Huarache 2K4 is Back 2016

Hard to say. The only older shoes that really hold up for me (and should be retro'd asap) are the Zoom BBs.
Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on them giving us 2 huarache 2k4 retros before the BBs returned. But I do understand that the BB was something that was kind of slept on and might not do well if you bring them back out again. 

Anyone have a short review or anything of these? My purple 2012 Retros were horrible because they keep coming undone on the strap and mine ripped everywhere. I had to replace them like 3 times and the pair I have now still ripped everywhere. I have my OGs and they're still good but the traction is worn. I'm hoping these have a good Velcro strap and better materials than the 2012 retro cuz those left me super disappointed to where I will never by a Nike retro again

Debating between these and the CrazyLight 2016...

Last edited:
So I ended up copping the blue suede colorway and omg, these are true to the OG (minus the insole, I might just swap the insole from my OGs and call it a day). I think I impulse bought a half size too big because they were on sale for $100 and only had a few sizes left. Luckily another store has them for $100 as well so I'm going to return them today and get my regular 9.5 size.

The Zoom felt nice right out of the box, Phylon is softer, and the strap is back to its original strength as the OGs. It was tough getting them after trying on the CrazyLight Boost but I think I'm sticking with the 2k4. I could feel the heel issue already on the CrazyLight Boost 2016 in both my regular and half size down.

My theory on the 2012 retros is this: I just realized that they were being sold at finish line, and Kobe has an exclusive contract with FootLocker and those chain of stores. I never stopped to think, but I believe those were not "true 2k4s", if that makes sense? Why are the 2016 versions only being sold at FootLocker, Champs, etc, but the 2012 pair was sold EVERYWHERE? I think Nike made some crappy versions and slapped the 2k4 name on them (even though they actually are 2k4s).

So I ended up copping the blue suede colorway and omg, these are true to the OG (minus the insole, I might just swap the insole from my OGs and call it a day).

The Zoom felt nice right out of the box, Phylon is softer, and the strap is back to its original strength as the OGs.

I told you they were on point :smokin

I told you they were on point :smokin

Correct bro, I'm so happy. I actually never had a pair of the originals until I was an adult (eBay). I was more into the 2k5 more because of their look vs the 2k4 and they were the first I ever dunked in. Heard all the hype (even from Kobe) so I had to get a pair from eBay and now I understand lol. Still love the 2k5, but man these are more anatomically correct with your foot shape.

The only problem with my pair is even my 9.5 is a LITTLE too big. Luckily the strap helps but I could've definitely gone size 9. Already shot around to break them in and this is my exchange pair so I'm not gonna try again (unless a strap breaks or have quality issues like the 2k12 pair). I forgot that the suede color ways have different fit than the leather and nubuck colorways.

Still beastly, wifey was mad but I told her she'll just have to understand this time lol. $100 is an automatic no brainer cop, and I will cop another pair when they drop in price again (we all know it's coming lol).

Last edited:
Maybe try double socking?

I actually lucked out (in a sense), played my first game in them 10 mins ago. Midsole is AMAZING, Zoom is responsive, but my feet were SWIMMING in them. Unfortunately they started splitting and ripping on me on the side of my right foot so I'm going to return them tomorrow for a half size down. I want the suede jet stream colorway no matter what, just need to try a size 9 (8.5 would be the first time I've ever had to go that low from my usual 9.5 but my feet were SWIMMING tonight).

Once I get my correct size I'll be good again. It seems like the strap might be a LITTLE weak still and that if I go down to my correct size I don't think they'll be sticking that strong. We'll see, I still have hope because the rest of the shoe is amazing (especially the Phylon and Zoom, so much better than the 2012 pair)

Last edited:
^^^ bruh size matters not.
You will tear every pair
I hope not man, I just needed to get a half size lower so that they will fit better.  My regular 9.5 in this colorway didn't contain my foot at all, my foot slid around like crazy.  I just got back from the store and they exchanged them for a size 9.  I just pray these pair don't rip because I do not feel like dealing with Nike.

I went through 3 pairs of the 2k12 version, white/purple....

Last edited:
^^^ bruh size matters not.
You will year every pair
I hope not man, I just needed to get a half size lower so that they will fit better.  My regular 9.5 in this colorway didn't contain my foot at all, my foot slid around like crazy.  I just got back from the store and they exchanged them for a size 9.  I just pray these pair don't rip because I do not feel like dealing with Nike.

I went through 3 pairs of the 2k12 version, white/purple....

I dont think its a size issue as I have literally always worn my shoes half a size small for hoops.
Its the material itself becomes soggy and taps out.
This is a shoe that, and it pains me to say this but..... this shoe would be better with flywire and fuse.
Purely for containment and durability.

I love the outsole, midsole , shank and heel counter but I just want to burn the upper to the ground.
A quick update could make this a competitive option

Yea I see what you're saying. I luckily got my size 9 and they at least fit better and contain my foot. My OG 2k4 is nubuck and they fit like a sock. Just got done shooting around and they feel absolutely perfect this time. I still have hope that they won't rip but we will see. I just love this shoe so much that even if they did tear a little I'd probably just tough it out.

The only problem I've had so far is the strap WILL come undone if you don't give them time to "stick", so the strap still kinda sucks like the 2012 pair and are not like the OGs (those things stuck like glue right when you attach it). I love the strap extra tight on my OGs, so when I do that on these and just take off, they break off. If I get them time to "stick" (meaning I strap them tight, don't move my foot for a few secs, kind of pull the strap back and forth a little, and make sure the hooks of the velcro are "secure") I can achieve a tight ankle strap fit. The ankle strap just helps my heel stay locked in and stay more secure.

Last edited:
can't believe Nike charging $150 for the hyperdunk retro minus the midfoot carbon fiber piece. NIKE PLEASE BRING BACK ZOOM BB, ZOOM FLIGHT 2K3, Zoom ultraflight and Zoom turbine

Guys, if you're on the fence, COP THESE RIGHT AWAY. Played again in them tonight and going down half size was the perfect decision for the midnight suede color way. These are really true to the OGs (except for the insole, which I stI'll have my OG insoles if I really wanted them that bad). The Zoom and Phylon are bouncy, not dense like the 2012 (the new ones are softer Phylon and squishier). The lockdown is insane for the heel, and the strap stays attached. I'm not sure why the 2012 pair sucked but I'm so happy they corrected these. My 2012 pair actually feel OK now for outdoor hooping, but I actually went and bought material to make a new strap adhesive because the straps sucked. The traction is bananas, of course, and I'm definitely copping every color way when they drop prices again. I'm still completely happy for $100, but having more pairs for cheap will happen....these are that close to the OG

Make sure you try them on in store first depending on color way. I'm not sure how the leather ones fit, I'm guessing TTS, but the suede color way definitely has a little more room. For that sock fit that the originals provided I had to drop .5, but it may not be the same for the leather and nubuck color ways.

Last edited:
@jrdatrackstar23  appreciate the feedback.  I've been sold, just haven't jumped on some yet as I've been on a streak of literally picking up nothing.  They will be had 
smokin.gif

@jrdatrackstar23  appreciate the feedback.  I've been sold, just haven't jumped on some yet as I've been on a streak of literally picking up nothing.  They will be had 
smokin.gif
I was going to wait until they dropped down in price (like in 2012) but I saw them in the windows at Foot Locker for $100.  Asked about how many sizes they had and he said they had been moving them pretty quickly once the price drop came.  I tried them on thinking they wouldn't feel like the OGs, but right out of the box the Phylon and Zoom felt better than my 2012 pair ever did.  Didn't want to take any chances of them disappearing so I copped instantly....

Man I am just so happy they kept these like the originals. The more you wear/play in them, the more they take your foot shape and get the broken-in baseball glove type feel. Nike got it right this time (finally), definitely copping more so that I'm set for life basically when the price drops more. I pray ppl keep sleeping on them so I can cop tons more pairs of the All Star colorways and Midnight Suede colorways

Back
Top Bottom