How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

I don't even know what the guy was trying to say. Like you can't clown wack *** Chicago rappers because people die in the streets?

he wasn't clowning their rap songs, he was clowning the actual beefs and exploiting the issues of these artist, As a young black man in America why would you knowingly throw fuel on a fire that is Chicago. your taking these beefs that people in the gang only knew about & throwing it on a platform that exposes it to thousands of people. It's sucker **** from a sucka & he's lucky those were the consequences.

49FC90F4-5D0E-49B0-BC5B-EF00315D9FA1.gif

BLACK PEOPLE USING ASIAN THINGS AS PROPS AND MARTIAL ARTS AND WEARING CHINESE STYLED CLOTHES

Last edited:
Can someone outline the differences between culture vultures, reverse racism, and cultural appropriation?

I feel it's a needed term. Promoting pride and importance of culture/individuality, instead of having society walking around like lifeless drones.

MJ biggest vulture I guess....

Nah fam, MJ's the 'King of Pop'. Note that in the video he ain't dressed up in any attire specific to the locals of the regions he dances in. Main thing is that the sound, lyrics et al are his own style.

From that era I would say that Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark and Snow were some of the more well known culture vultures.

You can be into whatever you want but the minute you start to PROFIT (as an outsider), that is when the label CV comes. So any white person into black life is not a CV, but if they get a paycheck because of it, I would give them the label.

If I go to Japan and become the biggest Japanese Wrestling Blogger in the country, I would be considered a CV. I ain't one of them but I am coming into their space and making money off of their stuff. But that doesn't mean my heart can't HONESTLY be into the product, it just means, "I AIN'T ONE OF THEM."
Hmmm, I don't agree or disagree.

I still think there are exceptions to the rule, for instance I wouldn't consider Eminem a culture vulture based on the fact that he spoke about his experience through a black medium. He def profited off of being a white man with broad appeal, but the talent was def there.

Iggy Az is a prime example of a vulture, talentless, from Australia, and profited soley off of being a white girl.

I agree with Brownstone Brownstone , if you're brought up in an environmental you portray, how is that really CV move?

A white kid grows up listening to R&B and becomes a successful R&B singer=He's legit.

A white kid grows up listening to rock but finds out R&B can make him rich, switches his sound/persona and he becomes successful in R&B=Culture Vulture.

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree but the thing is that for many ppl, the fact that that non black artist can hop in and hop out of black culture anytime they feel like it with little to no consequence and the fact that they often take the place of a black artist and get all of the recognition as well as placement/platform is the reason why ppl put artists such as em or bruno in the CV category.

Bruno gets respect from me for being honest and also for what he says in regards to black ppl and all forms of music...but yeah, he gets the push he did from his talent but also from his racial ambiguity. At least IMO.

Is he a CV tho? I have mixed feelings on that but I'm a lil salty when these awards shows come on and there is no real r and b category and artists like him, adele, etc are the choices and black artists arent nominated. They get the sales, funds, accolades and black artists get the shaft.

I believe that Eminem would be battling/making music even if he never blew up and was still a poor white dude from Detroit (or Warren or wherever)...

On the other hand, if Black culture was not profitable, Vlad or Post Malone would be making money elsewhere

This is the difference

Back
Top Bottom