How was the early 2000s?

I remember bumping Ludacris and 50 Cent in the school lot at lunch lol. Peeps were thinking they were cool trying to get $5 a peace for burned copies of The Eminem show and Get Rich or Die Trying the next year.

Last edited:

huge hit, everyone was doing the dance that came with the song...

Yeah, it sure was a huge hit. I remember that song, that group is from Spain. A fun & danceable hit song, just like the hit song from the 90s the ''Macarena'' that was also from Spain and it also had a dance to it.

Last edited:
Good times. Im 37 so I remember all of this. I was in college at the time. 9/11 was crazy went to cop The Blueprint came back turned on the news & the site of it all. Smh. But loved the music & technology came up.

Flavor of Love started the whole VH1 reality shows
106 & Park was a staple
Pinwheel hats and 52 long jerseys

Mon-fri around 6pm the block was empty. Everybody was inside somebody else crib watching 106 n park. U knew where all the homies was at when u seen everybody bike at someone crib. Cracking the fire hydrant open on hot summer days, riding the back of the ice cream truck.

The 2000s was a real good time. I remember in the mid 2000s everyone still wore baggy clothes then around 2006/2007 the dressing like the 80s fitted clothing trend came into effect. The shottas had started it and then it became popular. The internet was brand new.  My main social media was blackplanet which I had since 2001. Aol chatrooms was the wave you could just hop into random chat rooms and hit up shorties with the a/s/l 
roll.gif
.  Mad social media sites popped up , tagged, crushspot, hi5 , migente, myspace I was on them all.

911 changed how everyone acted I remember seeing the smoke from the towers from Brooklyn. if you didnt have cable( which I didnt) all the channels except for channel 2 was down.

Cell phones became common place that decade ( and the videos of chicks getting trains ran on them soon followed) . You was the man if you had the blue and black nextel with the camera or a razor phone later on and of course blackberries, palm , and sidekicks. Side kicks were so popular that I had to get another phone to feel original. Yo before social media took off and women got gassed up by the horde of simps in their inboxes. It was so easy to holla at shorties. Every region had their own style and it took lingo and styles years to move around unlike today where if someone makes up new slang in Chicago someone in Japan will be using it 2 hours later.

All the hot stuff like parties, hot sneaker releases was more exclusive like word of mouth type of deal.

oh yeah Bk was still kind of ruff alot of people had to resort to being stickup kids before scamming became popular. A lot more petty crime. Had to stay on your toes, I literally scene dude creep on kids in a van hop out and bang em with a hammer ( the tool) In Brooklyn gangs used to wild out and flood your block with people to jump you like if you messed with the wrong gang member your block would be full of people ( end to end) looking like a block party. A lot of that flash mob stuff you see in the news was like a daily thing in Bk. (oh yeah no world star hip hop so people were not recording themselves breaking the law so it was easier to get away with doing hood rat things ( now a days cameras are everywhere).

Akademiks, encyee , pradas was hot and you was the flyest dude if you had a vanson. Oh yeah used to spend hours playing super smash bros melee with friends. Dudes even had video game clubs at gamestores dudes would meet up and play.

oh yeah Yugioh Card tournaments was a thing. Used to love to Du Du Du Duel!!!!!!

Dudes used to get robbed like od for pokemon cards ,yugioh cards gameboys,  and bikes.

and when you was meeting up with dudes you used to need faith that they would show up and sometimes waste a good 45 minutes waiting for them and they never showed up

Last edited:
Im late to tge reggaeton discussion but i used to listen to wisin y yandel..i had a gf that was puerto rican and thats all she listened too

Back
Top Bottom