I need an unbiased opinion between the newer body Impala and current body Toyota Avalon?

I got my whole car painted and bodywork done for about 2k.

luckily I got family in da car biz so I'm always getting blessed up. I also get all da free lubricant I need with various plugs.

Have you sat in a Avalon yet? I had both a 15 Camry and 15 Avalon as rental cars, and the Avalon didnt feel bigger on the inside. Thats part of the reason I didnt like it.

I'm 6'1 BTW.
Yeah, I have. Believe it or not, back in July of 2015, I had the 2015 Avalon XLE Touring for one week. I had to trade in my 07 Impala LT because of the numerous problems it was having and on that day, I didn't even intend on buying a new car. Long story short, I ended up getting the Avalon brand new with 0% interest for $599 a month(car was $38k sticker, but walked out the door owing $35k). At the the time, I realized how expensive that was and thought more of the long term, so I took the car back. I loved it, but I realized I couldn't afford it. So, the manager of the dealer looked out and let me trade the car in without having negative equity to the 15 Camry that I am leasing now. So, that's how I am familiar the car and such. I was really in love with it, but it wasn't feasible for me at the time. I like the fact that when it's dark outside, the interior lights come on as you are walking towards the car. Overall, as Rootin4EverybodyBlack Rootin4EverybodyBlack said, it's not as roomy as I thought and from just sitting inside the Newer Impala, it's definitely much roomier. I never actually drove it, tho.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have. Believe it or not, back in July of 2015, I had the 2015 Avalon XLE Touring for one week. I had to trade in my 07 Impala LT because of the numerous problems it was having and on that day, I didn't even intend on buying a new car. Long story short, I ended up getting the Avalon brand new with 0% interest for $599 a month(car was $38k sticker, but walked out the door owing $35k). At the the time, I realized how expensive that was and thought more of the long term, so I took the car back. I loved it, but I realized I couldn't afford it. So, the manager of the dealer looked out and let me trade the car in without having negative equity to the 15 Camry that I am leasing now. So, that's how I am familiar the car and such. I was really in love with it, but it wasn't feasible for me at the time. I like the fact that when it's dark outside, the interior lights come on as you are walking towards the car. Overall, as Rootin4EverybodyBlack Rootin4EverybodyBlack said, it's not as roomy as I thought and from just sitting inside the Newer Impala, it's definitely much roomier. I never actually drove it, tho.

599/month!? That made my chest hurt bruh. #FrugalLife

The newer Impala has a smoother ride and more responsive steering than the Avalon, IMO. But if you like the Avalon then get it. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend checking out a Kia Cadenza. Haven't driven it, but its a pretty good looking car and the interior is on point.

599/month!? That made my chest hurt bruh. #FrugalLife

The newer Impala has a smoother ride and more responsive steering than the Avalon, IMO. But if you like the Avalon then get it. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend checking out a Kia Cadenza. Haven't driven it, but its a pretty good looking car and the interior is on point.
That's why I took it back, the price was too high lol. I'm going to have to drive the Impala Premier to see how I will like it. I think that will give me the final verdict.

Back
Top Bottom