how some of ya can't get yambs & this guy got 4 female guards pregnant in da same jail?

“It’s been referred to as the bottom rung in the career ladder in criminal justice. This is considered dirty work,” criminal justice professor Chris Menton tells us.

It’s been referred to as the bottom rung in the career ladder in criminal justice. This is considered dirty work

“The people who end up in these jobs are people who couldn’t get a job as a police officer, couldn’t get through law school, couldn’t get a job as a federal agent,” adds Menton, who actually worked as a corrections officer himself because he couldn’t find work after college.

Once they get into this line of work, corrections officers get little recognition — unlike police officers, who are out on the street and dealing with the public every day.

“Corrections in general is the ugly stepchild of the justice system,” says Bruce Bayley, a criminal justice professor at Weber State University and former correctional officer. “Out of site out of mind.”

Didn't know this.

CO's get paid though... NY state CO's start at 50g's a year...
Sorry but $50,000 annual salary is not "getting paid."

Can we at least hit 6-figures before we use that term?
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nat.htm#53-0000

its above da national average, and it goes up after 4 years where you max out at under 100k..like i said, you get paid.

Yep. Especially in a state like NY where tax kicks your behind. I know a couple of guys who were making almost $200k/year and moved to the Midwest to settle for a minute pay cut.

“It’s been referred to as the bottom rung in the career ladder in criminal justice. This is considered dirty work,” criminal justice professor Chris Menton tells us.

It’s been referred to as the bottom rung in the career ladder in criminal justice. This is considered dirty work

“The people who end up in these jobs are people who couldn’t get a job as a police officer, couldn’t get through law school, couldn’t get a job as a federal agent,” adds Menton, who actually worked as a corrections officer himself because he couldn’t find work after college.

Once they get into this line of work, corrections officers get little recognition — unlike police officers, who are out on the street and dealing with the public every day.

“Corrections in general is the ugly stepchild of the justice system,” says Bruce Bayley, a criminal justice professor at Weber State University and former correctional officer. “Out of site out of mind.”

Didn't know this.

its above da national average, and it goes up after 4 years where you max out at under 100k..like i said, you get paid.

Orthopedic surgeons, get paid. Patent lawyers, get paid. Tech entrepreneurs who go IPO, get paid.

Correctional officers, high school teachers, and your local friendly Spiderman, don't get paid.

Last edited:
article dissed the HELL out of COs

id never wanna be a CO in NY, startin pay for that isnt even worth it ninja
Because they're largely inept and corrupt. Like the professor said, they couldn't cut it at the police academy or school so that was their only option.

Funny that you see that most of these COs are women. That's why they can get taken advantage of so easily by inmates. In NY, especially at Rikers they are looking for men to come in and work because a large portion of their staff is female.

As a public servant, if you make 96k which deputy wardens do, that's getting paid.

Last edited:

Didn't know this.

Orthopedic surgeons, get paid. Patent lawyers, get paid. Tech entrepreneurs who go IPO, get paid.

Correctional officers, high school teachers, and your local friendly Spiderman, don't get paid.

Last edited:
Im not saying COs are "getting paid" but A lot of COs clear 100k with starting salary because of overtime.

Didn't know this.

Bruh, you know less than 20% of households, HOUSEHOLDS, in the US make over 100k?*

In reality, 50k for a non degree job is ******g excellent.

I'm glad you're aiming high doe.

*http://www.analystforum.com/forums/careers/91314029

Bruh, you know less than 20% of households, HOUSEHOLDS, in the US make over 100k?*

im saying..cuz in here talking like his first job was 250k a yr...probably buying the grapes tomorrow with daddies credit card...

here in the real world, where real life happens and EVERYONE isnt afforded the luxury of 10 years of school to be a lawyer, or dr, etc...50k is GETTING PAID....plain nd simple...

Nters stay with their nose in the air like ur shhh dont stink...grow up

Word. Name me 5 other non-degree professions where you can even top 35k starting out.
How do those guards look though?
sick.gif

Gross.
I bet they look like Amerie after a few all-male years.

On topic tho, this type of **** happens all the time. I used to work at the PD's office and go up to the prisons sometimes, COs STAY getting fired for "fraternizing".

im saying..cuz in here talking like his first job was 250k a yr...probably buying the grapes tomorrow with daddies credit card...

here in the real world, where real life happens and EVERYONE isnt afforded the luxury of 10 years of school to be a lawyer, or dr, etc...50k is GETTING PAID....plain nd simple...

Nters stay with their nose in the air like ur shhh dont stink...grow up

ALL OF THIS! A couple of NTers make 6 figures and wanna go around actin holier than thou :smh: ... 50K starting in this economy is GREAT PLUS UNLIMITED OT, that right there will get you close enough to 100K. Mind you, we talking about 24-25 yr olds with a high school diploma and no college degree!! You know how many dudes out here would kill for a 50K starting salary??

I did a PAT for a Corrections job on Monday. The instructors were rude and acting like hard *****. Couple cute interviewees. One chick failed the situps. Felt bad for her. Starting pay was $42,000 fyi. And I have a 4 year degree. I think it's safe to say I'm going to go the probation route. Chief probation officers in my area make $100K

Back
Top Bottom