How Much can a C hurt my GPA? vol.Deans list or Die!

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I'm not singling you out, but it amazes me how people in college don't know how to calculate their GPAs or current grade in a class.

Well I am a Freshmen, and HS GPA calculation is totally different then College, and the Calculators can be confusing at times, but hey its nothing.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

yea thing is I`m trying to get my GPA up as much as possible for personal reasons.

But as long as I dont get anything lower then a B with some A's in the mix I should see some sort of Raise correct?

Sorta.

Depends how many B's and how Many A's.

If you ahve a 3.3 overall than as long as this semester is say 3.5 or 3.6 you should see a nice raise but again it all depends how many credit hours youroverall GPA is comprised of. If it's a 100 credit hours (3.3 GPA) than even a 3.6 (18 credit hours) won't raise it that much. If you only have 50 hoursput in for a 3.3 GPA than a 3.5 this semester should net a nice raise.

8 credits with A = 4.0 x 8 = 32.0
6 credits with B = 3.0 x 6 = 18.0
4 credits with C = 2.0 x 4 = 8.0

18 credits total with 58.0 total points = 3.2222222222...

I'm not singling you out, but it amazes me how people in college don't know how to calculate their GPAs or current grade in a class.

Well I am a Freshmen, and HS GPA calculation is totally different then College, and the Calculators can be confusing at times, but hey its nothing.

Oh, you're in HS?

I wouldn't worry about that too much.
laugh.gif

They usually give you a weighted and unweighted GPA at the end.

You'll never figure out their weighted GPA formula unless you request it from the education board or something. It's not that simple. They havediff. values for diff. classes and s**t, at least where I live. Basically education board politics. I had this conversation with one of my teachers back in HS.

Just do well and than beast on the SAT's.
pimp.gif

Colleges love to see a high SAT average near their school name in US News.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Oh, you're in HS?

I wouldn't worry about that too much.
laugh.gif

They usually give you a weighted and unweighted GPA at the end.

You'll never figure out their weighted GPA formula unless you request it from the education board or something. It's not that simple. They have diff. values for diff. classes and s**t, at least where I live. Basically education board politics. I had this conversation with one of my teachers back in HS.

Just do well and than beast on the SAT's.
pimp.gif

Colleges love to see a high SAT average near their school name in US News.
laugh.gif

HAHA no Ima College Fresh, I`m saying the College GPA System is diffrent then the HS.

After this semester I will be at 31 hours *making me a sophmore* and I might take a Summer School course too. So I assume that how I do this semester willmake my overall GPA look mighty pretty

Back
Top Bottom