I miss HBO Entourage.

What's their to be said. I ****ing love this show although it wasn't the deepest or had the best acting performances (excluding Ari he was amazing). I literally watched all the episodes like 3 weeks ago on HBO Go. Still cant believe Turtle ain't smash that college chick or Lauren London, or how Eric didn't even attempt to smash his first assistant at the big agency after they got close. Or how Drama didn't smash E second assistant, she was cool as ****. Walsh deserved that *** whopping and I thought Saigon would get major looks off of this

EDIT: Kind of wish they went with the Anna Farris thing for E, him dating a celebrity would of been funny

Might also do a rewatch soon. I love how the show takes place just before the social media age and before the masses had smartphones. Last two seasons were definitely not the best but some eps did have their moments.

Still get that Bang Bang boom song in my head when thinking of this show lol.

99% of the women on Entourage could get it.

The only one I can think of right away that wouldn't get it would be Babs :lol:

Da Babs slander :lol:

Seeing this thread makes me want to watch but idk if I should start from S1E1 or just watch fire episodes.

Turtle had the GOAT character arc in that show.

Fat, leech homie who was kept around because of his undying loyalty to a childhood friend who’d only get leftover play to slimming down, smanging Meadow Soprano, having groupies and becoming a multimillionaire.

ULTIMATE FLOURISH.

This may sound odd but I kind of wished Ari would of just stayed with Dana, I swear he never looked so happy the entire series then when they finally hooked up again.

I started rewatching from the beginning about a month ago and am almost finished. This show is a time capsule man. The music, clothes, attitude, etc… from the early 2000s. Show really brings me back to this era and makes me reminisce and feel good. Ari Golds character could never exist in today’s sensitive culture.

Just watched the episode with Matt Damon last night. Forgot how hilarious his cameo was. “It’s for the kids, Vince.” :lol:

This show absolutely exists in a specific time capsule. Don't mean I still can't enjoy it. Ari can definitely not exist, but I love the character. I wonder if the actual Ari has toned down lol. I haven't done a full rewatch yet, but I plan to. Some of the episodes are still good. Like the Aspen episode where Turtle and Drama crossed swords :rofl:, or the Fukijama episode... we can all relate to that one.I think Jerry Ferrara still has that pair irrc.

Side note: For anybody that watches it, did you catch the Lil Dicky reference in Dave the other week? :lol:

Said he would sell him into white slavery if it was legal. How did none of his other enimies find that picture of his wife though?

Big fan of entourage. Watched all of the 8 seasons episodes and movie on release date. When I am sitting back debating and thinking about my favorite shows/characters I never really considered anything entourage. As much as I enjoyed it, I never take anything about the show serious.

Ari Gold would NEVER exist in today's world, which is a shame to me.
Funny enough Doug Ellin has been railing against HBO and cancel culture hitting Entourage....we knew this was coming.

Entourage creator Doug Ellin suggested HBO has buried his hit comedy from being discovered by new viewers because of “PC culture.”

Ellin told Yahoo Entertainment a “a wave of righteous PC culture” has kept the show from being more widely promoted on the network’s streaming services, as well as possibly prevented him from getting a new series picked up.

“[Entourage was] hiding in, like, architectural ‘wish-fulfillment shows’ [on HBO Max],” says Ellin. “Which was weird. We were nominated for an Emmy and a Golden Globe almost every single year, so to not put us in front and to put other shows on the ‘must-see comedy’ list, I thought, was pretty bizarre.… [But] it would be nice if HBO was like, ‘We have this great 96 episodes of content and we should let our audience know it was there.’ I would type in ‘E-N-T-O’ into HBO Max and Curb Your Enthusiasm would come up! What the hell was this? And I love Curb …”

When asked why he thought HBO’s attitude toward the show shifted, Ellin replied, “I resent it tremendously because I don’t think Entourage was this vulgar boyfest that people like to paint it as now. When we came out, The New York Times said we were the smartest show on television. And then, all of a sudden, this wave of righteous PC culture — and again, you’re talking to a liberal who wants equality for all and wants everybody to be kinder and gentler … Most people know [Entourage] was a very realistic portrayal of what Hollywood was like at that time and people will write about it as if something Ari Gold said is how I express myself. Nobody says that about The Sopranos, where they murder people, that maybe we should re-address whether murdering people on TV is OK … [but] a small group with loud voices started criticizing [Entourage] out of nowhere. Every day I’m getting Google alerts telling me how bad I am.”

I've had no issues finding the show on HBO Max, actually have it saved in my favorites. Don't understand why the movie isn't on it though

Funny enough Doug Ellin has been railing against HBO and cancel culture hitting Entourage....we knew this was coming.

Entourage creator Doug Ellin suggested HBO has buried his hit comedy from being discovered by new viewers because of “PC culture.”

Ellin told Yahoo Entertainment a “a wave of righteous PC culture” has kept the show from being more widely promoted on the network’s streaming services, as well as possibly prevented him from getting a new series picked up.

“[Entourage was] hiding in, like, architectural ‘wish-fulfillment shows’ [on HBO Max],” says Ellin. “Which was weird. We were nominated for an Emmy and a Golden Globe almost every single year, so to not put us in front and to put other shows on the ‘must-see comedy’ list, I thought, was pretty bizarre.… [But] it would be nice if HBO was like, ‘We have this great 96 episodes of content and we should let our audience know it was there.’ I would type in ‘E-N-T-O’ into HBO Max and Curb Your Enthusiasm would come up! What the hell was this? And I love Curb …”

When asked why he thought HBO’s attitude toward the show shifted, Ellin replied, “I resent it tremendously because I don’t think Entourage was this vulgar boyfest that people like to paint it as now. When we came out, The New York Times said we were the smartest show on television. And then, all of a sudden, this wave of righteous PC culture — and again, you’re talking to a liberal who wants equality for all and wants everybody to be kinder and gentler … Most people know [Entourage] was a very realistic portrayal of what Hollywood was like at that time and people will write about it as if something Ari Gold said is how I express myself. Nobody says that about The Sopranos, where they murder people, that maybe we should re-address whether murdering people on TV is OK … [but] a small group with loud voices started criticizing [Entourage] out of nowhere. Every day I’m getting Google alerts telling me how bad I am.”

Wow of course. Why am I not surprised :lol::smh:

PC culture is so wack.

The episode where Ari confronted Adam Davies in his office >>>>>>>>

"Hey Davies, your girlfriend offered to blow me when she worked in the mail room. True story."

Season 2 was the GOAT. Those last 2 episodes were legendary. Ari getting driven home in Llyoyd's souped up import after he gets his Benz repo'd :lol:

No surprised reading that.

People these days need to relax. That was the reality of Hollywood back then. Should we pretend like it never existed?

Who's to decided what's appropriate or not? Don't tell it's Twitter smh

I've had no issues finding the show on HBO Max, actually have it saved in my favorites. Don't understand why the movie isn't on it though
Yea “PC culture” isn’t the reason why new folks ain’t discovering the show …Entourage’s cult following was never as big as fans think n the material wasn’t respected by the critics so it doesn’t have that rep for folks to check for it

These 2 things are what keeps certain show like the Sapranos, wire, curb etc on the forefront …PC ain’t stopping Sapranos from still being out chea :lol: …Even Curb still got new episodes n the whole premise is being the opposite of PC or sensitive …Entourage was good for that time period but ppl ain’t too pressed to check for old celebrity cameos

Yea “PC culture” isn’t the reason why new folks ain’t discovering the show …Entourage’s cult following was never as big as fans think n the material wasn’t respected by the critics so it doesn’t have that rep for folks to check for it

These 2 things are what keeps certain show like the Sapranos, wire, curb etc on the forefront …PC ain’t stopping Sapranos from still being out chea :lol:

What are you talking about? The show was consistently nominated for Emmy's and Golden Globes since it aired. A lot of people were watching Entourage Sunday nights as well.

Back
Top Bottom