Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

It's embarrassing.ive seriously never saw someone play this bad every game like Brewer is.

You know it's bad when fans of other teams are noticing :lol:

It's embarrassing.ive seriously never saw someone play this bad every game like Brewer is.

You know it's bad when fans of other teams are noticing :lol:

Yea my gf is a Celtics fan and until we started watching games together, she thought my Corey Brewer slander was random. Multiple Rockets games watched, and she now knows that's not the truth :lol:

Last edited:

You know it's bad when fans of other teams are noticing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

KJ needs Sewer's minutes

On February 22, 2011, Brewer was traded to the New York Knicks in a three-way blockbuster trade that also brought Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets to New York. On March 1, 2011, he was waived by the Knicks without playing a game for them.

Pringles cut him 6 years ago because he couldn't shoot. I'm guessing either harden or morey is the reason he's playing so much.

I think it's pretty obvious Brewer plays because there's no better option to take those minutes away from from. Y'all act like this is new, guy wake up in contract years to get paid all the time. This is who Brewer had been his whole career.

I've said it before KJ doesn't play because he can't play. He isn't bringing anything tangible to team that warrants him getting minutes over Brewer. Say what you want about JB but 3 coaches have seen it now and so far y'all like Dantoni. They should just trade him.

I mean it was spot minutes, but McDaniels looks like he has some talent, especially as a weak side defender.

I think it's pretty obvious Brewer plays because there's no better option to take those minutes away from from.

I've said it before KJ doesn't play because he can't play. He isn't bringing anything tangible to team that warrants him getting minutes over Brewer.

Brewer/KJ

MPG: 16 / 8
PPG: 4 / 3
3pt % 23 / 40
2pt % 40 / 45
FT % 70/ 90

Y'all act like this is new, guy wake up in contract years to get paid all the time. This is who Brewer had been his whole career.

The need to get rid of Sewer is def not new. There's other ways to dissolve his mins. KJ doesn't have to take all of them :lol:

If this is who Brewer has always been, we probably don't win a lot of those games the 14-15 season.

And we don't know that KJ can't play...because he's never on the court, unless it's the last 3 minutes of the game and he's trying to rush up as many shots as he can cause he knows as of now that's his only opportunity to play.

Well some of y'all think that Brewer is one of the worst players in he league and KJ can't beat that guy out. Dekker is pretty much a rookie and has already passed KJ up on the depth chart so what does that tell you?

You must not have paid attention to who Corey Brewer was until he became a Rocket because this is definitely who he's been his whole career. He woke up in a contact year to get paid. Mid level guys do that all the time every season.

I think it's pretty obvious Brewer plays because there's no better option to take those minutes away from from. Y'all act like this is new, guy wake up in contract years to get paid all the time. This is who Brewer had been his whole career.

I've said it before KJ doesn't play because he can't play. He isn't bringing anything tangible to team that warrants him getting minutes over Brewer. Say what you want about JB but 3 coaches have seen it now and so far y'all like Dantoni. They should just trade him.

The most obvious answer is to just give dekker more minutes. At least he rebounds fairly well.

i've been a huge KJ guy over the years. y'all can search my posts.

with that said.

KJ stinks. Like Statis said. McHale had him. JB had him. D'Antoni has him. Not one of them thought to give him minutes. at some point, it's because of who he is. He can't beat out Brewer for minutes, and he had his chance. Dekker jumped both of them in one month of playing.

Capela/Brewer for Noel.  Maybe.

Need to find a way to unload that contract.

Well some of y'all think that Brewer is one of the worst players in he league and KJ can't beat that guy out. Dekker is pretty much a rookie and has already passed KJ up on the depth chart so what does that tell you?

You must not have paid attention to who Corey Brewer was until he became a Rocket because this is definitely who he's been his whole career. He woke up in a contact year to get paid. Mid level guys do that all the time every season.

It tells us that Dekker actually got the opportunity to show he can play, and rewarded with reasonable minutes. Other than desperation and blowouts, when exactly has he been afforded that chance? It's like saying Kenny Hilliard sucks, when we don't know even know that cause he never sees the field. We 100% know Brewer and Tyler Ennis are trash. Also, Brewer had been productive for a handful of years up until last year. He's no good now and a lost cause. I'd put in the unknown commodity over the dumpster any day, but at this point, Brewer, Ennis, and KJ all need to be dealt somewhere.

Man these guys are professionals, guys are paid to make the most of their opportunities. 3 different coaches thought or think KJ isn't good enough so do you think they're wrong or they are holding him back?

If Kenny Hilliard was a viable RB he would be on an active NFL roster instead of collecting practice squad checks being a tackling dummy for us.

If you're not good enough you don't play, that's it. We can cross as many different sports as you like and the standard would still apply.

i've been a huge KJ guy over the years. y'all can search my posts.

with that said.

KJ stinks. Like Statis said. McHale had him. JB had him. D'Antoni has him. Not one of them thought to give him minutes. at some point, it's because of who he is. He can't beat out Brewer for minutes, and he had his chance. Dekker jumped both of them in one month of playing.

I hear yall, but can't just use deductive reasoning to say why dude isn't playing :lol: Especially playing uner a history of trash coaches.

did you guys consider that McHale and JB also didn't give other young players minutes that were deserving?
KJ just needs to find his lane. He might not be acclimated to play better than Brew today because Brew has literally been getting more minutes over the past few seasons with these teammates and over his career, but that doesnt mean he's not worth an small investment.

and besides all that, like others have mentioned - Brew's minutes can be distributed to multiple people.

Last edited:
Man these guys are professionals, guys are paid to make the most of their opportunities. 3 different coaches thought or think KJ isn't good enough so do you think they're wrong or they are holding him back?

If Kenny Hilliard was a viable RB he would be on an active NFL roster instead of collecting practice squad checks being a tackling dummy for us.

If you're not good enough you don't play, that's it. We can cross as many different sports as you like and the standard would still apply.

Lol. That is not the case a lot of times for these guys. I'm just not seeing how a guy who doesn't get playing time can be considered terrible, when he never plays, and the guy who is in front of him is awful. If KJ had been getting the same amount of time as Brewer and was playing the same or worse, I'd agree. The whole "maybe the coaches see something in practice we don't" thing is just a weak cop-out argument.

Last edited:
Lol. That is not the case a lot of times for these guys. I'm just not seeing how a guy who doesn't get playing time can be considered terrible, when he never plays, and the guy who is in front of him is awful. If KJ had been getting the same amount of time as Brewer and was playing the same or worse, I'd agree. the whole "maybe the coaches see something in practice we don't" thing is just a weak cop-out argument.

lol, all of this

Lol. That is not the case a lot of times for these guys. I'm just not seeing how a guy who doesn't get playing time can be considered terrible, when he never plays, and the guy who is in front of him is awful. If KJ had been getting the same amount of time as Brewer and was playing the same or worse, I'd agree. The whole "maybe the coaches see something in practice we don't" thing is just a weak cop-out argument.
really though?

You think these coaches are blind? 
laugh.gif

I mean there has got to be a reason why multiple coaches haven't let him sniff the court. We know athletic KJ is, so there has got to be something else holding him back.

realistically though, I don't see any possible way he could be worse than Brewer 
roll.gif
mean.gif

really though?

You think these coaches are blind? :lol:

I mean there has got to be a reason why multiple coaches haven't let him sniff the court. We know athletic KJ is, so there has got to be something else holding him back.

realistically though, I don't see any possible way he could be worse than Brewer :rofl: :smh:

All that needs to be said :lol: we're talking about a young dude whose averaged 6 minutes a game since he's been in Houston, and most playing time has come from pre-season. On the flipside, Tyler Ennis was pushed to start early on do to Pat Bev's injury, and we saw every bit of why he shouldn't be a starter. There's tangible evidence of that, something we don't have with KJ, on top f playing a veteran that's been playing rrrrreally bad in Brewer. I could see if he was Terrence Jones/Terrence Williams as far as attitude, but nothing like that has come out about him.

I know when mchale was here he said KJ couldn't handle the defensive rotations :lol:

:lol: that's funny to hear from McHale because it looked like NOBODY knew rotations /our team didn't have a concept of rotations/switching. Does the Dame Lilliard shot ring a bell?

Back
Top Bottom