How did you survive the blackout of 2003? Vol. West coast NT'ers don't get smart with us lol

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

my boy was in the middle of gettin his afro cut

laughs for days

laugh.gif
word mad dudes got hit like that...

I chilled all night outside...+%+! was fun...
The worst was the heat...I took a cold shower, didn't dry myself...and took my #$% to sleep...

Played ball in the dark lit by garbage can fires. Walked around smoking freely playing cards and drinking on people stoops. We made do. It was a fun 2 days.Everyone was outside enjoying each others company. The park turned into a free shooting range. Everyone was busting their guns in the air.

Only downside was the sweltering heat and lack of hot water and a crackhead took a crap in the building lobby.

laughs for days
yo i had just got a cut that day..i ALWAYS thought about dudes that was in tha chair wen tha electricity went out
roll.gif
roll.gif

one side dark caesar, one side light
roll.gif

It was unforgettable cuz it happened on the last day of work right after my shift was over in downtown Brooklyn. I come outside and the streets is inpandemonium
laugh.gif

Small car collision cuz the lights went out. Dude wrecked this white guy's bumper something serious. White guy was gonna scrap if it wasn't for all theblack ppl around him. Buses were not running, trains weren't. It was hot as #%#%. Dollar vans weren't stopping for anyone. IT was hot as #%#%.

I had to walk my +$% from downtown all the way down flatbush
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Thethings I saw going down. On Church they broke in to the V.I.M. I'm talkin broken glass everywhere. torn Rocawear polos, scuffed kicks in the street. @*%+*@runnin in every direction trying not to get caught by the Po Po. Mad food joints got robbed, I helped myself to some 7 Eleven. Gun shots in the air for noreason.

Worst part was when it got dark, cuz it got really !@%#@++ dark. The amount of female molestation, rapes, and other freaky @$!* that probably went down @$!*.

It's funny cuz NYC brags how we banned together for 9/11 but we went wild for those 16 hrs or so we had no power. To think if I had left work early andhopped on the 2
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I was out looting people.
There was no looting in the 2003 blackout...
indifferent.gif
Where do you live? Maybe you mean no documentedlooting.

shoot!
i remember that....

that was crazy...
eek.gif

everyone was trippin and ishh on my street.....

I was in New York that summer. I remember me and my cuzin were playin NBA live for money and i was up 10 with like 8 mins left in the game
we had the AC bumpin, 2 fans on and the lights on in the middle of the day
smh.gif
...lights and #$*% shut off, I hear my grandfather screamin "The +@@@ is wrong with you guys" cause he thought we made the lights and #$*% gooff cause we had so much electricity running...So we went outside, seen everyones lights off and the street lights werent working...Night comes and we go tothis house party, music playing from a boombox on batteries
laugh.gif
...4am hits and still nolights, we go on the streets and alot of foolishness was going on, heard alot of shots bein let off...seen a cop car get egged...next day we had a BBQ, alot ofppl came out.

man that crap had to happen on the hottest day of the year too. i remember "Damn" by Youngbloodz was hot so everyone just got in their cars and wasjust rollin around the city. police were on traffic control duty so no one got crazy since they were on every corner. All the fast food places were giving awayall their food for free, we just sat on the porch and watched the day go by.

stuck on the one line on the 207 overpass for two hours
mad.gif
i just neededtwo more stops to get home. after that i chilled in the park

Watched the %%#! go down on CNN down here in Philly. I remember thinking "oh well, this ain't got %%#! to do with me....I'm going upstairs tochill under the A/C and play video games" I probably would of had a blast if it happened down here though. I'd be robbing like a mofo.

watching you goons go crazy all day that day on MSNBC while playin madden
laugh.gif

Didn't Henz or Ninja throw a block party?

laughs for days
That's a fear of mine every time I get a haircut.

I Was on The Block Wilding In Queens LOL I Remember My Cousin Hopped Out His 745 With All His Jewelery On Hollis Ave And Everybody Was Looking At Him LikeFresh Meat He Drove 3 Blocks Over And Gave it To My Moms To Hold And He Didn't Come Back For Weeks I Was Flossing Hard LOL Bagging Shortys Typical NYC %%%+

There was a sudden famine and damn near genocide that spread across NYC and parts of NJ. And well I did what I had to to survive. It wasnt easy. I later joinedin an exodus to Philly, where I desparately scrambled for water and bread.

Maaaaaan....I remembered when everything first happened, everyone on the block thought it was Al-Queda
laugh.gif
smh.gif

We were the LAST on the grid in Queens to get power back...it sucked because on the next street over, they had power about 10 hours before my street....

Everyone was outside that night drinking everything out of their fridges...no one wanted the beer to go bad...on top of it all, bars were pratically givingaway beer...it turned out to be a fun %@@ night.

Not so much for a lot of peeps that I know who had to walk back from 34th street over to Jamaica
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom