How to comparison shop for Auto insurance?

phen0m

Banned
How is every doing it? Just pick an insurance provider and go? I haven't found any comparison sites except insurance.org or something to that effect.

I just checked out Geico then checked another one... Geico was cheaper so I just went with them...doing a quote for every company takes forever so forget that :lol:

had mercury for like 1.5 years, DIRT cheap, cost me like $140-160 for 6 months for the most basic liability insurance (94 camry). I got it cuz i was broke :lol: , but also because i only drive like 4-6k per year and mostly local, and never been in a car accident either when i was driving. Downside is that if an illegal immigrant hit me, or if i hit an expensive car (30k+) i would be screwed badly.

fortunately got off it and under my dad's USAA policy.

Last edited:
^^ yeah :/ was hoping there was an easier way. Been with the same company since forever

IF YOU CALL A INSURANCE COMPANY DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR CELL NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They shall call you every week, everyday and ask you to switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIve them a house number!!!!

all the new employee at insurance company are alway given 100 -1000 of phone number of people that called for quote but didnt buy a policy. That person job to to call you back  asking for another quote, once your in there system they email you, mail you letter and call you non-stop!!!

online the best, no one calling you or bugging you, if you decide to go with the company then call them, they might find you more discounts or a better deal.

Last edited:
On sort of a related note if I have points on my DMV and three years passes since the incidents do I have to petition for them to come off or do they do it automatically?

Back
Top Bottom