How good was/could Maurice Clarett have been?

With all the talk of Maurice Clarett getting out and returning to tOSU, I was curious, just how good was he as a freshman? Just how good could he possibly have been if it wasn't for that whole fiasco the summer before his sophomore year? I mean as a Buckeye, I have an obvious bias, but wanted some input from some non-bias opinions. 

With all the talk of Maurice Clarett getting out and returning to tOSU, I was curious, just how good was he as a freshman? Just how good could he possibly have been if it wasn't for that whole fiasco the summer before his sophomore year? I mean as a Buckeye, I have an obvious bias, but wanted some input from some non-bias opinions. 

indifferent.gif

Honestly...After watching him that Freshman year where he simply dominated teams he coulda' been a All-Pro Back IMO in the L. As a Michigan fan also, Can't even front man dudde was a problem but blew it all away. Sucks because if he had just followed the rules he woulda been a Hiesman finalist his Sophomore year and the sky was the limit for the kid. Anybody that watched him vs the Miami D (Which was full of future NFL players) who know the truth.

Honestly...After watching him that Freshman year where he simply dominated teams he coulda' been a All-Pro Back IMO in the L. As a Michigan fan also, Can't even front man dudde was a problem but blew it all away. Sucks because if he had just followed the rules he woulda been a Hiesman finalist his Sophomore year and the sky was the limit for the kid. Anybody that watched him vs the Miami D (Which was full of future NFL players) who know the truth.

Lol obviously I know he's not returning to play if that's what the stoneface is for. No need for that giant stoneface, I was just curious as to what everyone thought of him as a player, and what he could have been. My bad, calm down bro.

Lol obviously I know he's not returning to play if that's what the stoneface is for. No need for that giant stoneface, I was just curious as to what everyone thought of him as a player, and what he could have been. My bad, calm down bro.

You mean in college or (possibly) in the NFL?

He could've been a very good college back. Dude put up 1200 and 18 td's his frosh year.

Don't think he would've done anything of note (Pro bowls, All NFL, etc) in the NFL regardless of the circumstances.

You mean in college or (possibly) in the NFL?

He could've been a very good college back. Dude put up 1200 and 18 td's his frosh year.

Don't think he would've done anything of note (Pro bowls, All NFL, etc) in the NFL regardless of the circumstances.

Lol I obviously know that he isn't coming back to play, if that's what that was for. No need for the giant stoneface. I was just curious as to what people thought of him as a player and what he could have been. Calm down bro.

Lol I obviously know that he isn't coming back to play, if that's what that was for. No need for the giant stoneface. I was just curious as to what people thought of him as a player and what he could have been. Calm down bro.

Sorry I didn't catch that, do you think he's coming back to play? What are you curious about?

Sorry I didn't catch that, do you think he's coming back to play? What are you curious about?

Lol Ahh gotcha, then my bad CP. I was sitting here thinking "man why'd I just get giant stonefaced for? I've never seen a stoneface that big"

Lol Ahh gotcha, then my bad CP. I was sitting here thinking "man why'd I just get giant stonefaced for? I've never seen a stoneface that big"

Dre got it right. 
smh.gif

That was my back to back @#$%

Mo shoulda been kicked out long before that game. 
laugh.gif

Dre got it right. 
smh.gif

That was my back to back @#$%

Mo shoulda been kicked out long before that game. 
laugh.gif

He was limited by his lack of speed and durability in college but he still had a lot of physical attributes to make him an apt back at the college level. Had he stayed healthy and eligible there's no telling...
I think its great that he's enrolled and when they honor the 01-02 squad he's gonna get a great applause.

He was limited by his lack of speed and durability in college but he still had a lot of physical attributes to make him an apt back at the college level. Had he stayed healthy and eligible there's no telling...
I think its great that he's enrolled and when they honor the 01-02 squad he's gonna get a great applause.

No, I dont think he's coming back to play. Being as Im a fan of a certain team, I always tend to be curious about what other people feel about a particular player/particular team. Im just wondering what everyone, especially Hurricane fans (no shots fired) feel about where Clarett could have ranked among the all time greats at the end of his collegiate carrier if he would have kept his head on straight and stayed 3 maybe 4 years, and where his Freshman year stands in terms of first year success. Just a little bit of discussion.

Back
Top Bottom