Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

Can't post it right now, but looking at the box score and seeing Troy Daniels and Tony Allen combining for 35 is disgusting. Allen averages 10ppg and dropped 22 last night, and most of that 22 were straight up layups. That is sickening. The Rockets had cold shooting, yet still could have won that game.

pimp.gif

From Chron:

Rockets center Clint Capela will return to the starting lineup against the Heat on Tuesday, bringing a "problem" not often associated with Mike D'Antoni teams: Too many centers.

Before Capela's injury in Minneapolis on Dec. 17, either Nene or Montrezl Harrell often sat out games. With Harrell's production – he averaged 14.2 points on 67.7 percent shooting since Capela's injury – D'Antoni would like to play all three centers. He made a point to tell them on Tuesday that the juggling will at times be difficult.

"I talked to them today and told them we will try to take care of all three of them," D'Antoni said. "There will be times somebody will get the short end of the stick. That's just the way it is. I can't produce minutes for them.

"We have other circumstances. We have Clint coming back so he'll have to go slow. We have Nene we want to keep fresh, some back-to-backs we want to give him some rest. It's a good problem to have so long as we all approach it as something inevitably no one is going to be happy all the time totally and if they have problems we need to talk about it, make sure everybody is OK."

With Capela out, D'Antoni had determined his starter based in part on matchups, using Nene against the bigger, low-post centers and Harrell on the perimeter-oriented center. He said he can do that off the bench, especially when Capela is limited while working his way back into game shape.

"Clint will start. He's our starter," D'Antoni said. "Maybe the first guy off the bench will be a matchup consideration. Or if bulky centers give Clint a problem, I'll substitute early and get Nene in there. Or if we need energy today, maybe here comes Montrezl. The good thing about the centers is they're (not) all the same. When they're all the same, what do you do? They bring different attributes. We just have to pick the right one.

"I don't think (Capela's) at a minutes limit. He'll be a self-check. His condition being what it is, we'll keep him under 20 minutes, probably."

Just saw it said Anderson has the flu and Brerwer is starting in his place. Ewwwwww :x but it's the Heat, and the Rockets should make things look easy right away

Even with minimal minutes Brewer is bad. Whether 15 or 3 minutes, he's a major detriment

I can't stand these full court passes. Up by 15 then careless goofy turnovers brought the Bucks right back in it

My brother got his company tickets to the Rockets game in Boston next weekend. So I'll be there. Will take pictures.

Back
Top Bottom