How do you guys deal with anger?

identify the thought that's fueling the anger and reframe the thought to effect a more positive outcome. takes practice. 

When I'm angry I think about what I'd want to do and than why it wouldn't be a good idea, this help me take care of whatever I'm angry about later as its almost always best handled in a different time.

Breathe deeply. This works well for me. If you still feel upset then exercise. A nice 40 min workout on the Insanity dvd normally does the trick

Honestly, go to your car (if you have one), make sure all the windows are turned up, and scream louder than you ever have before.

Feelsgoodman.

Hit the free weights
When I was a teenager I used to have serious anger problems, most people used to tell me back then I would always look like I'm about to go kill someone. What really helped was first I've always planned out what I wanted to do with my life, so I always kept in the back of my mind that going to jail over some nonsense is not worth my future regardless of how much I've wanted in the past to end certain ppl. life. The second thing that helped was hitting the free weights or just working out in general, this worked until I got really sick when I was 19 and lost a lot of weight, I still haven't been able to put back on the muscle I had back then. The third thing that helped was reading books on human psychology, this was mostly a way to help reshape myself as I saw fit since I also became very insecure as a teenager, but it helped understand why most people including myself acted the way we do and from there I created strategies to get the outcome I wanted without getting angry.
But what helped the most was fear, that is being afraid of the well of darkness inside me. I was always one of the smallest in any class I was in as a youngster, yet every fight I would get in, I would find the strength to pummel all opponents that came my way regardless of size. As I got older and began to get stronger this scared the crap out of me, as my anger was only beginning to get more out of control
I remember one day as a youngin at the age of 10, being teased by this girl called Vashti .. but at the time I didn't know she was only doing so because she liked me. On this particular day I wasn't in a good mood and she hit me with a pellet and ran away. Now, at that age I was small and underweight maybe 70 -80 lbs at most but I took up this red brick the size of my head in my anger and threw it at her half way across the court yard only to miss her and hit an unsuspecting boy in the head .. While I did get punished severely by the school's principal, it was the first time I began to fear my anger.
It was always my companion, my savior when kids would attempt to fight me, jump me, to attack me, to believe they could bully me ... that was the day I became afraid of myself
So yeah as an adult I still am at war in a sense with my anger but I've found ways to channel it and control it, and hope that the day I become black out angry never arises

I started making beats for that very reason. I figured out how to convert all my anger into something that's
pimp.gif
only way I truly know how to deal with it.

Originally Posted by odog24

I just don't give a $##% and I don't really get angry but if i do i just laugh it off

thissss
if i know something is going to get me angry ill just be like aight what ever
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i get over things fast so ill forget about it the next day or few hours

Back
Top Bottom