How do NY hip-hop heads feel about 'Kiss and Fab?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I guess we have different ideas of what an AMAZING verse is...

I think you guys are confusing what's entertaining with what's an actual display of superior talent...

Difference between being a fan of someone and objectively judging their level of greatness...

Anytime I see Ghostface in someones top 10 I just laugh...

I've been a fan of his material as long as ANYone else, but lets be real...

10 times of of 10 its a HUGE Ghost fan that's gonna rate him high... That's no coincidence...
Ghost is so versatile (and not to mention consistent), he will go in on a fast paced beat like Chessboxing but can drop a classic with All In The World I Got Is You, and neither times does he sacrifice lyrical content.
and this track is a prime example of Ghost's flow AND lyrics at top notch status:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS8OXo9Oif4and I aint even getting into his story telling abilities yet like Shakey Dog and Malcolm
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I'm not taking away what he's done but he's not some wizard if lyrical ability...

I'm more than familiar with Ghost's catalog...

He's NOT top 25...

That's not a diss...

Its just the facts...

He's prolly one of my 10-15 favorites, but by NO stretch is he one of the 25 greatest MCs...

I'm not taking away what he's done but he's not some wizard if lyrical ability...

I'm more than familiar with Ghost's catalog...

He's NOT top 25...

That's not a diss...

Its just the facts...

He's prolly one of my 10-15 favorites, but by NO stretch is he one of the 25 greatest MCs...

The amount of love Joe Budden gets on here is serious, OUTSIDE of NT/internet hes just another run of da mill rapper.

Only on here is he regarded as a top tier MC.

The amount of love Joe Budden gets on here is serious, OUTSIDE of NT/internet hes just another run of da mill rapper.

Harlem if u subscribe 2 da fact that wutang is da greatest

Group of all time then as being da most consistent member

You have to put him as top 25. And cosign mj saver

Harlem if u subscribe 2 da fact that wutang is da greatest

Group of all time then as being da most consistent member

You have to put him as top 25. And cosign mj saver

Jada just speaks my type language real good to represent for the have nots,the ones who made mistakes in the street life and who are trying to overcome the situation that was handed to them

Funny, coulda swore the one thing my dude spits about the majority of the time was flippin drugs, killin N's, or some other slick iish.
Its plain as all hell u certainly dont listen to Joe, kuz ur statement woulda been the other way around.
Originally Posted by MJsaver

Them dudes in the street dont have the access to the material that he has on the net, or dont care to go out and check for it.
The N started out on Clue tapes for Christ sakes. Before all this internet iish, when he was tradin bars wit Fab. If that aint street enough, Idk what is.

Im a BIG fan of both and cant put Joe over Jada simply outta respect, but its evident Kiss has lost a step, and Joey is progressing.
Joe still has that hunger that Jada lost. Kiss disappoints me wit how lazy he's gotten.

N's need to grow up and realize that most of the N's that did it in the 90's are washed up, and just open the way for new artists to lead.

Ninja will argue anything down pre '04.

Jada just speaks my type language real good to represent for the have nots,the ones who made mistakes in the street life and who are trying to overcome the situation that was handed to them

Funny, coulda swore the one thing my dude spits about the majority of the time was flippin drugs, killin N's, or some other slick iish.
Its plain as all hell u certainly dont listen to Joe, kuz ur statement woulda been the other way around.
Originally Posted by MJsaver

Them dudes in the street dont have the access to the material that he has on the net, or dont care to go out and check for it.
The N started out on Clue tapes for Christ sakes. Before all this internet iish, when he was tradin bars wit Fab. If that aint street enough, Idk what is.

Im a BIG fan of both and cant put Joe over Jada simply outta respect, but its evident Kiss has lost a step, and Joey is progressing.
Joe still has that hunger that Jada lost. Kiss disappoints me wit how lazy he's gotten.

N's need to grow up and realize that most of the N's that did it in the 90's are washed up, and just open the way for new artists to lead.

Ninja will argue anything down pre '04.

Back
Top Bottom