How many of you think Obama is going to get re-elected?

Originally Posted by Kramer

I'm not gonna lie I haven't followed this too closely, but do the democrats have anyone good running against Obama?
Very rarely does a party run a primary against their own party's president (last time was Teddy Kennedy against Jimmy Carter)...  Even if they pick someone good to challenge the current president it splinters the party, and makes it much less likely for the controlling party of the presidency to keep control of it for re-election...

It happens in the Senate and House much more frequently (but still not very often) only because the amount of people you need to unite is far less significant...

Originally Posted by Kramer

I'm not gonna lie I haven't followed this too closely, but do the democrats have anyone good running against Obama?
Very rarely does a party run a primary against their own party's president (last time was Teddy Kennedy against Jimmy Carter)...  Even if they pick someone good to challenge the current president it splinters the party, and makes it much less likely for the controlling party of the presidency to keep control of it for re-election...

It happens in the Senate and House much more frequently (but still not very often) only because the amount of people you need to unite is far less significant...

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by whiterails

So what's your source?

Would it matter to you what or who my source is? I'm just a conspiracy theorist, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Refusing to reveal your sources isn't helping your cause.

Google the latest poll, where Republicans and Democrats are leary of voting for a 'Mormon' in Romney.

You guys really think independents are going to vote for that Michelle chick who represents the tea party?

Obama will get re-elected

Google the latest poll, where Republicans and Democrats are leary of voting for a 'Mormon' in Romney.

You guys really think independents are going to vote for that Michelle chick who represents the tea party?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

rashi wrote:

roll.gif

The only person out of everyone you mentioned, including the sitting President that IS NOT in favor of sending robotic unmanned drones into foreign countries to kill civilians, on top of establishing "no fly zones" that prevent food from getting into countries. Yeah, deservedly so, apparently you have to be a cold blooded killer to be considered to be President of the United States.
laugh.gif

Also the only person out of all the candidates he mentioned who is delusional enough to believe that when left to check themselves, corporations will act for the benefit of the people and not for personal gain. This has historically been proven wrong time and time again, prior to the Great Depression as well as over the course of the past decade when the banking industry was deregulated which led to the financial crisis.

Corporations can't do what they do now without help from the government. I don't understand why you can't understand that. Don't you know the purpose of lobbyists? Lobbyists sole purpose is to persuade the government in order to make laws that benefit them.

Yet you divert the argument. Instead of debating the issue that I just presented, you take the opportunity to promote your Statist baloney. You can careless if the President is killing people in now 6 different foreign countries with robots. Obama is has byfar passed Bush in being a sociopathic murderer. Obama has killed more civilians than Gaddaffi, Assad, bin Laden, Kim Jong-il, Ahmadinejad combined.

Yes, I do understand the purpose of lobbyists. I just don't understand why you, knowing this, think it is a GOOD thing to give large corporations free reign to do whatever they please with NO checks. At least with the current system they can be stopped, under an ideal Libertarian system there would be no checks on large businesses and they could do whatever they please without any government power to check them. THAT alone shows the logical fallacy in the ideology. 

Not even going to address the insanely sensationalized last paragraph. You're right about civilians being killed, it obviously is unjustified, however as I've explained to you previously many more would have been slaughtered if the rebels in Libya had been hung out to try and fend for themselves. Isolationism in today's world is simply IMPOSSIBLE with increasing globalization and intertwining of the worlds population, as well as social media expanding to show the atrocities going on in these countries carried out by the dictators.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

rashi wrote:

roll.gif

The only person out of everyone you mentioned, including the sitting President that IS NOT in favor of sending robotic unmanned drones into foreign countries to kill civilians, on top of establishing "no fly zones" that prevent food from getting into countries. Yeah, deservedly so, apparently you have to be a cold blooded killer to be considered to be President of the United States.
laugh.gif

Also the only person out of all the candidates he mentioned who is delusional enough to believe that when left to check themselves, corporations will act for the benefit of the people and not for personal gain. This has historically been proven wrong time and time again, prior to the Great Depression as well as over the course of the past decade when the banking industry was deregulated which led to the financial crisis.

Corporations can't do what they do now without help from the government. I don't understand why you can't understand that. Don't you know the purpose of lobbyists? Lobbyists sole purpose is to persuade the government in order to make laws that benefit them.

Yet you divert the argument. Instead of debating the issue that I just presented, you take the opportunity to promote your Statist baloney. You can careless if the President is killing people in now 6 different foreign countries with robots. Obama is has byfar passed Bush in being a sociopathic murderer. Obama has killed more civilians than Gaddaffi, Assad, bin Laden, Kim Jong-il, Ahmadinejad combined.

Yes, I do understand the purpose of lobbyists. I just don't understand why you, knowing this, think it is a GOOD thing to give large corporations free reign to do whatever they please with NO checks. At least with the current system they can be stopped, under an ideal Libertarian system there would be no checks on large businesses and they could do whatever they please without any government power to check them. THAT alone shows the logical fallacy in the ideology. 

Not even going to address the insanely sensationalized last paragraph. You're right about civilians being killed, it obviously is unjustified, however as I've explained to you previously many more would have been slaughtered if the rebels in Libya had been hung out to try and fend for themselves. Isolationism in today's world is simply IMPOSSIBLE with increasing globalization and intertwining of the worlds population, as well as social media expanding to show the atrocities going on in these countries carried out by the dictators.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

The dollar will crash regardless... Can't stop the inevitable
laugh.gif
 Keep thinking that.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

What makes Bachmann so unelectable? Is it because she is lacks experience? She has been in Congress for more years than President Obama was in Congress. Does she lack a compelling personal story? taking in a multitude of foster kids is just as compelling as being the first black president. Despite the caricature of her being a dumb and uneducated hick, she is a lawyer and was a fairly good one so that means that she went to graduate school and got a Juris Doctor degree and practiced law (tax law no less, something that is perhaps a bit relavent in these times). She has made some strange and extremist staements just like President Obama did at one time or another ( In our own lives, we all make a few extreme statements or statements that are factually incorrect. in the past and if we are public figures they find their way to the immortality of the cameras).

I do not long to she her as the President but she is not unelectable. I think that many Democrats believe that if you are a Republican you are dumb and uneducated, no matter how much the facts suggest otherwise. It reminds of how Democrats believe that their candidates will always overwhelming "win" their debates with the Republican candidate and yet the results tend to be pretty even for both sides. It is the confirmation bias at its worse, if you are a Democrat, you are presumed smart regardless of the facts and all Republicans are presumed to be stupid, no matter the facts.

Republicans did this to themselves though. Winning debates? That is really your only argument? I hate to say it but republicans did it to themselves. Looking back, Nixon makes these guys and gals look like imbeciles. 

As far as her election chances, as a former MN resident I can really say she is everything that is wrong with politics, look at the code words she used to describe Obama early in his presidency. $***, look at the stuff she says now.
laugh.gif
 If she wins will the world end like most democrats claim? No. But it won't happen anyway, too polarizing. Way too polarizing. But I sure don't want her typing up my nations foreign policy, I'd be embarrassed. As a Minnesotan, I already am. 

Originally Posted by devildog1776

The dollar will crash regardless... Can't stop the inevitable
laugh.gif
 Keep thinking that.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

What makes Bachmann so unelectable? Is it because she is lacks experience? She has been in Congress for more years than President Obama was in Congress. Does she lack a compelling personal story? taking in a multitude of foster kids is just as compelling as being the first black president. Despite the caricature of her being a dumb and uneducated hick, she is a lawyer and was a fairly good one so that means that she went to graduate school and got a Juris Doctor degree and practiced law (tax law no less, something that is perhaps a bit relavent in these times). She has made some strange and extremist staements just like President Obama did at one time or another ( In our own lives, we all make a few extreme statements or statements that are factually incorrect. in the past and if we are public figures they find their way to the immortality of the cameras).

I do not long to she her as the President but she is not unelectable. I think that many Democrats believe that if you are a Republican you are dumb and uneducated, no matter how much the facts suggest otherwise. It reminds of how Democrats believe that their candidates will always overwhelming "win" their debates with the Republican candidate and yet the results tend to be pretty even for both sides. It is the confirmation bias at its worse, if you are a Democrat, you are presumed smart regardless of the facts and all Republicans are presumed to be stupid, no matter the facts.

Republicans did this to themselves though. Winning debates? That is really your only argument? I hate to say it but republicans did it to themselves. Looking back, Nixon makes these guys and gals look like imbeciles. 

As far as her election chances, as a former MN resident I can really say she is everything that is wrong with politics, look at the code words she used to describe Obama early in his presidency. $***, look at the stuff she says now.
laugh.gif
 If she wins will the world end like most democrats claim? No. But it won't happen anyway, too polarizing. Way too polarizing. But I sure don't want her typing up my nations foreign policy, I'd be embarrassed. As a Minnesotan, I already am. 

I used to be all about this stuff, but lately I've been so distant from politics that I really could care less.

I Know politicians and especially Presidents have implications on my present life and my future, but given what kind of times we're in right now I'm just trying to position myself with as much leverage as possible so that no matter who are president is, I'm living a good life. All that matters right now.

I used to be all about this stuff, but lately I've been so distant from politics that I really could care less.

I Know politicians and especially Presidents have implications on my present life and my future, but given what kind of times we're in right now I'm just trying to position myself with as much leverage as possible so that no matter who are president is, I'm living a good life. All that matters right now.

Back
Top Bottom