How many of my 30 and ups listen to the new rap wave?

Looking for new music is a constant thing for me. Its amazing the amount of talent that's out there.

Do you mind sharing some of these new talents you're into? Besides a few guys I can't stand most of the new rappers.

Please share so I can explore

I got a couple years left before I hit 30 but I'm stuck in my ways.

I let the younger guys do their thing but I got a handful of artists I listen to, everything else I just let play when I listen to the radio.

I got a solid handful cats I got playing in the car. Dom, Krit, Spitta, Future, 96 Hov.

Jodeci & Boyz II Men and Timberlake when my lady in the whip.

I don't really need anything else

I let the younger guys do their thing but I got a handful of artists I listen to, everything else I just let play when I listen to the radio.

I got a solid handful cats I got playing in the car. Dom, Krit, Spitta, Future, 96 Hov.

You really just gonna rock my Avylike that huh mother ****** ?

I dont actively search for new music anymore.

If I come across it and like it I wont deny it.

This right here. It's not a dislike of new stuff, but man if I really sit down and goo through all the dope music that's come out JUST for hip hop in the last 15 years :smh: :smokin

For me I listen to everything post 1988. It's decades man, from mainstream to underground to lost albums and tapes it's just too much to dig through while still being on the pulse on what's hot.

Plus y'all new cats consume music in different ways then we did, so you receive it faster. Plus a big place where you find new **** is in the club, and most 30 plus moved on from that. I still go but it just not the scene so I go maybe once a month if not less.

You really just gonna rock my Avylike that huh mother ****** ?

View media item 2272686View media item 2272687
View media item 2272688View media item 2272689
900x900px-LL-00562168_D9e9f6D.gif

i'm 31 and all i listen to is Trap Musik and the beats got to slap for me to listen to it honestly, just lyrically rap with no kind of feel to it, don't do it for me, i prefer conscious with hard beats though, like i jam Nas/K. Dot and Cole, just wish they beats slapped with it, would be a perfect combo

Not much, heard some stuff that I actually liked from newer cats (Vic Mensa for example) that I thought was cool, but for the most part not much else. But that's ok.  My era was the 80's and 90's (Golden Age of Hip-Hop IMO).  Sort of like Nike's Golden Age IMO.  But what I won't do is diss someone today because of what they listen too.  I remember when acts like Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee, even LL Cool J were being dismissed *** old and wack when newer artists like Jay Z, Nas, Biggie, etc., were taking over in the 90's.  Now they're the old ones some younger dudes might dismiss as old and irrelevant in today's rap.  Things change and evolve and you have to adjust.  Just like today's Nike's.  You can buy your retro's (and complain about the shape, materials, quality) but you also have to accept that Nike is not going to make retro's alone to stay in business.  I have accepted the fact that its cool to rock a pair of AM95's listening to Wu Tang, just like its ok to rock Kyrie III's listening to Vic Mensa too.  BTW, I'm 43.

If it's not from Griselda records or action Bronson nowadays then na.

I think Bronson is in his 30's

and I wonder how old Conway and Westside are with the music they put out

32 and I listen to current music. Almost exclusively. I'm not a huge fan of the way music from even as recent as the early 2000's sounds. I've always listened to the music of the day. When I was younger, Wu and Mobb and whatever else was current. That being said, I haven't been in love with rap music for a long time. It really doesn't do much for me emotionally. That being said, I do love scumbag r&b as a genre. so...IDK. I just know that I never got stuck in an era of music.

I don't get into the deep cuts of this new wave though. It's gotta be across the plate for me to listen. Like, I'm aware that a person named Famous Dex makes music, but he's gonna have to get a little more famous before I listen.

Back
Top Bottom