Homeowner shoots intruder who was not pregnant...

He killed a criminal good for him give this man a medal.

I would of done the same thing and chased ol boy and laid him to rest.

Lock this up mods it's clear the man did the right thing.

Some of these devils advocate, go against the grain dudes on this board are funny. How anyone can sympathize with a criminal robber who breaks into houses and lies about being pregnant to get sympathy is beyond me.

You know what, ill be honest, I would've did what the old man did too regardless because I would've been pissed off that some animal and her bf wanted to break into my house to begin with with no regards for my property or safety. I would've did it out of anger and maybe fear too and just lied to the cops and said they threatened to come back and kill me if I called the cops. My word vs a dead thug (lady and the dude were white for the more sensitive niketalkers when it comes to that word) with an extended criminal rapsheet and a history of breaking and entering.

Call it od or taking it too far, I don't care. Have respect for people's property, houses and safety and you don't gotta worry about it.
I agree 100%

Dudes got sympathy for career criminals....I know why but I'm not going there
 If you can't say it anonymously online then where can you say it?

Maybe I missed it but all those saying that he essentially executed her, where do you get the impression that he shot her once she fell then he stood over here and shot her again?

He said he shot her twice. To me it sounds like she was running and screamed dont shoot im pregant and he just let off two sequential rounds that connected.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it but all those saying that he essentially executed her, where do you get the impression that he shot her once she fell then he stood over here and shot her again?

He said he shot her twice. To me it sounds like she was running and screamed dont shoot im pregant and he just let off two sequential rounds that connected.
He shot her, she fell, begged for her life and then he shot her again.

The south got a lot of things wrong. One thing they got right are gun laws. I can get down with the stand your ground law. I'm pretty sure his actions would've been justified under that law. To you guys who say he wasn't in damger because they were fleeing, are you kidding me? They knew where this 80 year old frail guy lived. You honestly think there wasn't a slight chance they could've said ok let's come back strapped this time and we will kill him if he moves an inch. I think that's always a possibility and I think he was in danger if that was a possibilty. What's crazy about these gun laws is the fact that law abiding citizens are the ones suffering. Drugs are banned but herion use is off the charts right now. Can you honestly sit here and say banning firearms will stop them from falling into the wrong hands? If you can you are a fool.

The concept of stand your ground is a good idea. It looks good on paper.

However its way too much inconsistency with how its enforced. The Trayvon Martin case was a terrible situation all around and the whole idea of how one can stalk and follow someone, provoke an altercation they wouldn't dare provoke if not strapped and hide behind stand my ground after provoking everything and getting off sets a scary precedent.

Along with the inconsistencies a black lady tried to use stand my ground and didn't shoot anyone but the air to fed off her abusive husband and got 20 years. The Marissa Alexander case. The Michael Giles case where he got 25 years for standing his ground against an attacker and shooting them in the leg. No one died but he got 25 years.

It does seem as if the stand your ground defense is enforced differently for different people.

Just dont feel like that post had anything to do with this. Race is irrelevant in this case no reason to imply things would be different if it were black folks.

Last edited:
Why should we keep them out this thread? Someone brought up stand your ground. I responded by giving examples of how the stand your ground defense doesn't work for everyone.

Again, stand your ground looks good on paper, and the concept of it is good if used for its intended purpose but at the same time sets a bad precedent. It gives dudes a green light to get more ballsy and provoke situations they normally wouldn't because their strapped and feel they can use their gun because the law has their back.

Compare that with an old man who really was minding his business only to have the problem come to him and violate him in his own home and violate that whole idea of being safe at home.

I think the majority of people feel like old man in this case had way more justification to shoot and kill the robber than George Zimmerman did stalking Trayvon Martin?

Those are the old mans words.

No they arent his words. He said he shot her twice. He didnt say he shot her once then went up to her and shot her again. He didnt give a time interval between the two shots he fired.

He stated she was running away and he fired two shots killing her.

I know he is old but he wasnt using a muzzle loaded rifle that takes five minutes to reload after a single shot. Guns nowadays to have the abilit to fire sequential rounds

Last edited:
Some of these devils advocate, go against the grain dudes on this board are funny. How anyone can sympathize with a criminal robber who breaks into houses and lies about being pregnant to get sympathy is beyond me.

You know what, ill be honest, I would've did what the old man did too regardless because I would've been pissed off that some animal and her bf wanted to break into my house to begin with with no regards for my property or safety. I would've did it out of anger and maybe fear too and just lied to the cops and said they threatened to come back and kill me if I called the cops. My word vs a dead thug (lady and the dude were white for the more sensitive niketalkers when it comes to that word) with an extended criminal rapsheet and a history of breaking and entering.

Call it od or taking it too far, I don't care. Have respect for people's property, houses and safety and you don't gotta worry about it.
Truth.

Those are the old mans words.

No they arent his words. He said he shot her twice. He didnt say he shot her once then went up to her and shot her again. He didnt give a time interval between the two shots he fired.

I know he is old but he wasnt using a muzzle loaded rifle that takes five minutes to reload after a single shot. Guns nowadays to have the abilit to fire sequential rounds

The man escaped, but the woman fell after being struck by Greer's gunfire in an alley behind the house.
"She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' And I shot her anyway," Greer said.
When asked what he saw happen to the woman after he fired shots, Greer responded: "She was dead. I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."

That makes it sound like he shot her again after she says I'm pregnant

The jury, clearly
Please share, I'm intrigued. Ever think it has nothing to do with them being criminals and people just having sympathy for a life?
This woman deserves no sympathy. If you put others in danger or steal from another persons home yo get no sympathy. This man did us a favor. You think this is the last crib they were going to rob?

When I went in there, they tackled me," Greer told NBC4 Wednesday. "Both of them jumped up on top of me."

The intruders, a man and woman, may have underestimated Greer, he said, as they ransacked his safe and yanked the door open right in front of him.

The intruders threw Greer to the ground, but they didn't know he'd gotten his .22-caliber Smith and Wesson revolver.

"I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run," he said.

The man escaped, but the woman fell after being struck by Greer's gunfire in an alley behind the house.

"She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' And I shot her anyway," Greer said.

When asked what he saw happen to the woman after he fired shots, Greer responded: "She was dead. I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."

It's on the first ******* page!

How is that not execution?

Last edited:
This woman deserves no sympathy. If you put others in danger or steal from another persons home yo get no sympathy. This man did us a favor. You think this is the last crib they were going to rob?

I'm not God so it never sits right with me when people think taking a life is the answer, that's just me.

NT alpha right? :rolleyes

Shooting the intruder is alright in my book.

But after you see her hit and on the ground, why not go back in the house, call the police and wait.

He walked up to her and put two more in her to make sure she was dead.

He literally executed a thief!

Dis 'Merica not the Congo. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom