How many people did you cut off after highschool?

Cutting people off sounds like sucha female thing to do..

How about how many people from HS do you still talk to..

In 13 days? I graduated on Saturday.. Phew, finally!

But uh, I didn't cut anyone out.. yet.

Originally Posted by CTzFresh3st

13 days left until graduation & I feel like cutting all ties
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
Curious, what HS do you go to...?

For most people, who go to college, the friends that you have from graduation and on through the rest of your life are mostly people whom you befriended incollege. In high school, there are usually not as many people as at a university so your potential pool of friends is smaller so the matches are not as good asin college. When you go onto college, the odds are that after a couple of semesters, you will have lost touch with or just stopped seeing a majority of friendsfrom high school. This is the case for me personally but like many people some of my best friends, including my two best friends are people whom I met beforecollege, that minority of pre college friends who can survive the test of college are usually people who will be amongst your closest friends throughout yourlife.

College friends are great because they are just a better match than most high school friends. Pre college friends, especially the ones who met you when youwere very young have those shared childhood years that your college friends do not have. If your friendship stays close through college, there is agood chancethat that person will be as close or closer than even your best college friends. The bond created by thoseshared expreinces should be over looked.

Your college friends never knew you when you believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and that girls peed from their butts and ot pregnant from kissing. Yourpre college friends were there before you knew about booze or drugs or dating and life was nothing but endless hours of video games and sports and just hangoutand breaking things. My oldest friends knew me in kindergarten, before anyone even knew what cool was and they are there when everyone is awkward duringpuberty and they see you in all of your phases in high school and all of the crazy ideas and garb that go with youthful fads.

One more thing, let the friendships that are meant to die, die on their own. It is not neccesary to deliberately cut out your friends and declare friendshipsdesolved or expired, even of they are or soon will be. In addition to not being necesaary, it is not a good idea anyway.

The guy who actually does those big purges of high school friends whom he has unilaterally said are "holding him back" (in other words the dude didnot get laid in HS and blames his friends) or that his frineds will not understand his new identity. Which means one of two things. Either the dude is going tobecome a complete pot head/hippy/hipster and his old friends still play sports and do not enjoy emo rock and feigned pain.

If that is not the case the purger is probably a "hot shot" who beeives taht he will never live back in his suburban town again so he burns briedges.Of course he soon relizes that being "pre med/law" will not get you the grades needed to actually go on to those grad schools so the dude, afterfailing biology and statistics, settles for a weak/party major like business administration. The other species of "hot shot" thinks that hisBachelors in accounting, economics or business will mean that he will be Gordon Gekko and will be living it up in Manhattan right out of school. Either way the"hot shot" will have a job answering phones that pays him $12 and he lives with Mom and Dad, in the town that was just too big for him.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

For most people, who go to college, the friends that you have from graduation and on through the rest of your life are mostly people whom you befriended in college. In high school, there are usually not as many people as at a university so your potential pool of friends is smaller so the matches are not as good as in college. When you go onto college, the odds are that after a couple of semesters, you will have lost touch with or just stopped seeing a majority of friends from high school. This is the case for me personally but like many people some of my best friends, including my two best friends are people whom I met before college, that minority of pre college friends who can survive the test of college are usually people who will be amongst your closest friends throughout your life.

College friends are great because they are just a better match than most high school friends. Pre college friends, especially the ones who met you when you were very young have those shared childhood years that your college friends do not have. If your friendship stays close through college, there is agood chance that that person will be as close or closer than even your best college friends. The bond created by thoseshared expreinces should be over looked.

Your college friends never knew you when you believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and that girls peed from their butts and ot pregnant from kissing. Your pre college friends were there before you knew about booze or drugs or dating and life was nothing but endless hours of video games and sports and just hangout and breaking things. My oldest friends knew me in kindergarten, before anyone even knew what cool was and they are there when everyone is awkward during puberty and they see you in all of your phases in high school and all of the crazy ideas and garb that go with youthful fads.

One more thing, let the friendships that are meant to die, die on their own. It is not neccesary to deliberately cut out your friends and declare friendships desolved or expired, even of they are or soon will be. In addition to not being necesaary, it is not a good idea anyway.

The guy who actually does those big purges of high school friends whom he has unilaterally said are "holding him back" (in other words the dude did not get laid in HS and blames his friends) or that his frineds will not understand his new identity. Which means one of two things. Either the dude is going to become a complete pot head/hippy/hipster and his old friends still play sports and do not enjoy emo rock and feigned pain.

If that is not the case the purger is probably a "hot shot" who beeives taht he will never live back in his suburban town again so he burns briedges. Of course he soon relizes that being "pre med/law" will not get you the grades needed to actually go on to those grad schools so the dude, after failing biology and statistics, settles for a weak/party major like business administration. The other species of "hot shot" thinks that his Bachelors in accounting, economics or business will mean that he will be Gordon Gekko and will be living it up in Manhattan right out of school. Either way the "hot shot" will have a job answering phones that pays him $12 and he lives with Mom and Dad, in the town that was just too big for him.

I love you, I really do.

Back
Top Bottom