headache than happy.

My pair from snkrs came in yesterday and they did these right! Clean shoe, cuts, nice smell, that toe box!

The only thing I'm waiting for them to do is stitch the number on the heel and finally raise the shoe 1/4 inch higher to the og 4/4 height

Back
Top Bottom