How did you survive the blackout of 2003? Vol. West coast NT'ers don't get smart with us lol

wasnt there, but similiar situation happened when i lived in guam.had a 8.2 quake.hotels fell,poles fell and wires were snapping everywhere.out of power for 1week..no hot water...terrible ..hope i never have to go through something like that again

I drove 45 minutes to my moms house bc she lived in a little pocket of lower MI that still had power and chilled there for a couple days

That was actually one of the most fun nights I ever had.
pimp.gif

My mom brought out the candles, cooked some food, and opened some drinks. She lived in an apartment so the whole floor was partying.

I was in the park with the locs, just shooting the breeze....heard there was lots of looting going down on Flatbush ave though

As soon as I came out the barbershop, the power went out.. walked home to find out that the power was still out. I was pist bc I just got the new madden thatday and was dying to play. My cousin had it worst though. Dude was trapped in an elevator for hours by himself lol.

I remember being at Six flags in jersey when mad people started calling me asking me if I was ok.. I just told them yeah I'm in jersey so im good..Everything in the park was working fine, so we just chilled in jersey with my dude JJ til about 2am and drove back to BK then.. $#!* was looking mad deserted,hard as hell to find a gas station.. When we got back to BK it was OD hot, couldnt even fall asleep
sick.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

There was a sudden famine and damn near genocide that spread across NYC and parts of NJ. And well I did what I had to to survive. It wasnt easy. I later joined in an exodus to Philly, where I desperately scrambled for water and bread.
laugh.gif
Making it sound like a story in the Old Testament and%@@#.

Originally Posted by henz0

I remember being at Six flags in jersey when mad people started calling me asking me if I was ok.. I just told them yeah I'm in jersey so im good.. Everything in the park was working fine, so we just chilled in jersey with my dude JJ til about 2am and drove back to BK then.. $#!* was looking mad deserted, hard as hell to find a gas station.. When we got back to BK it was OD hot, couldnt even fall asleep
sick.gif

yea that night was brutal

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

it was kinda cool that the only light that night was from that big full moon in the sky
laugh.gif

And actually seeing the stars in the sky too.

I heard some people were selling bottled water for $5 each
laugh.gif

o crap summer 2003, i was in new york that week. i remember that vividly, it was too got damn hot. i remember just hanging out in front of my cousins apartmentat night smoking a blunt and thinking damn its dark.

Watching a documentary on the 2003 EBC @ Rucker and they were talking about the Blackout. Made me look this up.

Played ball in the dark lit by garbage can fires. Walked around smoking freely playing cards and drinking on people stoops. We made do. It was a fun 2 days. Everyone was outside enjoying each others company. The park turned into a free shooting range. Everyone was busting their guns in the air.

Only downside was the sweltering heat and lack of hot water and a crackhead took a crap in the building lobby.

:lol: isn't this everyday NYC stuff?

Back
Top Bottom