How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

the Slap Bet episode 
roll.gif

Going through the series on Netflix now.. I'll probably comment on random episodes that really stand out.

Season 3's "How I Met Everyone Else" is pretty awesome. It's got the hot/crazy scale with Ted's new girlfriend "Blah blah" and I'm always a sucker for flashback episodes.

So CBS has decided to pass on the HIMYM spinoff

Honestly, I think it's a good decision. Didn't think the spinoff would be good. However, the show can still be picked up by another network.

Last edited:
im gonna start watching this show. i heard i've been missing out. gonna catch up on my next weekend off from work.

I'm not even mad. It had a greater chance of tainting the legacy than helping it.

I don't have any strong feelings about the decision because I have no attachment to the spinoff. Probably would be a different story if we saw a couple episodes, I ended up liking it, and CBS decided not to pick it up for the rest of the season.

That said, if Carter Bays and Craig Thomas felt strongly enough not to re-shoot the pilot episode at Cbs's request, I don't see how it would've deterred CBS from giving it a try for 13 episodes.

If it doesn't take off, then just cancel it. Surprised CBS didn't think it was worth the risk to go with a pilot they didn't like that was written by established writers.

At the point, this is not the pilot I'm excited about, anyway. The woman who plays the mother - Cristin Molioti - is going be in a pilot where she plays a married woman in a mismatched relationship that's destined to fail, and over the course of x amount of seasons we're going to see how her relationship with this man changes. I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite show.

Last edited:
I'm surprised.. but not that disappointed.

We'll see if the show lands somewhere else.

It'll probably get picked up somewhere else.

It's widely known that CBS is very tough. They just canceled a bunch of shows.

Maybe they didn't want to deal with Bay/Carter being stubborn (again). The article says they didn't want to reshoot the pilot.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about the spinoff hurting HIMYM's "legacy", so I'm not opposed to watching the pilot episode, if they're ever picked up.

Still more salty about no one picking up Happy Endings, but that's another topic :lol:

I liked Cristin Milioti as the mother. Looks like her new show got picked up:

I'm in there bruh. The trailer makes it look like the story about how they got together. I read the show is about how they're supposed to break up.

Doesn't matter. I'm in there.

I would've felt more strongly about it one way or the other if they gave the 1st season a chance and then decided to cancel instead of just passing.

Maybe it shows up on another network. Might be better that way. Plus if it does good chance that network makes changes to give it a whole different feel.

not reading this thread. On season 5 episode 18. All in like a month and a half. Hope I don't get dissapointed towards the end. Thank god for netflix.

Back
Top Bottom