How do NY hip-hop heads feel about 'Kiss and Fab?

I've been a fan of both dudes (Jada since the whole late 90s Lox/Ruff Ryder/Bad Boy days) and, Fab since he really came onto the scene in 2001. Being from South Florida, I had to pretty much do my own history as opposed to just listening to their comercial joints and, I think both these guys could've heightened their status as legends if they wouldve done a few more minor things. Theyre like the same artist IMO. Ill metaphors and catchphrases, witty, edgy, etc. They can make a hard, gritty, street joint or, make a nice, up-tempo, feel-good joint. So, how do you guys grade the Yonkers native and Brooklyn native? And, they seem to get respected on ALL coasts. You know how some NY rappers usually get shunned by dudes in the midwest, south, or west but, I know mad cats in my area of Florida who mess with both dudes. Discuss.

I've been a fan of both dudes (Jada since the whole late 90s Lox/Ruff Ryder/Bad Boy days) and, Fab since he really came onto the scene in 2001. Being from South Florida, I had to pretty much do my own history as opposed to just listening to their comercial joints and, I think both these guys could've heightened their status as legends if they wouldve done a few more minor things. Theyre like the same artist IMO. Ill metaphors and catchphrases, witty, edgy, etc. They can make a hard, gritty, street joint or, make a nice, up-tempo, feel-good joint. So, how do you guys grade the Yonkers native and Brooklyn native? And, they seem to get respected on ALL coasts. You know how some NY rappers usually get shunned by dudes in the midwest, south, or west but, I know mad cats in my area of Florida who mess with both dudes. Discuss.

I like them both.

Problem with Jada is that he just needs to come out with a classic album. Same goes for Fab. I thoroughly respect both.

I like them both.

Problem with Jada is that he just needs to come out with a classic album. Same goes for Fab. I thoroughly respect both.

jada spits his hottest bars on mixtapes...when da album drops its like he blew his load...album will still be dope, but most cats rapping your verse off a tape

you dropped wit big mike da month before...

fab just a underachieving bleh......panders to da mainstream WAY too much when its album time.

jada spits his hottest bars on mixtapes...when da album drops its like he blew his load...album will still be dope, but most cats rapping your verse off a tape

you dropped wit big mike da month before...

fab just a underachieving bleh......panders to da mainstream WAY too much when its album time.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

2 UNDERachievers...

Both should be on SPEED dail if you NEED a 16...

If you NEED an album??

Lose their #s...
laugh.gif
 sad but true

styles needs the marketing that jada has.
fab needs to chill with all these soft releases that isolate his supposed intended audience.

styles needs the marketing that jada has.
fab needs to chill with all these soft releases that isolate his supposed intended audience.

I really like Fab but for some reason he just comes off as being corny sometimes. He still has lines for days though. Jada has just never put a whole album together to me. That 50 ###% about him being local seemed to be true for a long time but now with the internet hell no one is local.

I really like Fab but for some reason he just comes off as being corny sometimes. He still has lines for days though. Jada has just never put a whole album together to me. That 50 ###% about him being local seemed to be true for a long time but now with the internet hell no one is local.

jada is one of the most overhyped rappers in the history of hip hop...

he never had potential to be great... he writes nice lil slick one liners but at the end of the day dude hasnt really said %%%% in his entire career... he made why but anybody with a brain can ask questions...

he never had potential to be great... he writes nice lil slick one liners but at the end of the day dude hasnt really said %%%% in his entire career... he made why but anybody with a brain can ask questions...

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

I have a friend who's about as big of a HATER as you...

He always HATED on "Why" he's like ANYone can ask questions...

It takes a REAL MC to answer them...

he never had potential to be great... 
Maybe not great, but he had potential to be A (hell of a) LOT better than what he ended up bein...

When you listen to him on "All For The Love", that was from 97...

He had A LOT of promise soley based on the DOPEness of that record...

I just think he just wasn't personable, and that ended up hurting him...

But TALENTwise, I don't know if there 5 cats that could outshine him if it just came to spittin a verse...

But ALL his verses sound the SAME... He just talks about a bunch of $$$% NY !@%@!! know and understand, then he uses a line about how "I'm In the hood like..."

Back
Top Bottom