How come Paul Pierce gets no respect?

So I assume that all of you guys who hate Paul Pierce because of his "injury" also hate soccer?

Big J 33 wrote:

that and..
http://lakers.topbuzz.com...tries+to+draw+a+foul.jpg src="http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d...ends+Paul+Pierce+who+tries+to+draw+a+foul.jpg">

is why I could never "like" the guy.

He's clutch, a great shooter, etc. and I won't insult his talent or say he's a bum, however he utilizes flopping, crying, and makes the slightest bump seem like he is getting tazed.� He can play for sure, but he doesn't play the right way to me.� And it goes beyond the superstar calls or soft league we play in, Pierce abuses that.

Pretty much covered it...I can't respect the way that he plays the game now.

Getting stabbed up by Benzino and them didn't help his "coolness" factoreither

The flopping...

But people forget what a clutch player he is & how great of a SG he is... Guranteed HOF'er.

Either they forget or they look past it... Or it gets overshadowed, depends on how you look at it.

laugh.gif
The wheelchair vid would've been funnier if they caught him getting up like right before the door closed. I've caught a cramp or a mean charlie horse in my calf or thigh making me unable to move for 3+ minutes while playing ball. That could've been the case with Paul.

His flopping is hilarious. Yawn next to him and you'd catch a flagrant foul.

He gets no respect to me cuz he aint as exciting/entertaining as the other must see stars in the league. Looking lazy aint gonna get you recognition.

never given up on his team?...how about that year before KG got there...?
that whole team gave up that season

I will say he is a great player and have the utmost respect for his ability to play basketball but as a dude...nah I don't like him

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

hes tougher than kobe

and has never given up on his team like kobe has all those times.

Dude decided to take the last half of  the season off due to a "stress reaction" of his foot the year b4 they got Garnett and Ray Allen 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by baik

never given up on his team?...how about that year before KG got there...?
that whole team gave up that season

I will say he is a great player and have the utmost respect for his ability to play basketball but as a dude...nah I don't like him

i wouldnt say he gave up, dude was injured that yr and he rarely missed gms. he carried those terrible celtics teams to the playoffs. been a fan of his since ku days. he may not look flashy, but can't deny he can ball

hes tougher than kobe

Yeah ok
laugh.gif

People are quick to forget that that same summer when the Cs got KG & Ray Allen that he was saying he was going to demand a trade if the C's didn't make any improvements to the team.

Tougher than Kobe? Hell nah.

Lets see Kobe in the past 2 years has played through 2  separate finger injuries. A bad knee, sprained ankle, had his knee drained recently, a shoulder injury and yet is still the best player on the planet right now.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
The wheelchair vid would've been funnier if they caught him getting up like right before the door closed. I've caught a cramp or a mean charlie horse in my calf or thigh making me unable to move for 3+ minutes while playing ball. That could've been the case with Paul.

His flopping is hilarious. Yawn next to him and you'd catch a flagrant foul.

He gets no respect to me cuz he aint as exciting/entertaining as the other must see stars in the league. Looking lazy aint gonna get you recognition.
Exactly. Im no where near a Pierce fan. Im just not, probably for this reason and plus that fact that hes a little !%%%+ on the court. I hate the Celtics in general as well so thats a double wammy for him to me.

He's a good player, but you can't respect someone who's flopping and flailing like a Wal-Mart goldfish outta water. The reason you can respect someone like Reggie Miller, is because he was frail his whole career. Plus Pierce has underarm hair on the side of his face.

The flopping/acting is a relatively new (Big Three 'era') thing. I've watched Pierce as a Celtics fan since he came in the league. He's always made that face, but he never put on Oscar winning performances til the 08 Finals.

People are quick to forget that that same summer when the Cs got KG & Ray Allen that he was saying he was going to demand a trade if the C's didn't make any improvements to the team.

People also forget he set the franchise record for 30+ point games in a row either that year or the year before. He's ALWAYS brought it to the table even when the C's won like 25 games or whatever it was.

I dont think he ever really went to Ainge and demanded a trade, I think it was more of 'look for Pierce to demand for a trade' cause up until we landed Ray, NO ONE wanted to play here (KG at first, Marion, JO7 all killed trades to come here, a few others too.) Cant blame him for not being happy with the scrubs around him. At one point the starting line up was like Pierce, Ricky Davis, Tony Battie, JR Bremer and some other loveable yet suckish player.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The flopping/acting is a relatively new (Big Three 'era') thing. I've watched Pierce as a Celtics fan since he came in the league. He's always made that face, but he never put on Oscar winning performances til the 08 Finals.

People also forget he set the franchise record for 30+ point games in a row either that year or the year before. He's ALWAYS brought it to the table even when the C's won like 25 games or whatever it was.

I dont think he ever really went to Ainge and demanded a trade, I think it was more of 'look for Pierce to demand for a trade' cause up until we landed Ray, NO ONE wanted to play here (KG at first, Marion, JO7 all killed trades to come here, a few others too.) Cant blame him for not being happy with the scrubs around him. At one point the starting line up was like Pierce, Ricky Davis, Tony Battie, JR Bremer and some other loveable yet suckish player.
laugh.gif

Wasn't that the same season he decided to sit out the last 2 months of the season because of a injury. All I remember was the C's were hoping they would win the lottery that year so they could draft Greg Oden.

Good thing that didn't happen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

You ever seen somebody rockin some Paul Pierce's?
from what i understand his signature line (Air P2) is a Big Kids release only

other than that, the PEs he wears have been just like any other in the NBA (hyperfly, sharkley, etc.)

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

hes tougher than kobe

Yeah ok
laugh.gif

Lets see Kobe in the past 2 years has played through 2  separate finger injuries. A bad knee, sprained ankle, had his knee drained recently, a shoulder injury and yet is still the best player on the planet right now.

kobe has demanded to be traded more than once,so all you laker stans need to chill

and kobe's ALWAYS had better talent around him than pierce

go ahead bring up smush and kwame and i'll bring up like 100+ bums that pierce has played with

cant wait til he hoists another trophy on yall

and as far as toughness goes,

the hits that he took in that orlando series alone woulda had kobe yellin his signature "AYYYEEE!!!!"  every trip down the floor.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

hes tougher than kobe

Yeah ok
laugh.gif

kobe has demanded to be traded more than once,so all you laker stans need to chill

and kobe's ALWAYS had better talent around him than pierce

go ahead bring up smush and kwame and i'll bring up like 100+ bums that pierce has played with

cant wait til he hoists another trophy on yall

and as far as toughness goes,

the hits that he took in that orlando series alone woulda had kobe yellin his signature "AYYYEEE!!!!"  every trip down the floor.
kobe > pierce. any basketball fan can see this... now sir, please

gtfo1.gif

--I respect his game. His skill as a bball player.
--I just think its funny that his facial expressions looks like he gets shot (literally) on every other play.

--I just dont respect my homies that have liked him as their favorite player all of a sudden being "die hard Celtic fans". Same with my dudes who had KG as their favorite player during his years in Minnesota.

It's his free throws too. Why does it look so uncoordinated when he's a normal shooter?

Originally Posted by mikoxiii

image1rf.jpg

laugh.gif

aside from his "acting"
every other aspect of his game is appreciated.

his acting ruins everything that should earn him decent respect
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom