How a single mother survives on $7.50/hr

I can't believe none of the NT Detectives bothered to check up on her social media...but it definately confirms a few sentiments from this thread.

If you check out her pictures, she has microbraids (a hairstyle that costs atleast $100 in the black community), and a tattoo on her wrist.

they have so many programs that help single mothers not to mentions all the dudes who ready to save them and be step daddy for women who offer nothing but warm p.

i see my *** sister who is a single mother always complaining shes broke and shes busted af
. has three different dudes who give her $$$

Safiyyah Cotton

Soooo anybody wanna let me borrow 200$ don't all speak at once.!! It's for a good reason lol

^^She posted this a few months ago, and some simp actually came thru and gave her the money :smh:
Also what was she doing after high school till she was 21?

Her kid is 1? She got pregnant at 22.

There's a 2/3 year gap....
Safiyyah Cotton

I need something to do today... I hate laying in bed all day everyday
August 7, 2012 at 12:33pm · Public

Safiyyah Cotton

What is it there to do when it nuffin else there to do?? Smh
February 9, 2012 at 5:22pm · Public

:smh:

I'm not sure if it's like this in the rest of the country, but here in the midwest every county has atleast 5 Food Banks/Pantries that provide you with atleast 10-15 pounds of food. Most people eat food from the pantries, sell their food stamps, so essentially EBT is subsidizing their weed/alcohol/prescription drug habit. Since this girl listens to rap music and has tattoos, I am almost certain she does one of the three.

Not to mention she works at McDonalds, I've never worked at a restaurant but people tell me they let you take home all kind of stuff from the kitchen (orders that get messed up etc).

Most people eat food from the pantries, sell their food stamps, so essentially EBT is subsidizing their weed/alcohol/prescription drug habit. Since this girl listens to rap music and has tattoos, I am almost certain she does one of the three.

:lol: :lol:

I can't believe none of the NT Detectives bothered to check up on her social media...but it definately confirms a few sentiments from this thread.

If you check out her pictures, she has microbraids (a hairstyle that costs atleast $100 in the black community), and a tattoo on her wrist.

Safiyyah Cotton

Soooo anybody wanna let me borrow 200$ don't all speak at once.!! It's for a good reason lol

^^She posted this a few months ago, and some simp actually came thru and gave her the money
mean.gif

Safiyyah Cotton

I need something to do today... I hate laying in bed all day everyday
August 7, 2012 at 12:33pm · Public

Safiyyah Cotton

What is it there to do when it nuffin else there to do?? Smh
February 9, 2012 at 5:22pm · Public

mean.gif

I'm not sure if it's like this in the rest of the country, but here in the midwest every county has atleast 5 Food Banks/Pantries that provide you with atleast 10-15 pounds of food. Most people eat food from the pantries, sell their food stamps, so essentially EBT is subsidizing their weed/alcohol/prescription drug habit. Since this girl listens to rap music and has tattoos, I am almost certain she does one of the three.

Not to mention she works at McDonalds, I've never worked at a restaurant but people tell me they let you take home all kind of stuff from the kitchen (orders that get messed up etc).
we all knew this. i knew this. 

its just these weak *** white knights wanna come in here and act like she is struggling...eff outta here. 20 hours a week this ***** gets no sympathy from me at all. 

man what :lol: :smh:

Cost $100 in the "black community" .. if you know anything about the "black community" you know every mom, aunt, cousin, and sister know how to braid someone hair. Dude using some damn braids to justify his statements, the reachhhhh :lol:

Let's see if you have a cell phone, groom yourself, and have a tattoo on your wrist you can't complain about making less than livable wages :smokin better look homeless for some compassion

Bro this your sister or something? :rofl:

Hit her up and tell her you'll watch her kid while she goes to school to better her life if you care so much...that will def help her more than all this white knight'in you doing here...lol

You guys defending the minimum wage are fighting tooth and nail for the workers but aren't thinking about the business owners. Not every business owner can afford to pay some of these wages you guys are thinking of. Seeing an owner go out of business is more sad than a worker making minimum wage. Like I said, with the wages you guys want, the worker will still get screwed whether it's laid off or boss went out of business.
But the worker gets screwed with the current wages. How much longer do people need to get shafted so that businesses can survive? 

this. come to houston you see all the people from south of the border who are out here grinding and flourishing.
meanwhile this lazy broad is working 20 hours a week.

What if she is trying to get a second job but just not getting hired. Is she still lazy?

Idk.  Speaking from someone that grew up poor and in the hood,probably worse off than her,  i dont have much sympathy for her.

Her childcare is being taken care of, so why is she only working 20 hrs a week?

Get a second job at another fast food joint, gas station, something.  Dont tell me thats impossible.  Spots like this are ALWAYS hiring.  I know because I've worked plenty minimum wage jobs.  I have friends that jump from spot to spot all the time.  Get a side hustle.  SOMETHING.  She works 20 hrs a week, and her child has daycare, WHAT IS SHE DOING WITH THE REST OF THAT TIME?

There's 168 hours in a week.  She is working 20 of them....

100$ a month cell phone bill FOR WHAT?  You can go to Walmart right now and cop a Straight-Talk joint for $45 a month.  Yall saying that extra 50 wont help much, but its better than nothing.  $50 might be nothing to us but thats a fortune to someone thats broke.  If she's complaining about not getting enough hours, Thats 7 more hours worth for her right there.

People complain about her not being able to afford school, she better get a student loan lol.  **** the debt.  Its better to be making 30k+ with debt than making 12k without it.  In her situation, theres so many grants + loans out there.  She'd definitely be in school for free at a community college.  She could go to a cc/tech school and get training/pick up a trade.  Those extra 20hrs she is sitting on her *** is plenty time to study and take classes.

My point is, she isn't doing all she could do.  Her options aren't exhausted.  I know people in her EXACT situation.  I'm not going to shun her for having a child young, or being a single mother, because it happens *shrug*.   But I know single mothers right now from crazy environments that work 2+ jobs/going to school and are making it work so that their child wont have that same issue.   Instead of grinding her way out of her situation, she is trying to beg her way out.

I do agree that she would do better with some guidance, but still.  She is not grinding at all.  The most she talked about work was complaining about not getting enough hours.  She needs to be babysitting, cutting grass, looking for another job, cleaning houses, whatever she needs to do to eat.

I understand the point of the video, but I don't think she is the right example to drive the point.   Im not expecting her to be living luxury, but she isn't doing all she can with her situation.

Life ain't fair.  Its not going to be any time soon either.  Everybody isn't going to be dealt the same hand.  The more time you spend complaining about it, the less time you are putting toward trying to make it a little better for yourself.  Make the best of what situation you have, THEN I will be willing to show sympathy.  If people are waiting for an minimum wage increase to save them, its gonna be a long wait...

Last edited:
white knights for thinking people should at minimum make livable wages

:lol: hilarious

Word. What's also interesting, people are fighting harder for corporations than the employees. Multi billion $ corporations getting away with paying their workers BS wages. The CEO can be paid millions of dollars per year, but the employees can't make livable wages?

laugh.gif
hilarious
Word. What's also interesting, people are fighting harder for corporations than the employees. Multi billion $ corporations getting away with paying their workers BS wages. The CEO can be paid millions of dollars per year, but the employees can't make livable wages?
you dont get to complain about not making a livable wage when you dont even work full time

at minimum wage she would literally make twice as much if she worked 40 hours a week 

:lol: hilarious

Plenty of opportunities, people just not willing to hustle, they want the jobs they want....miss me with all that "I been looking for a job for 30 years talk"

Respect to her if she is, but is that even mentioned in OP?

That wasn't mentioned, but that also doesn't mean she hasn't been looking. Also, a lot of people are missing the part in the article that says, "her schedule often changes." That can also be an issue with her finding another part time/second job.

She should be making at least 800$ every two weeks, with Gov assistance, I seen people live well off that or less.

What city have you seen anyone live "well" off of $800 or less every two weeks? Also, she getting just over $200 per month in food stamps. That's not ****. If she was working full time and making $600 every two weeks, i'm sure her food stamps will go down as well.

Last edited:
listen to this

work 40 hours a week, AND still qualify for government assistance

nothing wrong there :lol:

you dont get to complain about not making a livable wage when you dont even work full time

at minimum wage she would literally make twice as much if she worked 40 hours a week 

still can't pay rent either way

still poor either way

still asking for help either way

:rolleyes

Last edited:
listen to this

work 40 hours a week, AND still qualify for government assistance

nothing wrong there
laugh.gif

still poor either way

eyes.gif
So??? Exhaust your options, THEN ask for help.  She's not even doing the norm, not to mention going above and beyond.  Yes it may be possible for her to get paid more, but why sit around waiting on it?   Who knows how much better her situation would be if she picked up another job at say...7-11.   She probably wont be in a Mansion and whippin a Benz, but atleast thats more food on her and her child's plate.   Asking for help is whatever, but you atleast gotta do what you gotta do in the meantime.  If she is waiting on McDonalds to make her situation better, she's in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

still poor either way

eyes.gif
you're right

she should stop looking for a second job, its not going to help at all

you're right

she should stop looking for a second job, its not going to help at all

You're missing the point. It's not about the job, it's about the wage. She can have 3 part time jobs.At $7.50 an hour, she'll still be poor and on government assistance.

You're missing the point. It's not about the job, it's about the wage. She can have 3 part time jobs.At $7.50 an hour, she'll still be poor and on government assistance.

That's life fam, my mother made it happen working in a penny saver packing factory, single while raising me, yup it was tough, yup i spent lots of late days in after school....yup we had some assistance, way less than what the government does for people nowadays, but at least we had medical insurance and food stamps....maybe people that come here from another land where there is 0 assistance from the government don't take these things for granted and actually grind their **** off...they don't waste time whining about the bad hand they were dealt....not many nations have the success rate the U.S. Does when it comes to climbing the social classes....the opportunities ARE there, if you can't find them, you are not trying hard enough, IDC what anyone says.

I remember 1 winter, we had like 17 inches of snow, everything was closed in the morning, I was even given the day off and I work in urgent care, I live right behind a McDonalds, we noticed it was opened, walked over and they had that thing running serving breakfast like it was nothing, all obvious immigrants, I asked one of the girls if she was nuts and she told me "there is money to be made, I have a family to feed"

Yeah we can criticize the corporation for their terrible practice, but at the end of the day, THEY DONT OWE ANYONE a job and by law they are paying the minimum wage, dictated by our government....and I'm sorry but majortity of Americans ain't about that grind life, even if this chick had the opportunity to work 2 jobs, SHE WONT, but Ya continue white knighting.

Back
Top Bottom