I did it for Hip Hop..... Jay-Z had the worst verse on a song I've ever heard

please dont tell me that you believe Jay ripped this track. I was just reading an article on the Rap Up and the writer claims it was Jays best 16. WOW! thatversed sucked.... Nas outshined everyone on that joint. Jays first bar was bitten as usual. I love Jay but that verse sucked BIG TIME They say I'm so lowkey, I'm socially awkward Only those that really know me are the ones that I talk with They smile in the light, hate in the dark, you call it beef, to meits's just a %#%##@' walk in the park Because you are who you are when nobody is looking That's who you are so when the cash and cars is gone, theday after tomorrow Don't be askin' to borrow, ski maskin' it hard, like the way you rap in your bars I could ride on you and whoever, devise newendeavors I'm as live as hive full of predators Twenty thousands different species of bees Some half poisonous sting, some just pollinating their leafsIt's just like rap, some will buzz some will attack, compromising their own life in fact Sixteen years since my first sixteen, pardon the rest of my %!$%%%But I'm the best whoever did it

I agree to me it just doesnt flow proper with the rest of the song. I hate when he first comes in "HIP HOP it started out in the park.."

I guess you guys just have no appreciation for an old school flow. I like the old school flow and it fits the concept of the song perfectly. Is it Jays bestverse? No but it is a solid verse that fits the song well. However, this is NT where everyone expects Jay to spit RD-like verses all the time. SMH

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I guess you guys just have no appreciation for an old school flow. I like the old school flow and it fits the concept of the song perfectly. Is it Jays best verse? No but it is a solid verse that fits the song well. However, this is NT where everyone expects Jay to spit RD-like verses all the time. SMH

most of the cats on NT are just hearing RD..... dont get it twisted I like Jay-Z... he's in my top 5 EMCEES. however, he spits trash on this verse anddisrespects the man who birthed him to the game. if it wasnt for Original Flavor where would Jay be? no label was feeling Jay thats why he decided to start Rocwith Freeze records and not Def Jam. it wasnt until he started guest starring on tracks and then Aint No N**** got placed on the NT soundtrack due to greathelp from Dame and Biggs until he got some recognition. i just his verse was SMH

I didn't like it too much either but the worst verse ever...? Na
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Not one of his better verses but worse verse on a song ever? Really?

Right...Jay is the only person who gets criticized for not absolutely killing a verse. It's like getting mad at a $*%*% who hoops because he doesn'tdrop 50 every game. Nobody else gets that type of criticism. Look at Nas...that %%@@ he was spit on "My President Is Black" was awful but nobody said%%@@ about it.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Not one of his better verses but worse verse on a song ever? Really?

Right...Jay is the only person who gets criticized for not absolutely killing a verse. It's like getting mad at a $*%*% who hoops because he doesn't drop 50 every game. Nobody else gets that type of criticism. Look at Nas...that %%@@ he was spit on "My President Is Black" was awful but nobody said %%@@ about it.

What are you talking about? People on NT hated that Nas verse too
laugh.gif

I actually liked Hovs verse.

I hope the homeboy clark can the get the @#%% off my back so I can start movin these packs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that line was sick son!

I laughed soon as I saw the title of this thread...instead of listening to hip hop, go pick up a dictionary and look up "hyperbole"

smh kids these days

So because you read an article that said Jay's verse was one of his best ever, its crap to you? I read an article that praised Kanye, Lil Wayne and Jay-Zfor coming so hard on Swagger Like Us. It didnt even mention T.I.'s verse, and it was clearly the best one on the track. Just because I disagree with theauthor of the article's opinion, doesnt mean I hate those three verses.

Does this really deserve a thread?

It wasn't an amazing Jay verse. Oh no? It was a good verse that fit the theme of the song.

I think everyone should start making topics every time they hear a verse that isn't great and post a topic about it.

Originally Posted by youngJEDIFRESH

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I guess you guys just have no appreciation for an old school flow. I like the old school flow and it fits the concept of the song perfectly. Is it Jays best verse? No but it is a solid verse that fits the song well. However, this is NT where everyone expects Jay to spit RD-like verses all the time. SMH

most of the cats on NT are just hearing RD..... dont get it twisted I like Jay-Z... he's in my top 5 EMCEES. however, he spits trash on this verse and disrespects the man who birthed him to the game. if it wasnt for Original Flavor where would Jay be? no label was feeling Jay thats why he decided to start Roc with Freeze records and not Def Jam. it wasnt until he started guest starring on tracks and then Aint No N**** got placed on the NT soundtrack due to great help from Dame and Biggs until he got some recognition. i just his verse was SMH

Im a huge Jay fan and was wit you for the first part of the post, i dont like the verse either...

but what you talkin bout Willis?
nerd.gif

Dudes always come out of Left field to express their hate for Jay's success. Only thing you forgot to mention was PAC AND Big.

IT WASNT HIS BEST VERSE BUT IT'S STILL BETTER THAN 75% OF ANY OTHER RAPPERS BEST VERSE THESE DAYS

aight his flow was solid in terms of getting on the beat. but I hear the Cris verse then comes the Esco verse then comes Jay. the track is super heat IMO but Iexpect that Jay would come crazy hard rhyming right after Nas.

"Sixteen years since my first sixteen, pardon the rest
of my %$@%%$
But I'm the best whoever did it"

i expected to hear something serious after that. i'm not going to settle for a mediocre verse from one of the greatest whoever did it. especially with thejoints he has dropped

Jay's the only rapper on this board that gets critisized for NOT coming hard on a track. Since ya'll expect him to always have perfect verses and arequick to make a thread the ONE time he doesn't tells me he is the greatest lyricist/rapper alive.

Back
Top Bottom