Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

I cheered when Schaub almost threw that pick at the end. I just want this season to be over with and for there to be changes.

Kubiak is such a ***** for putting Schaub out there, at least give Case the rest of season. How can you properly evaluate him if you're pulling for a dude who we know is buns. Kubiak really wants Schaub to succeed so bad, dude just can't get over the fact that his guy isn't THE guy. **** this coaching staff , management, and conservative ownership.

Just had to reiterate how disgusted I was with how Schaub went in there, and Kubiak for making that call. He only further cemented both of the won't be here next year. Good riddance to both these losers.

Keenum can get benched for practically no reason, and yet Schaub can hang in there for 5 straight games throwing pick 6s every game. It's disgusting how much Kub and Schaub are tied together.

Last edited:
"I've always said this is where I wanted to be, so I don't really have anything to say about that," Johnson said. "I still have an ongoing contract."

:\

Schaub probably had the same info on Kub as Alan Ball had on Wade

Pretty sure Watt, Andre, Foster, and Cushing will be the only main vets on this team next year. That's why I don't see Andre gone. I'm still pissed though, Andre (and other vets) basically advocated for Keenum, and this good Kub threw Schaub backbone there smh

Ahh yea, Duane too. Was just naming off the top of my head.

Also, it's really a shame that even the home radio station is only playing a third of that Dre excerpt. It's amazing the lengths the media goes to for an easy story

How did DJ play?

I know he was starting to come on the last few weeks.

I hope Rick Smith has Kubes papers ready :smh:

Swearinger had a hot streak of reaalllllly good games....until it crashed down with a Rashad Jennings hit stick on him for an 80 yard wildcat play. That pretty much exposed how slow our defense is. Jennings isn't even that fast, yet didn't even use any moves once he hit Swearinger. I did find it funny that JJoe came from like 70 yards away and nearly caught Jennings and passing up Keo and Swearinger.

Last edited:
I seriously dont know whats going on with the Texans. Definitely not the same team as last year.

This trolling is something else.

We all know Kub is gone, but since it seems like him and Rick Smith are attached at the hip, what are the chances he gets fired as well?? Many coaches get fired without the GMs being replaced, but Kub is the one who got Smith his position, so they're like a package deal.

Kub replacing Keenum for Schaub was a head scratcher. It wasnt like Keenum was having a bad game. Couple of weeks ago he said the offense needed a spark and Keenum is now the starter. Then this past Sunday u wanna replace that spark? Keenum's passing game is so much better than Schaub's. I cringe when Schaub throws the ball.

Feel the same. It's good to know Kub was looking out for the next coaching staff like that. He's always been very gracious.

RTC: Hopkins says he messed up 'one play'

Despite the Texans' record, almost completely flipped from this time last year, two players have remained consistent in their production: defensive end J.J. Watt and receiver Andre Johnson. Neither intends to pack it in, writes Dale Robertson of the Houston Chronicle.

DeAndre Hopkins wasn't happy to be benched even briefly against the Raiders. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Hopkins made mistakes. Hopkins said on Thursday that it was "one play" that got him benched, writes Dave Zangaro of CSNHouston.com.

Kristie Rieken of the Associated Press writes about Wade Phillips' response to Ed Reed's accusations. She includes this quote from Texans defensive end Antonio Smith: "I like the scheme."

In this story from a couple of days ago, Drew Dougherty of HoustonTexans.com notes that Case Keenum is working to avoid looking to his legs for help so quickly. Some of his best plays have come when he does that, but Keenum doesn't always need to, and that's something he's learning.

I hate when Kubiak pulls that hypocritical mess, and he left Schaub in mistake after mistake and only made a move when he was forced to because of injury.

I heard Kyle Shanahan's name mentioned as a possible next head coach. He had Schaub balling in 09, but I could deal without a retread, especially a retread still in the Houston/Washington/Denver pipeline. I'm sick of that **** already.

Kareem Jackson out this Sunday

HOUSTON -- Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson missed last week's game against the Oakland Raiders after being deemed questionable on the injury report.

Jackson
This week Texans coach Gary Kubiak just cut to the chase. Jackson is out and Brice McCain will start in his place.

Jackson shared a little more about his injury with us Friday. He has a fracture to his first rib, the one that's right behind his collarbone. It limited his range of motion in his right shoulder for a while, but he said he's recovering that.

Given how painful a lot of daily tasks are with the injury, tackling would be nearly impossible, especially since the fracture is right about at the point of impact.

Kubiak also declared two other defensive backs out for Sunday's game: cornerback Elbert Mack and safety Jawanza Starling are also out.

Siiigh, another game, another starting job for McCain :smh: This shows how valuable Kareem is, as he hasn't been repeatedly beaten for TDs in the same game since his rookie season

100% fact we're not only the worst team in the nfl, but the most disappointing due to expectations. No one expected anything of the Raiders nor the Jags, so them losing is business as usual. This is a team that was supposed to be a contender, and then everything went to hell. We may even be worse than ATL.

Who's playing for ATL these days? At least they're still competing.

Of course they're better than us, we really don't have any excuses. The team has laid all the way down.

Today was only the second home game in franchise history I've ever not attended. I just flat out didn't want to go. Sitting through the raiders game was seriously just painful and boring, didn't want to put myself through that again.

Let's see, L from the Broncos and Pats is automatic. Never won in Indy, another L. Road games against the Jags that just beat us and the Titans. Sounds like 2-14 to me.

Back
Top Bottom