Honestly I Can't Believe I Acutally Thought It Was Okay To Think Pau > Dwight

Block aside, this guy has always been soft. I've got no problem with a big guy having skill and finesse. But this guy has no toughness in his game at all.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Pau may not be the best big man in the league, but I think he's the most complete big man. He can score in the post, hit jump shots, rebound, pass and block a few shots. He hasn't played well the last few games but is still putting up 19 (51 FG%) and 10.

this...how soon did people forget he pretty much defended howard one on one in the finals last year.

true. but a lot that comes from a lack of a true PG or anyone who can get him the ball in the right spot and on time.

I miss me some healthy Yao Ming. Always dominated against Dwight Howard and his skills are almost up there with Gasol besides passing and handles. Arguably a better mid range shooter than Gasol. FT shooting Center that doesn't choke!

he is better than dwight. if you can't make fts and can't make a damn offensive move down to the stretch to save your life, i ain't taking you.

pau appears soft b/c he's not very involved in the offense for the most part; the lakers go ignoring him for long stretches. that's not an excuse, but imagining doing that to kobe even. give the man the ball.

the lakers are losing this series b/c tey dont pound the ball inside enough.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Also I think the easiest way to tell if a player is better than the other is to take each player and put them in each other shoes.

Lakers would be unstoppable with Dwight down in the paint
And The Magic wouldnt be a top 4 team in the East with Gasol.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

i remember in another thread some Lakers fans insisted that Gasol was better. Having better skills does NOT mean you are a better basketball player. Gasol has more skills, but Dwight is better.
having no offense game does not make you better than someone who is the most skilled big in the game...try watching some basketball before making dumb statements...
roll.gif
nah you should try watching some basketball before telling someone else to. so you're telling me if you would rather have gasol than one of the most dominant big men in the NBA? I don't care if dwight doesn't have post moves he's impacts the game way more than gasol does. His defense changes games, gasol's defense doesnt. Every GM in the NBA would take dwight over gasol, you should tell them to watch some basketball too
laugh.gif
Gasol is not a bad defender, though. look at his defense in the 09 Finals against Dwight himself.. held him under 50% shooting.. while Pau had his way with Howard guarding him.

Howard can change a game with defense, yes. but Pau can change a game with his defense as well (to a lesser extent), but also with his post scoring and passing ability. so who really impacts the game more?

We already established that Dwight has no post moves, so Pau stopping him isnt a big deal. I think Dwight's defense is not just about stats, but how he changes so many shots in the paint. He allows the Magic to get away with playing Rashard Lewis at the 4. Even though Dwight cant make any free throws, at least he draws a lot more real fouls than Gasol (he flops to get his fouls).

With Dwight, you just need a few shooters and a playmaker to be a championship contender. With Gasol, you need a Kobe-like player to get to that level (just look at what happened in Memphis). Dwight's impact on ANY team>Gasol's impact.

I can't see any way someone can take Gasol over Dwight.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

he is better than dwight. if you can't make fts and can't make a damn offensive move down to the stretch to save your life, i ain't taking you.

pau appears soft b/c he's not very involved in the offense for the most part; the lakers go ignoring him for long stretches. that's not an excuse, but imagining doing that to kobe even. give the man the ball.

if you don't guard the paint and play soft in the Finals then i ain't taking you neither.

the Lakers are losing this series because Gasol is soft. If only they had Dwight...........
laugh.gif

Dwigh Howard is clearly better than Gasol, and it's not a knock on Gasol. Dwight was just naturally gifted and has a presence that is undeniable. With everyone being all wet over Gasol's offensive skill set, he averaged the same amount of points as Howard in the regular season with Howard having the better fg%. Also Gasol only averages a basket more in the playoffs, and thats with Howard apparently having 0 offense according to all of you. Not to mention Gasol is charmin.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by nyk buc

if you don't guard the paint and play soft in the Finals then i ain't taking you neither.

the Lakers are losing this series because Gasol is soft. If only they had Dwight...........
laugh.gif
are you serious? dude is averaging 19 points on freakin' 12 shots a game on 52% shooting? 12 freakin' shots a game for a guy who's mad efficient. let me REPEAT: 12 FREAKIN' SHOTS A GAME.

and the lakers team is playing BELOW its level offensively, and your most efficient offensive player is getting 12 shots a game. i'm sorry, do i need to repeat that logic again?

game 5 was a bad game for pau, and this was his SECOND (or 3rd) bad game ALL POSTSEASON if you look at it - how consistent is that if i had to ask you?

kobe is shooting 42% in this entire series, and if you took out last game's explosion, he was shooting 39%. and he's taking 20+ shots a game. and he's taking BAD SHOTS too. PASS THE EFFING BALL.

big guys need to the ball to be effective. the only soft thing about pau is he doesn't scream or slap his guards in the face when they ignore him for stretches.

if pau gets 17-18 shots a game, the lakers win this series in 5 guarantee.

if you really think pau is the reason the lakers are losing, go slap yourself. 19 points and 10 boards a game?

remember, dwight howard had like 5-6 dunks a game from his guards setting him up. none of the lakers' guard have set pau up for easy buckets for most of the series.

why? they've been JACKING UP 3PT SHOTS OR FADEAWAYS...

the lakers in this series have only score more than 100+ points ONCE. and pau is only taking 12 shots a game. now how do you think the lakers will score more? GET PAU THE DAMN BALL.

Neither of them are capable of carrying teams by themselves. Dirk is the best power forward in the league followed by Bosh, I have no idea why anyone would say Gasol is better than those two.

Kobe trying to be a has a lot more to do with Pau sucking than anything else, Kobe is going to lose this series for them if he doesn't stop trying to be a hero, its his fatal flaw, AND WHY NO MATTER HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HE WINS, He's not better than Mike or Magic.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kobe trying to be a has a lot more to do with Pau sucking than anything else, Kobe is going to lose this series for them if he doesn't stop trying to be a hero, its his fatal flaw, AND WHY NO MATTER HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HE WINS, He's not better than Mike or Magic.
I agree to a certain extent. I dont think anyone can really stop Pau on the offensive end but he has to DEMAND the ball. its' on him as much as Kobe/Phil.

If I'm the Celtics I want Kobe taking those shots he took in game 5. He makes them, so be it. I do not want to see Pau/Bynum being aggressive and getting 15+ shots.

Just like Doc was telling his team during Game 5, his points count for 2 not 10 so let him shoot. I was Bosh/Dirk over Gasol in the first thread we had about this and I thought this series would change my mind.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I agree to a certain extent. I dont think anyone can really stop Pau on the offensive end but he has to DEMAND the ball. its' on him as much as Kobe/Phil.

If I'm the Celtics I want Kobe taking those shots he took in game 5. He makes them, so be it. I do not want to see Pau/Bynum being aggressive and getting 15+ shots.
I been screaming this on Twitter for the past week.
laugh.gif

mad.gif

Give Pau 15-18 shots and he'll get at least 20-25 points.

Kobe this...Kobe that. Pau Gasol played like a cold #@#@% in Game 5 and I dare anyone of you to sit up here and tell me that's on ANYONE but Gasol.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Gasol only getting 12 shots a game is kobe's fault? Lol !$@%
you guys ignore the fact that barely anyone on this squad can throw a decent post entry pass.
Couple that with The celtics doing a great job getting pau out of his comfort zone and letting him get the ball way outside of his range and you get pau being less effective and getting less opportunitie to create a shot with his passing/scoring

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Honestly Dwight may not be offensively gifted as Pau but honestly Pau is charmin soft to be honest. Dude is weaker than Andrew Bynum's knees. Smh @ getting blocked by Tony Allen.
We believe you, no one is calling you a liar.

That block wasn't totally his fault, Tony came out of nowhere and Pau thought he had an easy look.  If he went up stronger he still would have gotten blocked or at least fouled probably.

And I never thought Gasol > Dwight.  Gasol is vastly superior on offense, but give me D12's defensive impact any game over Gasol, plus Dwight still can score 18 points a game with his limited offensive skills.

It is funny though, a lot of Lakers fans and people in the media can turn so quickly on a guy after one game.  Watch him score 25 next game and he's the greatest #2 option since Pippen, but if he disappears again then he's a bum and the Lakers should trade for Kwame again.
I've seen this happen like a million times
smh.gif

^Given the hindsight Zik, you are correct. He'd have probably got fouled with the body. But at the same time you gotta look at it like this: Pau got a deep catch and usually a QUICK finish is 2 "guaranteed" points. The D12 style gather + power dunk is fun to look at, but what makes Pau better on Off. is that he's known to keep the ball high and flip it in before the D can recover and foul/blk his shot. There was NO way to know T.A. was flying to the rack for the great block. I don't blame Pau... it was just good HELP D.

Back
Top Bottom