Huarache 2K4 is Back 2016

I don't want to hype these out of the water, because I'm sure some of the models today beat them out in terms of overall feel/performance, but it was definitely a pioneering shoe.  I think you're fine to wait it out, these aren't moving much at all.

I haven't heard of any other colorways coming.  I won't get my hopes up for the jetstream/royal pair but I would probably buy those instantly at retail haha
You mean the UConn colorway?  I thought that was the colorway that is currently out?  Is the jetstream/royal a grey pair or something?  The UConn is an OG colorway, as well as the All Star colorway.  The others are newer colors.

Last edited:

You mean the UConn colorway?  I thought that was the colorway that is currently out?  Is the jetstream/royal a grey pair or something?  The UConn is an OG colorway, as well as the All Star colorway.  The others are newer colors.
The jetstream/royal pair I'm referring to is this one. A subtle grey look w/ white and royal details - they got scuffed and beat pretty easily but they were super clean...

Last edited:

I don't want to hype these out of the water, because I'm sure some of the models today beat them out in terms of overall feel/performance, but it was definitely a pioneering shoe.  I think you're fine to wait it out, these aren't moving much at all.

I haven't heard of any other colorways coming.  I won't get my hopes up for the jetstream/royal pair but I would probably buy those instantly at retail haha
If they perform like the OG's I'm sure I can save a spot for them in the rotation, on discount lol.  I feel the same way about the white/blk/red pair and the blk/grey pair.  I might not wait so long for those if they come out haha

The jetstream/royal pair I'm referring to is this one. A subtle grey look w/ white and royal details - they got scuffed and beat pretty easily but they were super clean...
Oh yea, I remember these.  Prof K mentioned these in the review and said they were the jetstreams.  Wow, I thought the UConns were lol.  That's the same material as my OGs, except they were a darker grey.  I would definitely cop these if they dropped.

USA retro is 50% off on Villa...
Good stuff...thanks. They don't have my size in either colorways that are on sale 
tired.gif
mad.gif

Last edited:
USA retro is 50% off on Villa...
I still see $150 for the USA

i copped my asg 10.5 from them. Would cop another pair or 2 but they're out. These are easily among my fav shoes with the kobe 5, 8, 9, and cfd.

Last edited:
I've always gone down half a size in these, as they fit long for me.

As for the suede colorway - nah, won't touch those. The original black/grey joints were made in suede, but Nike changed them to durabuck after it was found that the suede wasn't supportive enough to hoop in. Durabuck or leather is the only way to go with these.

I've always gone down half a size in these, as they fit long for me.

As for the suede colorway - nah, won't touch those. The original black/grey joints were made in suede, but Nike changed them to durabuck after it was found that the suede wasn't supportive enough to hoop in. Durabuck or leather is the only way to go with these.
Interesting, I'm  definitely copping the black/yellow pair now.

Separate subject, but how does the Kobe 6 compare to these?  I only hooped in the 4,5,8, and 9.  The closest shoe is obviously the 5 for me, but I wonder how these would've compared to the 6 since the 6 had a thicker midsole (which was the problem with the 5, it was too soft)?

Separate subject, but how does the Kobe 6 compare to these?  I only hooped in the 4,5,8, and 9.  The closest shoe is obviously the 5 for me, but I wonder how these would've compared to the 6 since the 6 had a thicker midsole (which was the problem with the 5, it was too soft)?
For as good as good as my memory is, I think I feel the same about the Kobe 6 midsole as I did about these.  The Kobe 6 came with a thicker insole too which took some time to break in -- once it does though, it's money 
smokin.gif
 imo

Kobe V is probably my fave Kobe, but the 6 is not far behind.  It's definitely nice to have something a little thicker under foot that still gives great court feel

I'll be able to draw the comparisons better when these blk/yellow 2k4s arrive and I can jog my memory 
laugh.gif

I also find the 2k4s to be very similar to the 5 but the cushioning is a bit firmer  I like the 5 more than the 6 because i had some heel slip in the 6 while the 5 locked me down perfectly. Cushioning wise, the 6 is thicker. If you want more cushion than the 5 than the 6 would be good. Just make sure to lace up tight. I did but the lockdown still wasnt as good as the 5, 2k4, or cfd. The 2k4s are lower to the ground than the kobe 6.

So the 2012 releases are garbage? Theres a lush teal colorway on ebay for $70 that got me thinking

Last edited:
^Yeah also about the KB VI -- the only way I lace those up for hoop is with the "runner's loop" (or some call it "lace-locking" technique).  That helps heel slip tremendously.  Plus when they really mold to your foot the slip is definitely reduced

Last edited:
Thanks guys!  I would rather just cop more pairs of the 2k4 instead of the Kobe VI lol, unless I find a pair cheap enough and get them for collecting purposes (though the Kobe V was an amazing shoe, one of my all time favs).  

Yes, definitely stay away from the '12 pairs, the midsole is firmer and the Zoom is definitely not as noticeable.  The strap also sucks, and all 3 pairs of mine ripped (kept having to exchange them).  I DID have a seem rip on these newer ones, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the 2012 ones.  So far, after breaking mine in, the 2016 pairs are just fine.  I only keep my purple/white 2012 pair available for outdoor hooping since the firmer midsole is better for that and I can trash them without worrying about them.

Just forgot...TTS for the leather all star colorway as well??
Yup

i went tts on the asg.
^ What he said haha.  Even in the 2012 pair, I went TTS and they fit fine (which was the leather white/purple colorway).  I'm actually excited to get a pair of the black and yellow to see if they have the same sock-fit as my OG since it's durabuck.  If I love the suede ones this much the durabuck ones are gonna be crazy lol.

Black/yellow pair came in. Amazing feeling slipping these things back on, brings me back to some good hooping days haha

Won't get to play in them until maybe Monday unfortunately but I'm ready

Got my grey/university blue and the durabuck feels stiffer than the asg upper. The asg's were comfy from the start and no break in time needed. How long is the break in time for the durabuck? and is the durabuck more durable vs the leather?

Last edited:
Good question, I'd be curious to find out myself. I'm going to have to get a durabuck pair once they go for a cheaper price soon. I would guess the leather would last longer.

Good question, I'd be curious to find out myself. I'm going to have to get a durabuck pair once they go for a cheaper price soon. I would guess the leather would last longer.
if that's the case, I won't mind copping a few more ASGs on sale since they're more comfy from the go. 2k4's will be my new go shoe with the cfd since Lunarlon goes quick in the kobes.

Last edited:
Agreed, tho I am eager to try the Crazy Explosive (with all the good press it has been getting). I'm so glad these are trustworthy tho and like the originals. Started to lose hope for a second lol...

Agreed, tho I am eager to try the Crazy Explosive (with all the good press it has been getting). I'm so glad these are trustworthy tho and like the originals. Started to lose hope for a second lol...
btw i tried on my kobe 6 with thicker socks and the heel slip went away. But i wouldn't wear thicker socks normally with them becuz its a narrower shoe.

Nice I still really want a pair just to try, especially since I loved the Kobe V so much
Definitely do so if you come across a good deal. If I had heel slip before, it was very minor and probably got better with break in. Plus I'm not the most reliable reference for fit since I get heel slip so often with lows. They're a favorite among many so don't pass on a good deal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom