Honestly..... Can You Listen To All 23 Tracks On Life After Death Without Skipping.

I can't...... i think alot of people force themselves to call this album a classic. Although LAD contains some of Biggie's greatest tracks like StoryTo Tell, Whats Beef, Somebody's Gotta Die, Notorious Thugs, N.... Bleed and etc it really isn't an overall masterpiece like Ready To Die is imo. Disc2 is really the downfall of LAD i can probably listen to disc 1 all the way through but i just can't mess with sh.. like Going Back To Cali, Another, NastyBoy. I think LAD is just like Wu-Tang Forever cats be trying to pass it off as a classic because of the artist... these albums can very well be personalclassics no doubt but they don't match the perfection of albums like Illmatic, Infamous, ATLiens, OB4CL.

LAD is still a top 15 hip-hop album just not a masterpiece like many try to pass it off as being imo. Btw im looking at LAD from a musical standpoint... since"impact" wise it could be heralded as one of the greatest hip-hop albums.... no doubt it had the impact of a classic hip-hop album.

I can. I haven't in a while, but sometimes i'm like
sick.gif
when Ihear that track when he's gettin some dome (or is that Ready To Die?).

Disc 2 is really the downfall of LAD i can probably listen to disc 1 all the way through but i just can't mess with sh.. like Going Back To Cali, Another, Nasty Boy.
These specific songs bring back great memories of the things that were going on when this album dropped. Especially Another B^&%$ and NastyBoy. Going back to Cali is
grin.gif
but everything else on Disk Two I roll with.

I actually prefer Disk Two over Disk One

i usually skip Another and F You Tonight, but i can easily listen to it all the way through.

wait... i thought this unskippable album was the reason that big > jay... one of yall Ns said it...

When you say the album has like 4 skippable tracks, then turn around and say its top 15 that's a slap in the face of hip hop . . . Are there only 14masterpeice hip hop albums?? . . . I personally prefer disc 2 over disc 1 ANY day . . . I have listened to it without skippin for 11 years, I aint about to getuptight now . . . "Another" isn't the best song, but its VERY entertaining, nothing else is really bad on the album, "Going Back ToCali" is a CLASSIC, I remember goin to Cali back in 97, a few months after Big had passed
smh.gif
smh.gif

Also if its top 15, how can someone be forcing themselves to call it a classic?? I'm lost . . . Anyone can listen to Life After Death all the way through,I don't see why one couldn't, I mean if you're gonna skip a track it should be because its unbearable and you ears can't stand to hear it, Ifind it hard to believe someone can think that 3 or 4 times over with LAD unless they are a Grade A HATER like my brotha IllScan . . .

Hypnotize
#!*@ U Tonight
Mo Money Mo Problems
Miss U
Another
Going Back To Cali
Playa Hater
Nasty Boy

^All skip tracks

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

How can you skip #!@% You Tonight? Classic track right there.

that Ashanti joint pretty much ruined it for me.
Hypnotize
#!*@ U Tonight
Mo Money Mo Problems
Miss U
Another
Going Back To Cali
Playa Hater
Nasty Boy
radio friendly or not, those tracks are fire. Jay is the only rapper who is even close to Biggie in terms of not compromising his talent whenmaking good singles. everybody ripped Mo Money, Mo Problems too, i just don't see how you can dislike that song. and Playa Hater is probably the funniestparody joint i've ever heard but to each his own...

Who said a classic album's criteria is you have to listen to it all the way through. Life After Death is an album that every rapper wants to make orwishes they could make. Joint had universal appeal. Even the tracks you say you skip, others say are great tracks. Now Top 15 is a bit much, but this album isdefinitely a classic and a hip hop milestone.

Originally Posted by mace40

I just don't understand hate on Going Back To Cali... %**# is backwards.

cause its weak, the beat is tired, been sampled to death, and the lyrics aint nothing write home about

Who said a classic album's criteria is you have to listen to it all the way through.
Exactly, I probably can name 1 track off of every "classic" album that I skip through.

And "Going Back to Cali" damn near is an anthem, the use of the sample was intentional imo

Yes, there are some skippable tracks, but I still think this is the best double CD rap album, and he is the best rapper to ever do it.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Who said a classic album's criteria is you have to listen to it all the way through.
Exactly, I probably can name 1 track off of every "classic" album that I skip through.

And "Going Back to Cali" damn near is an anthem, the use of the sample was intentional imo

Its just not 1 track i find weak off LAD... its a good 3 on Disc 2 alone plus i can't sit throw the album like i can with albums like 36 Chambers,Infamous, Illmatic and etc. But i agree with your statement because for example Reasonable Doubt has 2 weak tracks but its still a classic.
Also if its top 15, how can someone be forcing themselves to call it a classic?? I'm lost . . . Anyone can listen to Life After Death all the way through, I don't see why one couldn't, I mean if you're gonna skip a track it should be because its unbearable and you ears can't stand to hear it, I find it hard to believe someone can think that 3 or 4 times over with LAD unless they are a Grade A HATER like my brotha IllScan . . .
I mean i think Hell On Earth is a top 15 hip-hop album and its not categorized as a classic by most but i will cut LAD some slack since it is adouble album generally all double albums have some type of filler thats why i still rate it as being in a top 15 hip-hop album list. Its a great album but nota masterpiece like some try to past it off as. People complain when Jay put mainstream orientated tracks on his album but on LAD BIG had a good 7-8 songs madeexclusively for the radio.

ya buggin, ya forgetting its a 2 DISK

So if he made it one disk it would be a
classic? No way
I look at it ad extra tracks, all in all if you have 21 bangers and 2 sub par songs ( they don't suck) its a classic period

Back
Top Bottom