I STILL CAN'T LISTEN TO _____ CUZ OF THAT ______

Songs you can't listen to or remind you of "her"/"him"?

I love love loooove Bobby V's Rebirth album and can't stand that everyone else doesnt too but everytime I listen to it it takes me back to when i was dating this guy and we were going through and I was just real unhappy at the time. I can literally see myself walking from the Life and Science Building after class just thinking "what the hell is going on in my life" while listening to that album. Its less about him and more just how I felt at the time. I listen to the album cuz none of the songs actually relate to anything I've been through but every now and then it just reminds me of how I felt then.

Fab & Mike Shorey's "Baby" and Fantasia's "Truth Is"...maaaaaan that was my first heartbreak and it was YEARS before I could really listen to those songs
laugh.gif
seriously years...now I can listen to Truth Is and laugh at how I didnt think I was gonna ever love again and all that dramatic #%#* but at the time those feelings were so real
roll.gif
i have no desire to ever hear "Baby" again tho
laugh.gif

Mariah's Emancipation of Mimi was hot around that time too and Don't Forget About Us had me
frown.gif

Almost let dude I dated last year ruin Jaheim's Another Round album for me but that #%#* was too good so I said !#*# it and fought through it. Kem's I Can't Stop Loving You and Why Would You Stay had me in my feelings for a little while cuz we saw Kem, Raheem, AH, and Raheem in concert right before we broke up.

I connect music to different times in my life anyways but of course those stand out cuz its easier to remember the bad more than the good. Any Jill Scott song reminds me of when we lived in B-more even tho I was long gone by the time she came out.

your turn fellas...

Ginuwine- She's Out of My Life.
Soulja Boy- Kiss Me Through the Phone.

laugh.gif

I laugh now but man those times were rough.
frown.gif

You're such a Herb Sheena, knock it off

"Don't Forget About Us" was a hot song though

I cant listen to Lupe's "He said, she said" off Food & Liquor...too much real life...
frown.gif

Also can't listen to the "I'll Fly Away" interlude on Ye's College Dropout album that comes on before "Spaceship"...they carried my grandfather's casket out the church & to the graveyard to that hymn...

Good thread...

The time in my life when "Graduation" by Kanye came out brings back so many bad memories. For the longest time I had trouble listening to it. After seeing some of the songs live though, now when I play those, it reminds me of those shows, so I'm good on some of the songs.

I can't listen to Mint Condition "Nothing Left to Say" at least not without crying.
My friend who took his life over a year ago introduced me to the song and every time I listen to it I hear his voice.
I relive that conversation and see us goofing off singing karaoke to it. Feels bad man.

Incubus - Stellar 

The ex of 4 years told me to listen to it, but I just never did for whatever reason. Then a couple weeks after she broke it off with me, I finally did to see what she wanted me to hear. Instantely chocked up not even half way through it.

frown.gif

tired.gif

ohwell.gif

2myw0o2.png

ace hood ft. trey - ride with me
frown.gif
still cant listen to it
bobby v - our love
trey - cant be friends
raheem - customer
mariah - we belong together
bobby v - ill forgive you
ryan leslie - valentine

** all them!!!

Still sad
frown.gif

%$#@%$# omg.

'NSync - Something Like You

She wanted that %##% to be the first dance at her wedding reception.

Luther Vandross - I'd Rather
Gabe Bondoc - Whether Or Not
Usher's version of "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins

Back
Top Bottom