Huarache 2K4 is Back 2016

8FxEa.gif

Do the uconn's use the same nubuck as the wolf grey and black/yellows? I prefer the leather on the asg

Last edited:
^^ Actually no, they use suede, which is you want to stay away from for performance. My Uconns are amazing still, but they're not as snug fitting as my durabuck ones because suede isn't form fitting on basketball shoes. I remember reading that they actually stopped producing the suede ones, which is why I think the Uconns were the only ones made with suede (at least released publicly)

Last edited:
^^ Actually no, they use suede, which is you want to stay away from for performance. My Uconns are amazing still, but they're not as snug fitting as my durabuck ones because suede isn't form fitting on basketball shoes. I remember reading that they actually stopped producing the suede ones, which is why I think the Uconns were the only ones made with suede (at least released publicly)
i actually put my wolf greys up on ebay becuz i dont like the upper as much as the asg. Does suede not hold up in hoop shoes?

KicksUSA has the UConn and ASG for 119.9 plus 35% off code airmax35,

Anyone cop with them before? how fast do they ship?

Thanks

Hmm I'm not sure then. I know the upper of my OGs should be the same as the pair you put on eBay. I'll have to try a pair on now at he store to see, but yea, my Uconns aren't AS snug 04s but they're still my favorite shoes to ball in. They allow a little movement within the shoe so I just have to tie them a little tighter now that the upper has broken in.

^yes quality is way better than last round. I have a white/purple pair so I would let you know for sure. The midsole feels better, not as hard and the Zoom feels more responsive.

KicksUSA has the UConn and ASG for 119.9 plus 35% off code airmax35,

Anyone cop with them before? how fast do they ship?

Thanks
they ship pretty fast, ordered once from them and I got my shoes in 5 business days

It's so weird how I don't have any more knee pain after playing like I used to after playing in the Rose 6s now that I have been playing in my Huarache 2k4s. I still have Achilles heel pain in the morning after playing but it isn't as bad as it was with the Rose 6. I don't know why the Boost got so firm on my Rose 6 that they became uncomfortable after around 5 months of playing in them. The cushioning in the 2k4, though not as much, feels softer and more responsive than the Boost in my Rose 6.

Last edited:
Was the rose 6 your only hoop shoe before? Maybe boost still has a lifespan though its more durable than other foams

Was the rose 6 your only hoop shoe before? Maybe boost still has a lifespan though its more durable than other foams
Rose 6, then Kobe IX before that, then Kobe 8 before that.  I loved all of them, still loved my Kobe IX, the Lunarlon wasn't bad actually (better than the Kobe 8 because it still has life), but I was really curious about Boost.  The Boost felt great, bouncy, and amazing at first for like the first month.  Then it lost the bounce and cushion feeling, then lately it is just firm and no bounce.  It can be a soft at times (after playing in them for a while, like 30 mins), but there is no bounce.  At least with Zoom, there is feedback/bounce and the Phylon combo with it makes it feel the way I expected Boost to feel.

I will say, I've had inconsistent experiences with Boost with the Rose 6 though.  I had a pair of Primeknits, and the Boost was AMAZING.  Soft, bouncy, everything.  Unfortunately, I had to return them because they were too small and they didn't have my size, so I don't know how long the Boost would've lasted on those.  Ever since I've had to accept vouchers because I had to exchange them so many times, so I basically ended up with pairs that were probably defective when it came to the Boost or something.  

Last edited:
I don't know why they won't bring that colorway back. Those were the go to shoes in 2004. Especially since they match my high school colors

I don't know why they won't bring that colorway back. Those were the go to shoes in 2004. Especially since they match my high school colors
Yea when we got news of them returning with a number of cw's i really expected these to be one...smh cmon nike

Anyone else been playing in their 2k4s and loving them? I'm especially curious from those who had the 2012 retro pairs. I have been playing for a month in mine and now my knee, back, and random pains have gone away. I dumped the D Rose 6 and am totally happy, which is weird. You'd think Boost would kill these but I was actually in the MOST pain I've ever been in in a shoe while wearing those (especially my Achilles heels, omg!).

I'm curious from others who have the leather and non suede color ways. Are the nubuck pairs like the originals as far as the sock like fit and cushioning are concerned?

Last edited:
Anywhere else have that Ruvilla price??? I know for a minute they were 75 but I need a 9.5 and they got marked back up.  

Back
Top Bottom