How comfortable is the Jordan "New Love"? Sizing?

It's my favourite shoe of all time, simply from the way it looks, I absolutely love it. How comfortable is the shoe though? I just bought some Lebron 9s for casual wear and it's a comfy shoe, but I feel there is no breathability at all, feet are always sweaty in them.

I've also heard that the shoes crease real easy. I think my true shoe size is 10.5 as well, how do the New Loves fit on the feet? If the new loves do fit true-to-size, should I order some shoe trees and go up half a size, or would that compromise comfort?

You're talking about the 1's? Favorite of all time huh? Don't expect anything great, that's for sure. They fit true to size but the comfort and quality of materials leave a lot to be desired. The toe box leather is especially poor.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

You're talking about the 1's? Favorite of all time huh? Don't expect anything great, that's for sure. They fit true to size but the comfort and quality of materials leave a lot to be desired. The toe box leather is especially poor.
Yeah I'm talking about the 1s. Something about that black/yellow colourway catches my eye. I hope someone else can weigh in on the comfort and quality thing. I've seen videos of the shoe where people mention the shoe being padded real well. By the toe box leather being poor you mean the quality is sub-par and it wears out quickly?

They fit true to size. A lot of padding in these, more than any other 1 I own. My biggest issue is the cut....almost like mid top air jordan 1's, but the "old love" and "new love" both fit true to size wit a ton of extra padding inside. Very comfortable IMO

Originally Posted by DWalk31

They fit true to size. A lot of padding in these, more than any other 1 I own. My biggest issue is the cut....almost like mid top air jordan 1's, but the "old love" and "new love" both fit true to size wit a ton of extra padding inside. Very comfortable IMO

awesome, thanks for your opinion. do you think it's a good idea to go up half a size and put some shoe trees in them? Or just order them regularly? I just want to keep them in good shape.

I also own a pair. The most comfortable of the ones... Also do not like the cut , but those and Gucci ones are pretty high on the totem pole. As far as my fav kicks! SHOW LIVE TO THE ONES!!!!!

Zero cushion is all I have to say. I sold mine for $65 a while back. Oh and also, extremely narrow toe box. If you have wide feet I would not recommend

The shoes fit true to size. However I would have to say definitely not one of the best fitting comfortable shoes I own. Creases really bad as well.

I mean yeah it's got thick ankle padding but that doesn't make it comfortable. The cushioning is awful and the shoe itself has a stiff feel in my opinion. As far as the quality, the toe box leather (if you can call it that) creases terribly, not even a natural bend.

I mean yeah it's got thick ankle padding but that doesn't make it comfortable. The cushioning is awful and the shoe itself has a stiff feel in my opinion. As far as the quality, the toe box leather (if you can call it that) creases terribly, not even a natural bend.

alright, gotcha. How would you compare the comfort to a regular pair of Air Forces?

Originally Posted by omegagamer2

alright, gotcha. How would you compare the comfort to a regular pair of Air Forces?

From a cushioning perspective the AJ1 NL is not as comfortable as a pair of GR (General Release) AF1. However the upper and padding of the AJ1 NL is alot better than the garbage rat leather they put on ALL GR AF1s.

As the Weatherman stated, the toebox leather is a poor synthetic and will crease like no other. If you wear these once in a blue moon they'll look decent, but regular wears will beat them up.

How much you pay for an AJ1 is really important. If you can score a pair for $60 or under then you're doing OK. No one should be paying full retail for today's low quality, whored out AJ1 retro.

Originally Posted by vood99

From a cushioning perspective the AJ1 NL is not as comfortable as a pair of GR (General Release) AF1. However the upper and padding of the AJ1 NL is alot better than the garbage rat leather they put on ALL GR AF1s.

As the Weatherman stated, the toebox leather is a poor synthetic and will crease like no other. If you wear these once in a blue moon they'll look decent, but regular wears will beat them up.

How much you pay for an AJ1 is really important. If you can score a pair for $60 or under then you're doing OK. No one should be paying full retail for today's low quality, whored out AJ1 retro.
alright, thanks bro for the responses. I think to counteract the creasing I'm going to go a half size up and buy some shoe-trees. $60
laugh.gif
? Man I wish I could get some 1s for only $60, everywhere I like, the Jordan 1 New Loves seem to go for $200+.

^^^
Not sure where you're seeing NLs go for $200. The Black Toes on their own *might* fetch $200 (with shipping). But NLs are not in demand at all - try to find a VNDS pair.

^^^
Not sure where you're seeing NLs go for $200. The Black Toes on their own *might* fetch $200 (with shipping). But NLs are not in demand at all - try to find a VNDS pair.

Mainly on FlightclubNY, and jbkickz. It's all $275+

^^^

Mainly on FlightclubNY, and jbkickz. It's all $275+
Check eBay and your local Craigslist or Kijiji.

Back
Top Bottom