- = HYPERFEEL thread = -

yw.. im tempted to get these but i have way too many white/black black/white shoes... my weakness.

Same here, I'm just a sucker for blk/wht (white upper w/ black sole or black upper with white sole) colorways. I only have different color performance shoes because those tends to be whats left on the sales racks. :lol:

When it's blk/wht I don't mind paying retail at all.

Oh man, thanks guys I just got my pair from Nordstrom Tuesday and they just price matched for me. Awesome!

just staring at the pair on bloomingdales....i probably shouldn't...but probably will :lol:

have any of these not gone on sale? Seems like there's no point paying retail unless you want it right away. I'm not sure how fast the earlier colorways sold thoug

Tried them on today. Comfy with a minimal feel to it also in regards to cushioning.

Why are these $175?

It's the combination of flyknit upper and new combination of sole/midsole/insole. I guess technically you can call it new tech combining the lunarlon with free sole/insole with new waffle outsole?

have any of these not gone on sale? Seems like there's no point paying retail unless you want it right away. I'm not sure how fast the earlier colorways sold thoug

The went on sale at NDC a few months back, I think it was $120 plus extra 20% off. The TRs are already on sale up by that Bloomingdales link but that's just because it conincided with the Bloomingdales sale not because the particular model is on sale because the TR released just 2 weeks ago.

Blue runners available at NDC now.

Nike-Free-Hyperfeel-Mens-Running-Shoe-596249_410_A.jpg

Started wearing these without socks on and IMO improves the fit and feel a lot. These are 100% meant to be worn without socks. Problem is you'll have to wash them pretty regularly if you use them a lot like I do.

Last edited:
Was leaning toward the military blue/orange but that pic makes the turquoise blue look better than the standard Nike pics.

Can anyone tell me the differences performance wise between trainers and runners?

If I'm looking to run and lift in a pair which one would I go with?

Thanks

Can anyone post a link to a performance review on the TR's I can't seem to find one. Just got my NDC voucher for my ripped wolf greys and looking to switch over, once a better colorway comes out for the TR's

I just received my TRs.  I will post a review once I get some HIIT work in with them but initial impressions after tyring them on is that they are much more stable than the regular hyperfeels.  I think they will be a great for cross fit/HIIT and I look forward to trying them out. 

My Quick Hyperfeel TR review:

For the past 2 weeks I've been using it mainly for HIIT and Plyometrics.

The great thing about this shoe is it's weight and traction, both simply amazing. The flyknit is very light and this may seem like a cliche but it really does feel like I am wearing no shoe. It helps that the ankle ribbing on these aren't as tight or constricting like it was on the FK Frees. TRs ankle also feels like it is cut a bit lower than the FK Frees. Ventilation is spectacular as most would guess due to the flyknit material, I still wear socks with these but my feet never got hot and actually felt really cool when there is a breeze outside. They also specifically made certain parts of the shoe thinner and more flexible, mostly by the toe so it provides great flexibility when moving, jumping, running, etc....

The flywire is great in locking in your shoes, everybody is familiar with this now. You can go without tightening up the flywire and you'd be fine but I feel it really provides better security and more stability for lateral movements.

Traction is great, the threads on the sole are thin and long but they work, probably the best grip in a shoe I've ever had. I was squeaking like crazy when I worked out on wooden floors. If there was a negative though it is the traction threads and how it is shaped. They are great but at a price, they are this little bits of rubber that ARE high but thin (almost like thin rubber cleats) that prodtrudes from a flat outsole unlike Frees or other shoes that are flat outsoles with ridges for traction, the Hyperfeel soles is the opposite. I feel that if you do lots of quick lateral movements and you drag your feet too much especially on concrete or tar, it might come off easily or just wear out quick. This is also why I do not really suggest going on too much runs in these outdoors, I would guess it would be great for quick sprints because of that traction but you'll burn through em quick. If you workout and run indoors though I think it'll last a good while.

The shoe is as close to barefoot trainer shoe from Nike w/o going the womens Cross Bionic Trainer 1.0 route. The shoe is very close to the ground and cushioning is great, the lunar insole hasn't bottomed out and I don't think it'll bottom out anytime soon, at least it doesn't feel like it. ALl the support of your foot is on the insole, like the Kobe 9s, the heel parts of the insole is curved and cups your heels and that provides plenty of stability and balance.

Now the stability, for doing lateral movement, I thought the stability was great and the flywire really shines here as it pulls that extra rubber to the side closer to your foot. It really helps so I suggest you guys tighten that up. With that said, when I did one-legged balance squats, it felt a bit more wobbly because the shoes outsole was rounded and meant to mimic the curvature of your foot instead of the typical Free Trainers that has a wider stance to keep you from falling or rolling your ankle. At first I thought it could be bad but after some thought, it is actually somewhat good for a HIIT/Plyo shoe as it works your legs more, it forces your legs and core to balance your whole body.

So far, this shoe has become my favorite trainer shoe, I love almost everything about the shoe minus the traction life since I do workout outdoors half of the time.

My Quick Hyperfeel TR review:

For the past 2 weeks I've been using it mainly for HIIT and Plyometrics.

The great thing about this shoe is it's weight and traction, both simply amazing. The flyknit is very light and this may seem like a cliche but it really does feel like I am wearing no shoe. It helps that the ankle ribbing on these aren't as tight or constricting like it was on the FK Frees. TRs ankle also feels like it is cut a bit lower than the FK Frees. Ventilation is spectacular as most would guess due to the flyknit material, I still wear socks with these but my feet never got hot and actually felt really cool when there is a breeze outside. They also specifically made certain parts of the shoe thinner and more flexible, mostly by the toe so it provides great flexibility when moving, jumping, running, etc....

The flywire is great in locking in your shoes, everybody is familiar with this now. You can go without tightening up the flywire and you'd be fine but I feel it really provides better security and more stability for lateral movements.

Traction is great, the threads on the sole are thin and long but they work, probably the best grip in a shoe I've ever had. I was squeaking like crazy when I worked out on wooden floors. If there was a negative though it is the traction threads and how it is shaped. They are great but at a price, they are this little bits of rubber that ARE high but thin (almost like thin rubber cleats) that prodtrudes from a flat outsole unlike Frees or other shoes that are flat outsoles with ridges for traction, the Hyperfeel soles is the opposite. I feel that if you do lots of quick lateral movements and you drag your feet too much especially on concrete or tar, it might come off easily or just wear out quick. This is also why I do not really suggest going on too much runs in these outdoors, I would guess it would be great for quick sprints because of that traction but you'll burn through em quick. If you workout and run indoors though I think it'll last a good while.

The shoe is as close to barefoot trainer shoe from Nike w/o going the womens Cross Bionic Trainer 1.0 route. The shoe is very close to the ground and cushioning is great, the lunar insole hasn't bottomed out and I don't think it'll bottom out anytime soon, at least it doesn't feel like it. ALl the support of your foot is on the insole, like the Kobe 9s, the heel parts of the insole is curved and cups your heels and that provides plenty of stability and balance.

Now the stability, for doing lateral movement, I thought the stability was great and the flywire really shines here as it pulls that extra rubber to the side closer to your foot. It really helps so I suggest you guys tighten that up. With that said, when I did one-legged balance squats, it felt a bit more wobbly because the shoes outsole was rounded and meant to mimic the curvature of your foot instead of the typical Free Trainers that has a wider stance to keep you from falling or rolling your ankle. At first I thought it could be bad but after some thought, it is actually somewhat good for a HIIT/Plyo shoe as it works your legs more, it forces your legs and core to balance your whole body.

So far, this shoe has become my favorite trainer shoe, I love almost everything about the shoe minus the traction life since I do workout outdoors half of the time.

Would you say that outsole tred won't last long on a lot of tredmill running? What about running on sidewalks?

Great review btw

For treadmill running, I think it'll be fine.

For sidewalks, I guess it'll be fine for a very light runs of 1-2 miles to warm up? It'll definitely shorten the life of the thread though so I wouldn't recommend it if you can avoid.

Found a pair of the nike hyperfeel trails on eBay for cheap but only size is .5 size up from my tts. I wear an 8 in the lunar flyknit 1's and 2's and an 8 in most nike bball shoes. Anyone have any performance review on the hyperfeel trails and the fit. Wondering if .5 size up would be fine for me. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom