How do you store your sneakers?

I stack 'em and put it inside my closet and no silica gels or zip locks of whatsoever.

Stacked on shelves except for foamposites and retro 11 jordans. Gotta let those breathe. Sole will turn if u keep em in a box!

all my sneakers are stored in my closet and i take out the paper that comes with the sneakers as well.

Bump...
I have my sneakers in outside storage unit. Thinking about moving them all into a climate controlled unit before temperatures start reaching 85+ daily, but manager at storage spot is telling me it's not even necessary if i put silica packs in boxes. She right?
I got some DS 94 Jordan 2s that were out of the box and cracked recently in storage. Other than that though I have nothing older than 2007 in there.

I store them just like how footlocker footaction stores them before release day. All stacked up in their boxes

In the box in my closet. If I wear the shoe that day I leave it on top of the box to breathe for 24 hours then back in the coffin it goes

Air is really not good for your sneakers. Also you can look up some shoe cases that are clear so you can see which shoe is which.

*OLD PIC* I have about 3 more rows of sneakers on top and 1 row on the bottom all in boxes with no paper. Beaters under my bed no box lol.

Last edited:
for my DS pairs:

each shoe put into a Vacuum sealed foodsaver bag, with about 10-20 small silica packets inside put the shoes back in the box and stack em in the closet.

I'd advise against this, leather needs to breath and thats WAY too many silica packets anyways. Your kicks are going to dry out.

You all need to stop looking at shoes as some kind of investment. They won't last forever.

10 years later when you go to Un-DS that pair, they're going to be stiff as hell and will crumble after the first wear.

Wear your shoes now and enjoy them before its too late because Jordan Brand will eventually retro them again anyways.

I mean, look at all of the people who kept their Grape V's from 06 DS...Just sat in the box for 7 years....such a shame...whats the point really??

Last edited:
In the box in my closet. If I wear the shoe that day I leave it on top of the box to breathe for 24 hours then back in the coffin it goes
same here, i clean it and let it breath for a day , then stack them.. im not too worry about storing my sneakers... for now..

take the paper out and keep them in a cool area, you can try everything to prevent yellowing but it's going to happen regardless.

I never really understood the whole taking the paper out to keep from yellowing. Could someone please elaborate

paper and receipt folder and on the bottom of the box and the shoes on top, nothing extra and keep em in the closet at room temp, minimal yellowing on everything i own and if they do yellow i dont care, i think it gives shoes character and an OG classic look

I store mine same way as well, i see a lot of people say take the paper out,but I keep mines and wrapped  my kicks  with it  and put em back in the box,never any yellowing issues yet..

Silica gel becomes worthless if you live in humid area or have same ones for a long time they can only hold so much moisture. And to people that say ziplocs will dry your shoes out show me a post 2000 shoe that has been "dried" out. The leather has so many coatings and synthetics that the shoes are not like leather jackets that will flake. Only thing I would be worried about is glue drying up, but shoes coming out in past 10 years have better adhesives than the 90s shoes.

I fold paper in box and put all my shoes in ziploc back opened. For shoes that are known to yellow I vaccum bag out. I also have two reusable dehumidifiers in the closet. And pictures of shoes taped to box. Its not an investment its just I don't wanna wear yellow shoes.

Last edited:
I store mine in my basement which is alot cooler than my upstairs, and in a closet where no sunlight can hit them,

I don't store them in the boxes though, just on the shelf

can anyone school me on this?  is it better to store them in the boxes than outside the box and why?

I have come to my personal conclusion is that I will keep my doubles and shoes with icy/clear soles in unsealed ziplock bags. My question is could I substitute a plastic grocery bag, u know the white plastic ones??

*OLD PIC* I have about 3 more rows of sneakers on top and 1 row on the bottom all in boxes with no paper. Beaters under my bed no box lol.
nice setup ,I store mine the same way only stacked in my closet .Love those bins

The container store bins are clutch......and when you buy 20 you get little discount.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom