How do you store your sneakers?

Those of you saying you keep them in plastic bins or in their boxes, after each wear do you guys give the bottom sole a good wipe down before you throw them back in or not? Considering I wear all my kicks, i find it a hassle to be wiping down the soles all the time soI throw them in the box without cleaning unless its something major. Other times I just leave the shoes I know i'll be wearing in my rotaton just laying around out around. I feel like throwing them back in their storage boxes is weird without some good cleaning cause you know you probably are storing them awway for a while? 

If it's a shoe with a clear sole, then I clean then after I wear them and they go right back in the box. If it doesn't have a clear sole then I just put them on the floor in the closet and clean them later on, then put them back in the box.

I just take the paper out and leave them in the box.

If they have clear soles I'll throw in 2 silica packs.

Anything more than that and you're doing too much.

Been keeping mine in plastic bins for years.. I wear all mine tho and clean them after wear so the bins are just my habit.. THey get expensive tho so if u have a better method, let me know

Where'd you find these? And what size do you wear? Been looking for bins to hold my kicks but 11.5s-12 seem to big for the boxes I've found

Hey all. I've been thinking hard about switching to clear bins but have been told to stay away from it because there is no breathability for the shoes and will eventually speed up the "crumbling process." I also heard silica packs dry out shoes and speed up the crumbling process. Can anyone shed some light before I make the switch???

I keep them in their original boxes. The container thing is cool, but I just like having all of the original stuff that came with them. If we're talking about keeping them maintained though, I still clean them after every wear.

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing this topic back again, I just had a quick question.  I store all my kicks on some nice display shelving in my room, including retro 5s,6s, and 11s.  Now I know keeping them out in the open will speed up the yellowing process but is that all? Because they will yellow eventually over time, I like to look at all my shoes instead of keeping them in boxes stored away! Just wanted to know if that was the only problem with keeping them out, I am sure dust can't hurt them lol

Sorry for bringing this topic back again, I just had a quick question.  I store all my kicks on some nice display shelving in my room, including retro 5s,6s, and 11s.  Now I know keeping them out in the open will speed up the yellowing process but is that all? Because they will yellow eventually over time, I like to look at all my shoes instead of keeping them in boxes stored away! Just wanted to know if that was the only problem with keeping them out, I am sure dust can't hurt them lol
that should be the only main problem, the netting on the 5s will also yellow and the heal tab of some jordans (3s) will yellow. Also if you have/get the columbias the white patent leather would yellow faster

So Ive Wondering For A Bit Now, How Old Were The 99-01 "Air Unit Retros" When You When You Guys Started Seeing Them Crumble??

that should be the only main problem, the netting on the 5s will also yellow and the heal tab of some jordans (3s) will yellow. Also if you have/get the columbias the white patent leather would yellow faster
Thanks for your reply!

the plastic containers from the containerstore, aren't they air-tight, which is supposed to have harmful effects on the shoes?

Hey guys I just received the plastic containers from Cstore, and had a quick question. Can I store them with the paper that came in the nike boxes or just put the shoes in the plastic container naked. The reason I ask is would any light damage them (ceiling fan light) over the years? I know some other NTers put a picture of the shoe on the front of the box but didn't know if anything was put inside the containers too. Thanks in advance fellas. 

I store mine in a 2 gallon ziplock bag with the bag not sealed, paper folded at bottom of box, silica pack in the bag with the shoes.after reading this thread I decided to sell my pair of 2011 Concords that I wore 7x for $310, my other pair which i originally meant to be stocked will soon be rocked, I will wear my shoes and not make them sitting idols in a box

Zip lock bag not sealed. Folded tissue at the bottom. In the original box in my dark cool closet. Just recently made shoe label stickers myself using shipping label paper.

I put them in my old 4Runner. Some are ziplocked in the tote bag & others are just in sneaker boxes inside the car.

I´m in need of a different storing solution. 

Now I store most of my shoes in their boxes, but I just moved in with my girl and while I fit everything I have now, I really don´t know where to put all the boxes in a year or so :D

I like having the original boxes stacked, but I guess I´ll have to find something that takes up a little less space.

I'd advise against this, leather needs to breath and thats WAY too many silica packets anyways. Your kicks are going to dry out.

You all need to stop looking at shoes as some kind of investment. They won't last forever.

10 years later when you go to Un-DS that pair, they're going to be stiff as hell and will crumble after the first wear.

Wear your shoes now and enjoy them before its too late because Jordan Brand will eventually retro them again anyways.

I mean, look at all of the people who kept their Grape V's from 06 DS...Just sat in the box for 7 years....such a shame...whats the point really??
Amen.  Unless you are a hardcore collector and plan on never wearing them.  I don't buy em to look at.

I store in boxes they came in.  The clear plastic containers are nice for not having to read all the boxes to get what you want.  You can see em and choose.

True, but I think it's cool to see how different people handle their stuff. My storage hasn't changed from the last time I posted in here, with me keeping them in my closet on a rack above my clothes. I now also keep about 4-6 kicks on a smaller rack in the side of my closet as well. And that's only about half my current collection. (Think i'm between 50-60 pairs now.) The other half is at my older brother's garage because I personally don't have the space for all of them in my current apartment. (Share the place with 3 roommates.) Hoping to get my own spot in the next two years or so, where I can not only have a larger closet, but space in either my room or my living room to put up some shelves, similar to Nightwing from Weartesters if anyone watches his vids.

My older and younger brothers both have their own places, and store their kicks similarly, in their huge closets lol but my older bro keeps his on the floor (Big enough to hold his 30-40 pairs) and my younger bro has a shelf in his similar to mine; however he also has a kind of small shoe rack he keeps by his front door that holds around 15 pairs.

Beyond that we don't really worry too much about lighting or ventilation or anything like that. It is what it is. We wear the shoes, clean them, and put them away. Whatever boxes come with the shoes when we buy them we tend to keep, though if it's a replacement box i've gotten into the habit of getting rid of it, and that just becomes a shoe I keep out of the box.

I leave receipts in box and I guess on my Olympic 6s the ink bled thru and left a lil dark inkish mark on the ice sole, bled thru the paper also like wth o well tho

Anyone know where I could get stickers like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also do they make them for NB, Asics etc?

Anyone know where I could get stickers like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also do they make them for NB, Asics etc?

I follow this guy named "661stix4kix" on IG...he has his own website too but he does custom orders...just give him a list of what pairs you want the stickers for and he'll make them!...Im gonna place another order myself soon

I follow this guy named "661stix4kix" on IG...he has his own website too but he does custom orders...just give him a list of what pairs you want the stickers for and he'll make them!...Im gonna place another order myself soon
Thanks man. Repped.

I love the boxes and I refuse to throw them away even though the plastic cases would certainly save me space and would be easier to deal with whenever sneakers fall off the shelves.

There is shelving in this photo, but it's a little hard to see. It's approximately between every 4 boxes. Storage becomes a big issue...

I absolutely recommend using photos of shoes taped onto the boxes, but I wouldn't pay anyone to do it. A color printer, a pair of scissors, and a roll of scotch tape (double sided scotch tape if you're feeling saucy) will set you free.

Back
Top Bottom