how bad did the rose bowl screw up?

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Originally Posted by aepps20

From what I've heard from my boys that went to SEC schools is that their fans would travel to another country if it meant seeing their team in a big game.

sec fans would travel to afghanistan in a row boat even to watch their team play western baghdad university.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

From what I've heard from my boys that went to SEC schools is that their fans would travel to another country if it meant seeing their team in a big game.

sec fans would travel to afghanistan in a row boat even to watch their team play western baghdad university.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He's right though lol. Vandy heads were talking about going to the Independence Bowl if they became eligible like it was a trip to Vegas.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Unless Oklahoma shows me something big tonight I think Georgia and USC are the 2 best teams in the nation...
Even as a Buckeye Fan I would have to agree with that.. SC had a rash of injuries and the Bulldogs have been the hottest SEC team since lateOct......

No best team in the nation gets rolled by 3 Td's at any point in the season.

Lsu & Oklahoma = my top 2

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

And thats why no bowl eligible SEC team will get passed over if the BCS takes 2 teams

That's not the only reason. AT ALL. Big name schools will never get passed over. That's it. Doesn't matter what conference.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He's right though lol. Vandy heads were talking about going to the Independence Bowl if they became eligible like it was a trip to Vegas.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wiz a team like Northwestern from the big 10 will get passed over at .500 where as if Miss State had a .500 record they would be in a decent bowl. Why causeNorthwestern wont travel.

if would of been a good game if illinois dint turn the ball over that many time all that turn over would lead to a touchdown but yea

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Wiz a team like Northwestern from the big 10 will get passed over at .500 where as if Miss State had a .500 record they would be in a decent bowl. Why cause Northwestern wont travel.

No they won't because that will never happen because of bowl contracts, and Northwestern will get passed over because it is a smaller school than MissState. Compare Miss State and Illinois, and Illinois is going to get over Miss State.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Cuz in a big game format that just wont happen. The Vince Young game was a fluke and we played terrible that day and gave it away.

eyes.gif
you have to win in the small games first to get to the big games

Understandable, and I disagree that the Vince Young game was a fluke (he was simply the best football player in the country that day and there was no wayhe was going to let Texas lose that game) but when you look at the board this year, Besides Ohio State Kansas and Hawaii, EVERY BCS team has at least 2 losses,one of which is an "embarassing" loss that shouldn't have happened.
You can't be a college football fan and tell me that there's ateam in the country right now better than USC. No one not named Vince Young is beating Pete Carroll in January. He's smashed 5 out of the last 6 teams hefaced in a bowl, and even the loss was a last ditch effort and only by 3. Now I agree that they don't deserve to be in the NC this year, they lost thegame they were meant to win (Stanford) and they deserve to be punished for that, but if the BCS is going to continue this facade of "scheduling the bestpossible matchups" then they need to seriously rethink the way they go about it.

ita all about tradition...the rose bowl always been pac 10/big ten...but wasup with the big east they dont have a contract with any bowls

rose - pac 10 and big ten
sugar - sec
orange - acc and big east
fiesta - big 12

^Technically, the Big East is tied to the Orange Bowl... I don't know if that's changed or I was just mistaken and used to seeing Miami play there allthose years...

louisville did play wake there one yr too bu WVU is playin the fiesta bowl then again if they played the orange bowl..that would mean OU had to play KU whichis not within the rules

Back
Top Bottom