How much you tip at places like Applebees

I tip very generously but never tip on take out. I don't see the reason.

I rarely don't either, but I can see why some might if it's a large order. Simply for the prep and having it ready in a timely manner.

I usually do 11-15% but if my bill is 20 or less I give 5 dollars most of the time.

Anyone over the age of 17 has no business at Applebee's unless your going with your family and don't want to pay a lot.
The food there is trash anyways. Pre-cooked garbage.
The way I see it, if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out

Agree with all of this.

I had the misfortune of living in a crumby area for about a year, Applebee's was considered the top restaurants in town, and my god does that place stink. It should be reserved purely for teenagers & maybe old folks on a fixed income (retirement). Whatever awful excuses you can make to justify going there is just not enough, go to mcdonalds or Taco Bell if you want fast food, or better yet the grocery store and cook a proper meal already

20% minimum..only exception if it's terrible service..

If it's great service..tip more

You don't have to tip if ur going somewhere to pick up food..couple of dollars is fine.but anything else is excessive

I worked in environments where the income is somewhat dependent in tips..so I myself am a generous tipper..

Be on the lookout if gratuity is included in your check..sometimes ppl don't notice

In Miami all restaraunts include gratuity..so the service isnt that great

In some countries in Europe..tips aren't even expected..but I always do..especially if great service is provided

Last edited:
Car side to go $2-5

Sit down $5-8

Idgaf how much my food cost or how many people I'm with. That is what comes outta my pocket. Don't like it? Find another damn job....

I've been to a Chilli's on a slow day and felt guilty for tipping. OMFG the service was terrible. Slow, rude, and un-courteous . All these big chain restaurants suck ... except for IHOP. I've noticed a lot of consistency at IHOP in different locations.

I either tip big or little. Never in the middle.

Why would you tip less at a chain spot?

Applebee's and cheddar's around my way is cool as hell...

And the service is great.

Plus the yambs be there on the reg...

Cheddars >>>>>

Agree with all of this.

I had the misfortune of living in a crumby area for about a year, Applebee's was considered the top restaurants in town, and my god does that place stink. It should be reserved purely for teenagers & maybe old folks on a fixed income (retirement). Whatever awful excuses you can make to justify going there is just not enough, go to mcdonalds or Taco Bell if you want fast food, or better yet the grocery store and cook a proper meal already
you sound poor.

Refferimg to the Warren Sapp receipt.

The waitress or waiter probably kept greeting him and his party as "Boys"

Like walk up and say "How you boys doing tonight? Can I start you off with some appetizers?"

He probably didn't like that (I wouldn't either)

At least say gentlemen, not "Boys".

Ignorance is COMMON amongst Applebee's employees. Had 1 waitress intentionally short change me on 3 occasions. Was nice to her on the first 2. Said it was cool and she got me my money, but the third time I let her *** have it. Told her she was f'n with the wrong 1 and I know wtf she's doing. I could of got her fired but she isn't there anymore, I'm sure she did it to folks on a regular.

The Lil ***** would right a Lil thank you message and smiley face on the receipt as a distraction. And take $ out my change. My food was $40 gave her $60 and got $4 and some change back, smh c'mon son.

Lil petty *****.

I usually always tip 20% as a regular standard whenever I go out. If service is lousy I'll drop it down to 15%.

Now, if service was phenomenal--I go up to 22%

Refferimg to the Warren Sapp receipt.

The waitress or waiter probably kept greeting him and his party as "Boys"

Like walk up and say "How you boys doing tonight? Can I start you off with some appetizers?"

He probably didn't like that (I wouldn't either)

At least say gentlemen, not "Boys".

Ignorance is COMMON amongst Applebee's employees. Had 1 waitress intentionally short change me on 3 occasions. Was nice to her on the first 2. Said it was cool and she got me my money, but the third time I let her *** have it. Told her she was f'n with the wrong 1 and I know wtf she's doing. I could of got her fired but she isn't there anymore, I'm sure she did it to folks on a regular.

The Lil ***** would right a Lil thank you message and smiley face on the receipt as a distraction. And take $ out my change. My food was $40 gave her $60 and got $4 and some change back, smh c'mon son.

Lil petty *****.

I coudlnt help but laugh at this lol

treystylezpopz treystylezpopz Why are you paying cash though?

Stuff like this is the reason why I never pay cash for most things.

I trust with cash. If someone stole money out my account then I have to wait days to get it back if I get it back. Cash I can put hands on your *** on the spot and retrieve my funds.

Do you know how long ago I'd be in prison if I could get my hands on the some of these people at financial institutes for playing with my money? Talking all big over the phone in another state.lol

Let's just end this now before the official spokesman of all severs comes in essays galore.

Don't tip= scum of the earth, parents failed you or you don't believe anyone should get a tip for what they're supposed to do

Tip a little = you're cheap, you shouldn't buy shoes if you can't tip

Tip normal= normal or you're still cheap, I tip more because I'm on NT and I'm rich (of course)

Tip a lot= if you don't do this you're broke and shouldn't eat out because this is what I do and in on NT so I'm rich (duh)

Anything else I'm missing?
YEA, THE OPPOSITE.

NEVER TIP, DRIVE M3

AND OH YEA RACE CARD

Tipping is more a social standard nowadays that it's become mandatory. So much so, that if people don't tip, they are automatically supreme d-bags. I think it's unfair, you pay what you feel. Period. I don't think anyone should be obligated to tip. It should be a common practice, but one shouldn't be held on high scrutiny for not tipping.

That being said, I tip 15% almost always. 18% in fine dining or large groups. Except if the service is really bad I don't tip, but it's rare that I become so displeased that I don't do so. 15% on a $20 meal isn't a whole lot.

based off service, if excellent then I do 20%. Substandard I just give about 15% or so. I never short them, but I won't give extra if it isn't deserved. I've never gotten straight up horrible service, so I never had to straight put the kaibosh on a tip.

Last edited:
If you tip a horrible server aren't you just giving him the green light not to change is horrible ways?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom