I’m having a hard time doing this on my own…

CC is good to use, just stay within your means. Doesn't mean running up the card
Yeah when I hear folks say they don't like credit cards, it lets me know that they have poor concepts of financial responsibility (whether they're using credit or cash). I get as an individual they might need that restriction for there own self control, but I'm not on the wave that credit cards are a problem.

The wild thing about credit is you kinda need some debit in order to build it up. A controlled debit. You should be able to pay it off when you need to but just chip away at it to get the payment history.

I hated logging in and seeing I had a balance. I paid them off once and said Aite I’m gonna try again and I’m only gonna use them for gas, grocery store and dinning out just to get the points. Soon as I would wipe my card I would pay it off, man that joint still got away from me. I looked down one day and seen my balance was like 1300, I said fts. I paid them off and I’m never going back. Only loan I’m carrying is on one car which I’m bout to go crazy on to knock out and the crib.

Last edited:
Help me understand what is happened here that is making folks trip out like that? :lol:

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo Man, if you move to SD/Bos/DC, you will be in for a rude awakening with the high COL compared to ATL. Stay where you are with that near 100K. It goes MUCH further.

I agree man, but I’ve always wanted to live on the west coast/bigger city. Anytime I’m out in SoCal I tell myself I could live out there. It might not be the right opportunity to move now, but I wanna get out there at some point in my life

I feel like I’ve outgrown Atlanta. The city proper is lowkey tiny. I also need to leave the south lol

It's a simple exit. But it's just scary how many dangerous drivers are out there.

People can’t take this exit without crashing?? Seen the top video in the past but wasn’t sure how the exit actually was :smh: some people don’t need licenses.

I hated logging in and seeing I had a balance. I paid them off once and said Aite I’m gonna try again and I’m only gonna use them for gas, grocery store and dinning out just to get the points. Soon and I would wipe my card I would pay it off, man that joint still got away from me. I looked down one day and seen my balance was like 1300, I said fts. I paid them off and I’m never going back. Only loan I’m carrying is on one car which I’m bout to go crazy on to knock out and the crib.
So like I said, poor concepts of financial responsibility and needing the restriction for your own self control. That doesn't mean credit cards are bad outright.

Just need to think of a system that works for you to handle the CC.
Control what you spend on, pay it off every week or when you get paid, etc. Not real finanicial advice.

We all have strive to do better for ourselves. I'm going to be tracking spending and rebalancing budgets so we can save better.

Financial literacy is important and its never too late to start. Better late than never.

Theres another thread about methods to saving money
https://niketalk.com/threads/52-weeks-savings-challenge-2023-edition.687960/page-30

On a side note, I like how supportive we are in here and trying up do better for ourselves and each other.

Most people assume teaching starts / ends at the bell when that is not the case. I only have 1 planning period every 2 days. 2-3 planning periods a week that’s it.

It’s a block schedule. On Day 1-2-4-6 and on Day 2 1-3-5-7. 30-32 kids in each class. 180 something students. So that’s 3-4.5 hours a week to grade, lesson plan, contact parents.

I and most of my coworkers work through our lunch 4/5 days a week. The other day you have a lunch duty, You have professional development during the summer and during the school year.

This isn’t even factoring clubs or sport teams. I’ve never met a single teacher who just goes to work for 8 hrs and goes home. It’s literally not possible.

You gotta take home stuff and work outside of school hours.
It's crazy how you only have 1 planning period every 2 days.
1 planning period is not even enough per day for all the things you mentioned like grade, lesson plan, call parents, set up science labs, and all the misc stuff you need to do. I'm often working through lunch with extra help or trying to get all those other things done. Some days I don't even bother eating.
I gave up coaching. It is just not possible with the amount of responsibilities in school and then out of school on top of that. I only slept 4-5 hours per night smh.

Aite just curious do you have a balance on your cards?
Of course. You charge your card, then you pay it off. In between those two actions, there's going to be a balance. That's how credit works. That has nothing to with financial [ir]responsibility, which I'm guessing you're going to try and make an argument about.

Financial responsibility comes with paying off that balance. Financially irresponsibility comes with letting that balance get away from you before you pay it off.

Yea for me, I like to think of a CC like a savings account. It kinda relieves the pain of paying. Theoretically speaking, if I needed to, I could get the funds right back.

creditcardfridaylist.gif

Def wasn’t trying to argue justing seeing was I tripping for seeing a balance.

I’m cool.
Nothing wrong with not wanting to see a balance and pay cash. I'm just saying someone else having a CC may not be problem for them just because, you personally, don't want to see a balance or overspend.

My dad would always gas his car when it was half full because he never wanted to shoot himself in the foot wishing he got gas before work or something like that. He's not preaching to others its a problem waiting till they got a quarter tank left to pump gas.

I think most of my vacations have been free because of my CCD. Just be responsible. If you have discipline, you'll benefit from all of the perks.

yeah there’s no point in using a debit card unless you have spending issues

rewards too strong nowadays

I got like 30+ credit cards. :lol: If you have none to lil debt you can finesse all those sign up offers. Then travel like a king. :pimp: I retired from the game though. Venture X sign up bonus when it first came out was the last great CC |l

I am sorry but I didn’t see anyone else comment on this…WHAT?!?!

Is 30 CCs normal?

Yeah once I pay these off i'm done with using cc's for the most part unless the rewards are exceptional.
Yea for cc’s the rewards/points aren’t worth not worrying bout any debt or balances by not using em imo

If I got the bread I’ll get it, if I don’t I won’t…helps keep it simple for me…This is for day to day stuff tho, I got some credit I can access for bigger stuff if necessary but for gas, food, clothes etc just take my money :lol:

Last edited:
People can’t take this exit without crashing?? Seen the top video in the past but wasn’t sure how the exit actually was :smh: some people don’t need licenses.
i mean lots of people can but just a handful of dummies don’t know how to slow down when they exit

Back
Top Bottom