How much you tip at places like Applebees

Never. One time I tried it and the lady took it as disrespect, so I don't bother.

These days I just leave a thank you note and tell them that their work is appreciated, sorry for the mess, etc.

Why? I think they knew their job description when they applied.lol

same amount than anywhere else 20-25% if they provide good service and I ain't go nothin to complain about, I usually give two strikes **** up once I'll give like 10-15% **** up a second **** ya tip

I always tip, BUT my uncle recently told me that he never tips male waiter, because they could get "real jobs" using their hands.

Rock solid reasoning there, IMO.

Stopped at Cracker Barrell twice over the weekend while driving and both times the service was so nice that I left 25% tips. Waitresses were crazy nice and deserved it. If I was outrageously balling they would have gotten one of those "the tip is more than the bill tips".

I always tip, BUT my uncle recently told me that he never tips male waiter, because they could get "real jobs" using their hands.

Rock solid reasoning there, IMO.

What kind of weird logic is that? Women can use their hands too.

I think maybe what his uncle is trying to convey is that..."real" men do manual "hard" labor that leave callouses or abrasions on their palms.

Real men don't lift trays of appetizers.
Real men kill the animals that become the appetizer.

I think maybe what his uncle is trying to convey is that..."real" men do manual "hard" labor that leave callouses or abrasions on their palms.

Real men don't lift trays of appetizers.
Real men kill the animals that become the appetizer.

This.

This, gender shouldn't have a single thing to do with who/how you tip. That's like saying dudes shouldn't paint, become teachers, become bankers, become whatever because they ain't real men if it don't involve physical labor.

We're talking about a 50+ year old person here. Historically, waiting was more for women.

I mean, Mr. Waiter guy who needs tips to eat, could be picking up trash, living comfortably.

So I googled it and apparently only 30% of Americans tip at hotels. Most of the housekeepers appreciate it. Sure it's in their job description, but I feel like they're underpaid for what they have to do.

As far as the whole male waiter thing, I can see where the argument is made but I feel like we live in such a progressed time that it shouldn't even be a debate. Like the other guy said, teachers used to be primarily a female occupation and to say that males shouldn't be one is silly now.

Back
Top Bottom