How was the early 2000s?

Im 18 and during the early 2000s I was around 6, so I was aware of how **** was but now when I hear about back then, I hear it was smooth as hell and way more different than time now. So, how was it different than this era in terms of lifestyle, music, parties hangin with people etc. 

Edit: And don't post obvious **** like oversized jerseys. I can just watch some old Fab video and see that ****. Explain how the vibe was how life is different, songs that make you remember something from back then etc.

Last edited:
Dang, I'm only 22 but i Cant imagine not remembering life in the 90's. You missed out. Technology, mostly smart phones, have ruined everything.

Damn, makes me feel old as hell...

Class of 2000 :wow:

Kind of the time before technology boomed and took over our lives.

Parties were wild, and it was all word of mouth. Talking to girls was actually talking to girls, communication was done via land line. Going on the internet was done via land line :smile:lol). Gas was cheaper.

Just different, we have more information now than we know what to do with.

Dang, I'm only 22 but i Cant imagine not remembering life in the 90's. You missed out. Technology, mostly smart phones, have ruined everything.
Yeaa sometimes I think that. People would actually go out and do **** but now they can't because of the convenience of smartphones.

Last edited:
as an 11-12 year old, the late 90's early 2000's were awesome for a kid. The tv shows and cartoons didnt suck like today, dope video games.

I'm 27 and I remember around the late 90s and early 2000s....

AOL.

jumping from 56k to DSL.

Dudes wore really baggy clothes and urban wear was really in.

And 1 or streetball was really in too. Dudes used to be waiting for the FootAction tapes.

On NT: summits already happen in all regions.

Skytel pagers.

Da black and white Sidekick.

Economy was quite well.

In the late 90s, lots of kids in middle school used to watch TRL daily after school :lol:

A lot had that red NY Yankees hat like Fred Durst.

Music wise, No Limit was making a lot of noise.

Used to love watching Rap City after school :pimp:

Do u remember 9/11 op?
Yeaa I was 6 and I remember my grandmother picking me up early from school and I was confused as hell and when I went home saw the news and was scared cause my mom worked over there and I prayed that she was alright. Lol I was a mature *** kid.

The early 2000's was before facebook and twitter, and smartphones. I remember talking to people on MSN Messenger which is dead now I think. I remember travelling to Europe in 2002, with my sony minidisc music player. Basically social media and smartphones have killed everything and connects people to people and information instantly. 

There's pros and cons to this major recent influx of technology, personally I hate most of it. 

I remember you could go on yahoo messenger and meet actual girls. I remember skipping on going to the club so I could set up dates off messenger. It was mostly come to my house and we can make out in the pool house. Summertimes were fire.

Before Facebook there was blackplanet.com

Jordan Retro craze started.

Oversized tall tees and jerseys

Bubble Eye whips

that time was the perfect balance between technology and interpersonal contact and relationships.
texting changed the game. before then, you killed the voice to voice interactions for a couple of hours at night. nowadays, you don't even talk to people anymore. straight texting.

that time was the perfect balance between technology and interpersonal contact and relationships.
Hit the nail on the head. 

We had just enough technology to be able to stay connected... and not enough technology to keep us consumed.  This balance helped us fully enjoy the moment we were in. 

People don't enjoy the moment like they used to. 

texting changed the game. before then, you killed the voice to voice interactions for a couple of hours at night. nowadays, you don't even talk to people anymore. straight texting.
Taking it back before the cell phones, you had to call the house and be on your game in case her mom or dad answered.

this makes me feel old

early 2000's were easily the best times of my life; the smart phone forever changed how people act these days

2001 :pimp:

Son...the best of times. None of this thirst bs, and it was more purity in the usage of the internet in that era.

Trees and liq were all dudes were on back then, but now it's more than that. 

I loved the early 00's, graduated hs in 02...and if you tried to twist up a rillo you would have gotten laughed at...
laugh.gif

Not much loud was around in the hood, but where I'm at in NC, the trip to the mountains was almost every other weekend. That's where it was at...and it still is...
pimp.gif

Most of the dudes in the hood were on the Bobby Brown back then. 

There weren't as many sweet black dudes back then either, I mean it may have been one or two, but now it's a ton of em...
mean.gif

All that funny stuff popped up out of nowhere...it seems like in the late 00's. 

Last edited:
The Fast and the Furious

Ja Rule killing radio in his prime

Staying out all night with girls you like

Breaking up with my first love and learning from it

Buying my first new car (Toyota Celica)

2001 was my year of becoming a man :pimp:

after school life as a middle-schooler....

watch MTV and BET non-stop for MUSIC VIDEOS

watch some family sitcoms

then watch WWF or WCW

sleep, repeat :lol:

and we used AIM to keep in touch. weekends kick it with cousins and go on AOL chatrooms to troll :lol:

whenever I watch a movie from that time period, i always wanna try to grasp what it was actually like in the adult world though. when I see movies from the 60s, 70,s 80s, early 90s there's just a vibe and feel to that period that you pick up on. I'm never really able to catch a distinct feeling of what it was like in that time period either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom