Hung out with Jeremy Lin last night

its funny im supposed to be some typical NTER when the Op said himself he was too extra.

do u not read? chopping it up isn't being extra and trying to entertain.

i realize what it is, most ppl complying about what i said have found themselves in similar situations and trying to be over the top cool guy

:smh:

its funny im supposed to be some typical NTER when the Op said himself he was too extra.

do u not read? chopping it up isn't being extra and trying to entertain.

i realize what it is, most ppl complying about what i said have found themselves in similar situations and trying to be over the top cool guy

:smh:

Never been in that situation other than a few guys I've known who played pro sports but none were really easily recognizable superstars. Since I already knew them, there was no need to try to impress. I knew dudes in college who'd go out of their way to try to gain acceptance from football & basketball players and it was shameful.

I can kinda get what you're saying but I think there's a big difference in intent. Some of these females show up with the sole purpose of getting ****** by an athlete and will do whatever it takes. OP got caught up while he was in the situation of being around an athlete and went a little too far to gain acceptance. If everything he's saying is true, his was a spur of the moment type effort while jersey chasers have their sights set from the start. More of a conscious vs. subconscious action.

*baller alert, baller allert*
he just wanted a piece of that ballerific lifestyle :lol:

Good to hear that he's humble

That's funny, cause no one has said anything otherwise except the NY media directly after him signing with the Rockets, and mostly Knick fans.

Legitimately cool story bro :pimp:

:rofl: @ the Toney Douglas voucher

Interesting you call the females Jersey chasers, meanwhile You Put on and tried to entertain and interact with Jeremy Lin too... you see the irony in that?

There's a difference with drinking beers with the guys and girls trying to smash and make a come up

no there isnt.

did you read all of his posts? heres what he ssaid

Here's the thing... not sure if this happens to anyone else in these situations, but I caught myself trying to entertain him and interact with him. Sort of embarrassing when I realized it. .

its the same as what the females do, except their end game is to get smashed. his end game (Im assuming he didnt want the smashing) is to be the "cool guy who got to hang with Jeremy Lin" No difference. Ive seen it before , still see it. he caught himself doing it, but was rather quick with judging the females who were looking for "attention"

Males going too far for Athletes attention is Just as bad and every bit "Jersey Chaser" as females throwing the box at them.

thats all

I guess I could be a little more clear.

ME: Invited by high school friend to hang out with her friends downtown after the game. Three of them ended up being Lin, Parsons, Delfino. I ended up sitting next to Lin. Asked him a couple questions about other NBA players we mutually knew, Houston, etc. Normal conversation. Realized to myself after a while that the only reason I was talking to him was because he was Lin, and he was a normal guy. Went on to meet and talk to other people in our group. After a couple hours, shook hands and went our separate ways.

JERSEY CHASERS: Came and met up with us after the explicit offer of "Do you want to hang out with NBA players?" from a guy we were with. Acted like idiots the whole night, blatantly threw themselves at Parsons and Lin (Delfino didn't get any attention :lol:), ended up puking and crying in our hotel room.

In no way did I "go too far." You weren't there, either. I had a couple drinks and introduced myself to the people we were with, like any other situation.

If you were seated next to someone you didn't know and didn't at least introduce yourself, that would be rude, right? Maybe GUNNA wouldn't because he doesn't want to look thirsty like the girls. Stoneface the whole night, huh?

What I meant was that it clicked in my head that these are just normal guys. I caught myself racking my brain for questions to ask him (like anyone else would, btw), because I knew it was a special situation... but then I lost interest and moved on. Do you get it?

Last edited:
Lin a cool dude. Chatted with him for a bit in the club in Vegas before he blew up.

Nobody knew him, hell girls looked at him as a creeper. Looked behind and just walked away :lol: but while talking to him, you can definitely tell he's very easy to approach and talk to. I'm still dying at those girls.

PS, homie has no rhythm hahaha.

Good stuff OP.
I've been a Lin fan since his Harvard days (We got the same chinese last name, same age, both from the bay, both econ majors, both christian).
I was hyped to meet him after a Warriors "We Believe" charity game. After the game (which Lin's team won), I approached him on the floor with my Lin swingman under my Curry swingman. I lifted up the Curry jersey and asked Lin for an autograph and he yelled at me "TAKE THAT OFF MAN!" and walked away angrily.
Still hurts to this day :smh:

lolwut

He's a good dude. People mention he's down-to-earth, "Tebow-esque" because of his Christianity, but really I feel it stems also from the Asian-American upbringing. As a Taiwanese-American myself, growing up in the same area he did in the Bay Area, I relate to him culturally 100% even though I'm not Christian.

^ he wasn't with James unless I read the story wrong

If I had to do an activity with a certain NBA player I'd light one up with Michael Beasley

You know he has to have that crazy ganja

Blonde girl's brother knows Chandler Parsons, and we all ended up out with Lin for a couple hours last night. Went out to a few bars, was with Parsons and Delfino for most of the night. Met up later with Tony Douglas, James Harden, Marcus Morris.

^ he wasn't with James unless I read the story wrong
If I had to do an activity with a certain NBA player I'd light one up with Michael Beasley
You know he has to have that crazy ganja

Looks like you didn't even read the first paragraph :stoneface:

Last edited:
U didn't ask James his #NT experiences?? Lawl.

What's that? I never heard that story, guessing it's funny :lol:

I was with Harden for like 5-10 minutes. We just talked about the new Game album.

And I've been around Beasley a decent amount... he's not a cool person. Total airhead/jerk. He almost snubbed 10 terminally ill cancer children because he would rather play video games in the players lounge. His handler had to literally beg him to meet with the kids.

cool story, i still dont like the guy though. coward his way out of the miami playoff series last season :smh:

cool story, i still dont like the guy though. coward his way out of the miami playoff series last season :smh:

I guess I can't change how you feel, but I'd encourage you not to let someone's on-court/on-field performance influence your opinion towards them. Some of the most bum NBA players have been awesome guys. For instance, everyone in Timberwolves land is ripping on Brandon Roy for his constant knee issues, but he's truly one of my top 3 best players to talk to in my experience. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

Then again, modern sports aren't reasonable. Just remember that they're people. If they flop in a playoff series, well, that happens. Doesn't change who they are.

Back
Top Bottom