Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

I dig the experimenting of the lineups, but they still need to at least pretend to defend and box out, and also stop fouling, my goodness that **** is annoying, they've been bailing teams out all year

Last edited:
This is a damn shame. I don't care who is in the lineup, who is inexperienced or whatever, this is still a weak Pistons team. Embarrassing to be getting out-hustled like this

Pringles mailed this one in. Didn't make a single adjustment.

Ariza with these stupid pump fakes on layups. Smh

Boban Marjanovic's average this season is 4.8. He scored 27 last night. Ish Smith's season average is 9.1, he scored 20 last night. Stanley Johnson's season average is 4.4, and he scored 13 last night. Henry Ellenson, a guy I'm hearing of for the first time as of last night has a season average of 2.3, and scored 15 points last night, after what looks like 50 DNP-CD's in previous games. That's embarrassing all around no matter how much this game "didn't mean anything".

"Rockets guard Patrick Beverley was not happy after the loss to the Pistons. "That's bulls---," Beverley said. "What happened tonight was bulls--- as simple as that. We didn't come out and play, we didn't play together we didn't execute, we didn't defend. I don't care if this game didn't count, this is a NBA game and we're trying to have good habits. We didn't create good habits tonight. We didn't play well at all tonight. We have to play better if were talking about winning championships. I don't care if this is one of the few last games of the season, we have to play better and that's everybody."

Glad someone else feels this way

View media item 2399398
Good to see Ryno come back and look great. Soon as I saw the guys that were sitting out, I mostly just wanted to see what other guys (back end of roster especially) put up some numbers, and that's exactly what they did.

JH still getting that MVP?

he better turn up in the playoffs

Not after that last RW showcasing and after what he said it'll make him turn up even more in the playoffs or he won't care anymore.

This. Like I said in the NBA thread, I feel like Harden saw the writing on the wall with the triple double media blitz recently, and basically looked towards the playoffs. Russ winning the MVP and the Rockets sending OKC home is necessary.

So 2015 wins>stats
Now 2017 stats>wins
Harden suffers from people just not liking him. Because people don't watch, are lazy, doesn't play defense and says he flops. It's really too bad because Harden is just a better basketball player.

Last edited:
Interesting thing about that race was that Harden had better volume stats than Curry because he was the sole offensive engine of the team, but Curry was more efficient and was on the superior team. Ultimately the voters favored the better team and the efficient stats over the higher usage player with more volume stats carrying a worse team. Harden is now the Curry, with great and efficient stats surrounded by good talent (not close to the Warriors, but better than the Thunder) and WB has the higher volume of stats but on far worse efficiency and is carrying a team of offensively poor players. If Harden loses to WB this year he will basically lose as both archetypes of MVP candidacy, proving just how important the emotions of the voters and the narratives of the season are in the MVP race. Curry-mania was in full swing in 14/15 and Harden was far more controversial, and now WB triple double mania is in full swing.

I agree with everything you guys said. Reps.

The only thing Harden can do to possibly ease the pain of losing it twice in both archetypes is bring a chip and get that finals MVP and quiet the haters.

It's not even set in stone yet lol. 

It's Harden time to win it, otherwise the NBA is on some nonsense.

920x920.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - With forward Trevor Ariza given the night off, rookie Troy Williams got his third start in four games with the Rockets as Mike D'Antoni continued to evaluate whether Williams could fit in his postseason rotation.

"That's one thing we want to keep looking at and make sure he will be comfortable going into a playoff game," D'Antoni said. "I think he will be. Also, we want to be a little careful about disrupting rotations, but we need to know I can count on him five, 10, 15 minutes, whatever. It's always nice to have one more live body you can go to."

Williams did not match his spectacular debut in Phoenix, but he seemed more at ease, making 5 of 9 shots to score 12 points while grabbing nine rebounds in 36 minutes.

"If he makes the league, that's what he has to do," D'Antoni said of Williams mixing his high-energy style with enough poise offensively. "That's his future. He has to understand on defense you're all geeked up and on offense, calm down a little bit. He's 22-years-old. We can coach him into that. It's better to coach him down. I've never had good luck trying to coach guys up (to have energy.) Either you have it or you don't and he has it." - Chron

Last edited:
An overlooked note from last game

Turnovers
HOU - 18
SAC - 5

That can NOT happen in the playoffs

An overlooked note from last game

Turnovers
HOU - 18
SAC - 5

That can NOT happen in the playoffs

18 TO's is bad but only forcing 5 in game where both teams had 103 possessions is borderline unacceptable.

That's speaks to a lack of defense or hustle you most definitely can't have that in the playoffs

Houston Rockets guard Lou Williams will be rested versus the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.

WHAT IT MEANS:

The Rockets are securely locked into the three seed in the West and are going to be resting players over the last few days to get ready for the playoffs. Eric Gordan, who was rested on Sunday, will take on extra minutes Monday.

Williams has averaged 15.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1.9 three-pointers in 21 games for the Rockets.

Source: Rotoworld.com

Back
Top Bottom