"HOW NIKETALK CHANGED THE SNEAKER GAME" article....vol...complexxxx

:lol: back in the early days there wasn't even a JB forum... it was called "The XI Forum"

Good article MyT, nice to see some actual writing on Complex instead of more ridiculous lists.

They can't monetize actual writing that's why.

dude aint lying about those XI's at the top of the page that's when i first started to browse the site if i'm not mistaking if you clicked on the banner it gave you a few upcoming release dates.

:lol: back in the early days there wasn't even a JB forum... it was called "The XI Forum"

Good article MyT, nice to see some actual writing on Complex instead of more ridiculous lists.

If I remember correctly, I think there was a JB forum but it was a "nike/jordan forum"..then they added a "AJ Jordan XI" a few months later

The format used to be: The Lounge, Nike/JB, Buy/sell, Achieve
Then it came: AJ XI Forum, The Lounge, Nike/JB, Buy/sell, Achieve

You're right, XIs didn't even retro until 2000/01.

Front page circa 2000.
View media item 825171

that page brings back memories....:smokin

link to the hat? 
nerd.gif

Dom is 75partlycloudy, never knew Cole was a member until I read that earlier.
I think his first SN was LMTPRK or something like that standing for Lamert Park.

I still remember Henzo posting that eBeatz audio roast on the other site :lol:

:lol:
I wanna post a pic.
But i know it'll derail this thread.
:lol:

Last edited:
Great article.

Mytsharp right on for that contribution! I appreciated reading about Niketalk on a mainstream site (didn't know you still posted). A lot of these young cats don't even know about how Niketalk essentially was and still is the catalyst for the sneaker/ street wear culture.

Everything said about NT being ahead of the curve on trends etc. was on point..

Holy ****. Shout out to Bootleg Benny himself.

I used to roll up on him at concerts all the time and creep him out.

I'm really proud of him to see his name on a Complex article like that.

Son has always been a person I looked up to in terms of the way he moved through his career in the media. He's been able to support himself and his family as a creative for years, and is a pretty mature dude altogether. Everywhere I've ever been he's been there with some kind of media pass. Every time I saw him he'd either be working at the radio station, or doing photography, or putting out podcasts, and he was ACTUALLY DOING IT AND MAKING A LIVING FROM IT. Most people talk about all that stuff whenever you see them and they're just talking. But this man Tommie Battle III deserves nothing but respect for his grind.

I also request that someone post the "Like A Pimp" photo.

Great article.

Mytsharp right on for that contribution! I appreciated reading about Niketalk on a mainstream site (didn't know you still posted). A lot of these young cats don't even know about how Niketalk essentially was and still is the catalyst for the sneaker/ street wear culture.

Everything said about NT being ahead of the curve on trends etc. was on point..
Sometimes I wonder how the sneaker culture would've shaped up if NT never existed. I'm sure it would still be huge, but certain details may deviate/change certain ways.

For those that's been here long enough, we witnessed the whole hype thing took off with the SBs, Artist Series kicks at various Niketowns, the whole customize thing...one of the biggest ones being the Methamphibian joints, and the whole 'streetwear' thing. I used to drive around for the first batch of The Hundreds shirts in freshman year in college. Loved the Cali is for haters shirt :lol:

Back
Top Bottom