how did you guys get over your first car? Vol. '85 Chevy S-10 Blazer.

Ox.

formerly oxpenguin
It's hard bros. can't imagine my life without it. so many stories, so reliable, low maintenance, took me EVERYWHERE I needed/wanted to go. never had major issues until September where a piece of my carb chipped off and almost left me stranded in DTLA but the trooper my truck was managed to take me all the way home still (I got it running for a bit in May/June til it finally gave in). I got a new job and bought myself a reliable car. my brother initially said he'd take over my truck but now he's being a little ***** and doesn't want to take it 
mean.gif
  so now I'm looking into junking it instead of selling it bc I don't want anybody driving it, I wanted my brother to take it bc I was planning on taking it back once I had my own spot to live. 

short story of when I got her.

well I was 18 and was working with my brother and on a thursday I was told I was going to be going in an hour early from the following monday on, so my brother wasn't able to take me now. I get a call from another brother the next day, he tells me he was walking to grab chinese food and came across it sitting in front of the chinese food spot for $900. I have him meet up with the owner at my work and BOOM, instant connection bros, I fell in love. talked the guy down to $850 
nthat.gif
 reason he was selling it was bc his garden tool of his wife cheated on him and wanted a divorce and wanted the truck for the sancho, that's why it was cheap (and bc it wasn't the nicest but the dude hooked the engine and transmission up, rebuilt everything) so pretty much I bought her without even knowing how to drive, I took it out that night to put gas and almost crashed into a propane tank cage 
laugh.gif
 drove for about 4-5 months without license bc my car wasn't "equipped enough" for the driving test.

stories:

- every time I had a girl in my truck, my truck would not start or something would be off, kinda like she got jealous 
frown.gif

- not long ago I had a girl in the backseat ready to smash, it was cold that night and the girl asked me to roll up the window, I press the button and the damn window falls 
laugh.gif
 didn't say anything just told the girl I'm taking you home.

- going on trips driving through PCH or rich neighborhoods and coming to a stop and mad smoke would come out bc my friends would be in the back smoking bud.

- I took a red light in front of a cop and managed to lose him 
nthat.gif

- more but I'm getting emotional 
tired.gif

some of you may have seen her.

#NTDIARY

cliffs:

how did you get over your first automobile?

Still whipping my first car.

'94 Integra.  Still pretty and close to stock on 17s. 

She runs like a champ at 175k. Doing brakes soon, then stereo, then paint, then suspension, and lastly red recaro seats.

#Hondas4Lyfe #EFFToyota

Last edited:
OP you need to check out this movie. Cars shouldn't be hating on your lady friends 

p.s

I still have my 1st car and have owned it for 15 years. A 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger that I'm never going to sell.

Last edited:
Easy, I bought a new (used) whip. I had a 97' Toyota 4Runner & got a 07' Hyundai Santa Fe. Next is a sedan. I'm sick of driving SUV & trucks.

Still driving my first car. 1999 Lexus GS300. Bought her in 2004 when I was 25 and still going strong. My daughter is a year old now, and I'm planning to drop her off at her prom in this G-ride. Never letting it go. 177k miles and some change strong....

Last edited:
I had a 99 Alero my moms used to drive and she gave it to me when I was 17...Some fat ***** busted out my windows and idk what else but it didn't start no more...my ppl put a down payment on a Grand Prix a couple months later on my bday and told me to keep up with the payments...

Inherited a 97 Chevy S-10 Blazer from my older brother when I was a Junior in High School. Had it until I was 20, and my parents sold it, because my Grandpa couldn't drive so I got his car. That was a bittersweet day.

I had a '95 Camaro and that car was a little ***** I swear to yall, if it was a person it'd be the biggest premadonna.

Let another dude take that unloyal broad off my hands. On the low too, cuz you gotta have deep pockets for her high maintenance ***

My first car was a 78 Chevy Nova. Bought her back in 91 for $200. I was 15, not even old enough for a permit but back then NYPD could care less about a minor driving. That car truly was a tank. Beat the hell out of it and she wouldn't die. An electrical issue caused her to go up in flames. Got over her by buying a 86 civic 4-door hatchback that I had been fiending over for a couple of years.

I still have my first truck. 96 toyota t100. I love that thing, even though it doesnt get as much attention anymore

I bought an 09 ram last year, so the yota just sits in the driveway. But Ive been working on it since I got, so the plan is to keep working on it. Its kinda hard to put money into though because of school.

Mine was a silver 2001 X-Terra. Not great on gas and the A/C stayed off but I did like that car. Was planning on painting it up and throwing a small lift kit on it but never happened. Pops took it oit to drive to work and ended up wrecking it on the freeway. Axel was all cracked and it was going go be more money to fix than the car was worth so we totaled it. Shame since it only had around 135k miles on it which isn't too bad for a 13 year old car.

I bought a '98 Eighty-Eight that died on me less than a week into it. Put about $400 in it for initial repairs since it had been in a garage for a year (fluids, oil, safety check, brakes/rotars, etc.) and the engine went up in fumes about 5 days later. :smh:

About a month after that my mom felt bad for me and got a '97 Ford Ranger. She bought it for $500 from a friend. Came with 192k on the dash. All things considered it was a solid truck, but: the stereo had been stolen years prior, the AC was broken (heat worked tho,) it had a slow dripping oil leak, and anyone could break into the car if they just reached through the back sliding window (the lock mechanism could be unhinged with a solid pull). As a bonus, the previous owner took the liberty of PLASTERING bumper stickers on the door of the flatbed. They were all LGBT stickers. I received many unwarranted advances. :frown:

Even with all that, though, I loved the truck. I NEVER had an issue getting it to start except when I left the lights on and the battery died. Even then, all I needed to do was give it a jump and I never had another issue. It wasn't the fastest truck, but it definitely didn't have issues with the Minnesota winter and I even hauled stuff in it without a problem. The onlynreal annoyance, aside from a lack of a radio, was a crack in the exhaust. The truck had the engine of a lawn mower but sounded like it was a '68 GTO. Just absurdly loud.

It started to die on me right after the winter. About one month into spring, the transmission started slipping and the safety of the vehicle was just something I couldn't live with. I scrapped it a week into the transmission problem, since a rebuild was going to easily exceed the worth of the truck and I was just tired of having to roll in a bucket, even if it was dependable.

Used that scrap money, started saving, and bought a Lexus GS300. Thing has been a blast thus far, the difference between it and the Ranger can't even be expressed with the words that currently exist in the English language. Could easily see myself whipping the GS for another 5 years at least already got it up to 140 :evil:

My first car had amazing sentimental value, and I loved it, but all things considered it was a piece of junk with no AC, barely working doors, and various engine problems. I literally never gave a woman a ride in that car because I would be ashamed. Amazing fuel efficiency though.

My new car, however. Laaaaawwwwd gawwwwwd

Last edited:
First car. 91 Honda civic wagon. All white. Stick shift. Decent car on gas but the garden tools ain't like it. But they still got in it lol

My first one was a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Miss that thing man. Was way more reliable than my current car (05 Buick Lacrosse) :smh:

Me and my friends would just pile into that thing and go on adventures. Good times...

Last edited:
View media item 1140773
lime green, stick shift, no hubcaps, no AC, no radio. called it the smash mobile though. used to hit my ex in the back in broad daylight :pimp: had to let it go after it broke down on me at the window of frenchy's with 6 people behind me. :x :x :x :x :x

View media item 684332
new bae :smokin

Last edited:
1st whip :smh:

96 caddy broham edition all gray with gray leather seats... under 150K , got it for free from pops

killed in a car accident, lady ran red while i was making a left turn. frame bent=dead Lac

it still hurts :lol:

Still driving my first car. 1999 Lexus GS300. Bought her in 2004 when I was 25 and still going strong. My daughter is a year old now, and I'm planning to drop her off at her prom in this G-ride. Never letting it go. 177k miles and some change strong....

I got a 99 GS400 & love it. Had it for 2 years strong and plan to hold onto it. If it wasn't for the suspension issues it would be flawless. 188k

Back
Top Bottom