How much did Kanye help adidas?

I wasnt saying they were bad.

I think im the only nter that likes kobes Adidas better than his nikes.

Im saying nikes technology ....in my.opinion.....is not only superior....but it somehow evolves and stays relevant.....nikes still use technology from 30 yrs ago.

How many adidas have micropacer tech...wen was the last feet u wear non retro?
And power lacing is kind of a universal idea....but nikes version is probably the best thus far.

Right now i would say adidas is more innovative with design becuz i feel like they give their guys more leeway to go crazy.

But all that is just my opinion.

^yeah i know and i like seeing cats like you getting brainlessly ripped off by MJ. its hilarious.
Take out MJ and insert Kanye West and it works the same. Sheeps are sheeps.
Funny how you are referring to JB like they are leading innovaters like Nike doesnt have Sportswear and Lab.

JB been dead, we been known that but :rofl: @ drug dealers and hood dudes only buying Jordans now. Thats been going on for decades. Way to generalize a group of people tho I see where you going with it becauze the same hood dudes and drug dealers dont buy Ultra Boost?

Last edited:
but now it's adidas talent = adidas innovation :lol:
because that's why they left.  nike wasn't allowing them to fully create and curate their ideas.  

adidas is so much better at letting artists create...

pharell, kanye, raf simmons, rick owens, yohji...all have very avant garde designs.  it's a great thing to witness...

meanwhile the only people i know who still rock jordans are hood dudes and weed dealers :rofl:
J's been sitting on shelves forever now:lol:   it's sad to see
Haven't bought myself a nike shoes in 3 years now. Adidas and puma for me. Adidas looks wise has been ******** on nike for quite some time. My boy asked me at the beginning of the year was I copping a pair of fresh whites, I pulled out the wait raf stans and felt on top of the world. Lowkey want every color. Ultra boost also are the ****.

I just wanna know why white girls are all of a sudden going crazy over Superstars.

Genuinely interested in knowing what metric people are using to say that adidas is sh*tting on Nike. I'm not a "sneaker head" anymore to the extent that I have to buy every shoe that drops but I pay attention to what people are getting into. As innovative as adidas is being 90% of adidas buzz and hype for the past 2 years has been about collabs and ultra boosts and nmds more recently. The 83 different tubular models aren't buzzing, 90% of other boost shoes especially those with full boost which are more comfortable than NMD sit, as much as I love the alpha bounce those don't have a huge buzz either. If you're in side that sneaker head streetwear/techwear bubble adidas is doing well in very specific models but outside of that the buzz is exactly where it's been for years. The issue I have with adidas is instead coming out with more original models they keep doubling down and changing or altering the models they already have out, so if you're not interested in NMDs or don't need more than 2-3 pairs of ultra boosts your options aren't that plentiful in adidas new wave of hype. Which isn't the case for nikes.

Adidas has completely reinvented themselves in the perception of the millenials and Kanye was a big part of that. NT would never admit that though because a lot of people on here are vehemently anti-Kanye to offset the blind slurpage of him. They find some sort of weird pride in being anti-trendy or not letting celebs influence what they do or wear at all.

However, they also came with new, innovative and good product. They couldn't just throw a pair of Kobe 2's on Kanye and expect him to rejuvenate the brand, they came with heat on their part.

It was a combo of good product, good marketing and Kanye increasing the visibility of that new Adidas. Even if you don't necessarily buy a a pair of sneakers because Kanye wore them, he is a factor in your purchase if you see Ultra Boosts on an IG page or post that wasn't posting the shoe or even covering Adidas period before Ye started ******* with them.

Bingo, especially with paragraph 1.

Nike doesnt spew out the same products over and over? So Jordans coming out every weekend and retros being remade and remastered every 4 years ant a big deal?

The last great thing Nike has made for itself is Flyknit.

And Flyknit itself was 2012. Aint no one holier than though. Wait for the new wave whether it be 2016 or 2018.

What was the last great thing Adidas made for itself?

Im not asking condescendingly btw.

I wasnt saying they were bad.

I think im the only nter that likes kobes Adidas better than his nikes.

Im saying nikes technology ....in my.opinion.....is not only superior....but it somehow evolves and stays relevant.....nikes still use technology from 30 yrs ago.

How many adidas have micropacer tech...wen was the last feet u wear non retro?
And power lacing is kind of a universal idea....but nikes version is probably the best thus far.

Right now i would say adidas is more innovative with design becuz i feel like they give their guys more leeway to go crazy.

But all that is just my opinion.

The fanboy in you is coming out :lol:

How you gonna say nike power lacing is the best when it's not even out yet?

The Micropacer is 30 years old, and it flopped when it originally released.

FYW was a success, but they couldn't keep the tech because the creator retained the rights to it when he left adidas. In addition, the Jordan 20 mimicked FYW with the IPS.

Adidas torsion is still in use; adiprene too. Don't know if they still use formotion, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Speaking of formotion, the Gilbert Arenas signature low tops came out before Kobe decided to go the low top route.

As far as opinions go:

Nike zoom is no better than Micro G or boost. Never been a fan of air max; I don't like lunar because if its durability.

I still don't understand the need to downplay boost. It's better.

One thing we can agree on is that Adi Kobes > Nike Kobes.

I love adidas lol.

Nike is the first to implement that type of lacing. They even have a patent on it. Im not talking about the power....all the other details too.
Wat i should have said is nike is the best for it imo. Im not sold on puma from wat ive seen.

Micropacer flopped....exactly.

Fyw....they still put out retros but they don't use the fyw swmbols.....coulda done that wen they stopped making the og ones as well.

Wat i was saying about nike technology is that it endures because it is good. And ....again imo.....better.

Boost is great....but i prefer lunar or zoom for running.

And i have like 8 pairs of runners. 2 boosts.

One thing i will say.....i have not hooped in boosts....ive hooped in crazy lights which were ok to me....and adidas kobes which are good so i dunno how boost bball stacks up to nike bball which is great.

Again all my opinion.

As with the topic at hand like i said before and it seems has been reiterated by peoples admiration for older adidas tech and design......adidas has always been dope.

Im not loyal to any brand i love sneakers period.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of flyknit air maxes when they first came out a year or two ago and thought they were absolute trash. Prime knit and boost is miles above them. And let's be honest, air max have never truly been comfortable.

Nike doesnt spew out the same products over and over? So Jordans coming out every weekend and retros being remade and remastered every 4 years ant a big deal?

The last great thing Nike has made for itself is Flyknit.

Of course they do. My point is that you can say you don't want to wear Jordan's anymore for the rest of your life and still have hundreds of options left in Nike sportswear. And that's nikes advantage because they've been on top for so long but even considering how long adidas has been relevant again in sneaker culture how many times have they doubled down on the NMD? How many times have they doubled down on the tubular? Not everyone has the same style and not everyone where's "streetwear" as their mains type of dress but every shoe that's picking up steam on the adidas side from yeezys to nmds and tubulars is all streetwear centered. And that's fine I don't have a problem with that. I got two pairs of Y-3's this week. But to act like adidas crapping on Nike when in actuality so much of the innovation and the buzz that's a result of that is come from a niche market. The "streetwear" market. And for some one like me who likes elements of street wear, like FOG styled pants, but isn't neccessily into streetwear as a whole Nike has more appeal to me, and I would assume the masses. Although I love every adidas shoe that I own.

Last edited:
I'm sorry call it what you want but I wear Nikes and Jordan's I never owned no adidas the boost joints look comfy tho

Design wise Nike been trash lately

Living off of past glory
This!

Adidas was always dope imo

But adidas has always had their own lane before people hopped on the current wave.
Co-sign. You can say the same for New Balance, Asics, Diadora & Puma. It's funny though because as soon as a celebrity brings some attention to one of these brands, anyone who has been up on it is lumped in with all newcomers and is considered a hypebeast.

I don't think I could ever wear a pair of Jordan's ever again in my life. Dudes in the hood gonna be copping the space jams every 4 years for the next 60 years. I'm all for new designs and when nike bball sigs had good refreshing designs I was going broke copping.

I, on the other hand, will probably always pick up a pair of J's here and there. Because I do me and I'm not worried about the rest. And I'm not in the "hood" no more and I don't sell weed (no more :lol:).

I was alive when Mike played. So just for the sake of nostalgia, I'll cop my pairs.

I never understood how kids got so caught up in Jordans otherwise. But for those of us that have a genuine love for the sneaker dating back to our childhood, I'm sure plenty of us will still pick up, even amidst the quality issues.

I'm not out here taking a "stand" for quality. I just like having pairs on my feet reminiscent of what was around when I was a shorty from time to time. Same reason I **** with the AT1, Air Max 1/90/95 etc.

If Cement III's drop, I'll probably scoop. Same with IV's. You can always make those look fresh. Even if they aren't "cool" anymore. Those are really the only models I **** with though. Very rarely the XI or XII.

That's also the same reason why I copped like 3 pairs of Adidas Attitudes in the Ewing Colorway for like $40 apiece a year or 2 back when a lotta y'all didn't give a **** about Adidas.

It's wild to me that you can love a sneaker so much one day and then say you'll never wear it again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom