HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

I see people in here going back and forth on their opinions, about if resell is going to go down or stay where they're at in the next few weeks.

Nothing is going to change price wise significantly at all. Maybe by a couple of dollars, and I mean that, only fluctuating by $15 to $30, but nothing major is going to change in price, and that's due to the high demand for these.

Add to the point that higher demand products are having logistical/shipping issues, pairs not hitting retailers all at once like they should, along with everybody wanting these, resale isn't changing at all in my opinion.

There's no reason to, it's going to stay at $300 to $400 on the low end, and $400 to $500 on the high end, which those prices depends on the size. This is going to be the same for the Patent Leather Bred 1's coming soon.

Times are way different because of the remnants of the pandemic that's left over, with shipping issues. Anything as far as high demand products are going to be luxury items for the next year or 2.

Some might disagree, but resell is the new retail, we can thank social media and the pandemic for what's going on. Either you have it or you don't. Either you hit the lottery numbers or you're coughing up the dough on stuff like this.

Or the third option: not paying 50% - 100% over retail for a shoe for which the price - even at $225 - is both set by Nike and justified only based on internet sentiment.

This is absolutely the worst and hardest annual holiday XI release I ever tried to get since I've been keeping up with it from 2016 because I struck out again with the postponed release date on all the three FLX apps. But that seemed like a given predicated on the fact there was much lesser quantities going up against the same exorbitant amount of demand this time around.

I'm sticking with my guns to not overpay on the resale market because I really don't need them that much despite wanting them. I'll just have to focus on my next interests. And it wouldn't make sense for me to go a%$ backwards going outside of retail because I had enough gift cards to cover the cost of these if I was able to get them.

But I'll always be glad to see everyone who was able to get these at retail and effectively cut out the overpriced middleman (resellers).

Sounds like a very fiscally smart and responsible plan. Your future self in thanking you.

Don’t pay the pirates. The shoes are not intrinsically valued at that resale price so it’s a questionable expenditure of resources to begin with. But also, buying at resale feeds the machine and makes the next release and subsequent releases, ad infinitum, tougher to get. By paying resellers, you’re giving incentive and resources for resellers to keep innovating.

So ironically when someone begrudgingly pays for the Cool Grey 11 at resale, they’re in effect contributing to an environment where their next few releases will also likely need to be bought at resale as well.

It’s a resale paradox.

Hope you score at retail. Stay safe and blessed.

StockX sales volume dropped from 30K to about 9K.

So I think resale prices should start dipping very soon.
🙏🏿

Still considering a 10.5 though just to save a little coin. Wearing my Jubilees today for added assurance lol.
20211216_074747.jpg

Sounds like a very fiscally smart and responsible plan. Your future self in thanking you.

Don’t pay the pirates. The shoes are not intrinsically valued at that resale price so it’s a questionable expenditure of resources to begin with. But also, buying at resale feeds the machine and makes the next release and subsequent releases, ad infinitum, tougher to get. By paying resellers, you’re giving incentive and resources for resellers to keep innovating.

So ironically when someone begrudgingly pays for the Cool Grey 11 at resale, they’re in effect contributing to an environment where their next few releases will also likely need to be bought at resale as well.

It’s a resale paradox.

This is so true. I’ve been coaxed into buying things at resale and now I think it’s the norm. I should leave it at if I can’t get it for whatever it’s sellin at out the store, settle for some new balance or ASICS instead.

StockX sales volume dropped from 30K to about 9K.

So I think resale prices should start dipping very soon.

Yah cuz 2-3k pairs a day sold on one day on one channel is not a lot . Then add goat and all the consignment stores in the USA .

Nobody's getting these for under $300.00 on the resell market, because the demand is way to high for them. I don't think y'all understand how bad people want these. It's like as if y'all think this 5 or 6 years ago.

These are the Cool Greys, add to the edition of them having the higher Patent Leather Cut on them for the first time, then add on that companies are having logistical/shipping problems because of the after effects of covid. High demand, equals not easy at all.

The majority of people are forgetting about the logistical/shipping issues that Nike is having now. That's the main reason why releases keep being pushed back, or just scrapped all together. The Demand is already high for certain releases, and now Nike is having problems getting the shoes where they need to be for release.

Now any time they have future restocks or left over pairs finally hitting retailers to be sold, guess what's going to happen? Bots will be in line ahead of you, and the majority of us who want a second, third, or 4th pair will continue to keep trying to get more pairs at retail, because you can never have enough Cool Grey 11,s. Don't get me started on resellers.

Nike/Jordan Brand is actually seriously out of this world smart with their marketing strategy. But the pandemic issues has made it even worser and harder on people who just actually want the shoes than ever before. At this point, people need to just accept that this next year is going to be dramatically hard to buy highly demanding releases for retail on a consistent basis going forward. We might get lucky here and there sometimes, but I don't know anybody without a inside plug i.e. reseller connect, employee thats family to hit on every popular release at retail without any headaches or issues on release day.

With StockX and GOAT the demand will wane some because people no longer will get them for Christmas.

You would be cutting it close now with the shipping to them and receiving them.

they should just flood the market with two or so classics per year. FLOOD. keep the old timers and the commoners happy and let the new generation continue to one up each other with the exclusive exclusive other drops. I think if they released enough that these sat until april it wouldnt do the brand damage in the slightest, we’d all have our multiples and sales would balance out.

the went from godlevel genius to exploitative when they paid the price of several small nations for psychologists basically turning ppl into legit addicts.

They could have found an extremely profitable way to strike a balance had they spent some of that research money on making us happy instead of addicts.

prices will drop, resale prices on literally everything are unprecedentedly high, the prices on these are riding that wave in addition to their own merit. Anything giftable in a time with no gifts available is at an even Higher premium til feb

Last edited:
What age will you all stop buying kicks?
I say 50 for me
37 now and dont think ill ever stop enjoying shoes, so as long as i can hit the gym just dont see it happening.
Hell im just now in recent time able to indulge and enjoy the hobby the way id like, running restoration work on old pairs so definitely not anytime soon. Throwing on Kobe or Jordans is a reminder to do better to strive for greatness, thats something that shifts and alters with time.

I feel like the prices will drop only because most pairs were bought by re sellers and after Christmas nobody will want them so people will cut their price down lower to actually get rid of them. These are cool greys not concords or Breds. Nobody wants to sit on a **** ton of pairs of cool greys. Re sellers eventually will want these gone. There’s tons of concords sitting on the market for 500 but nobody is buying them. Only[reason people are buying these resell is for Christmas and fomo. They will sit after January.
Some Resellers are still sitting on lightning 4’s. waiting for them to take off. So imo “Actual resellers” they will definitely sit on these 11’s sell better

Carmine 6s and fire red 5s damn near retail. Where the hoarder bums at
1.) Carmine 6. The Pink midsole issue make that one harder for every one to get on board after being stoked. My pair (that at least looks white) hasn’t left the box since i got it. Outlets still have pairs available
2.) Fire red 5’s can still be found in outlets
3.) 4’s are the second popular J model rn

It’s a resale paradox.

So true.

Took 3 Ls today. Not sure why I bothered.
Me too. It is what it is. I haven’t won since the the raffle changed. I win a Snkrs here and there so im ok and sometimes I walk into
a pair but Congrats to all that Won first and then again.

No matter how many pairs of holiday 11s are made, there will never be enough. As a 25 year old this is my first time being able to purchase these for myself, it's a lot of people in the same position and on top of that, everyone and their moms want these.

another friend hit with the “your box is damaged” email from goat. no pics or anything. asking for discount.

just another “smells fishy” bit from goat.

Back
Top Bottom