I think these 3 rap albums could be in debate for best album of the year.

Ross
YG
Jeezy

dropped my 3 favorite rap albums this year.

Q gets an honorable mention.

Can someone please tell me the appeal of RTJ???

Like who is their audience, what kind of music do yall listen to?..... cuz i couldnt get into it at all

No offense, but Run the Jewels isnt made for people that own cars or have social relationships, right??

Like i cant play it in my car, i cant play it with my girl, and I damn sure cant play it at any type of social gathering.

CADILLACTICA is leaps and bounds better than that album and most of the other albums listed.

That's like saying people who don't listen to it are people who aren't intelligent, are immature and don't listen to lyrics.

And by your response....

No offense :rolleyes

Lol...no offense taken. So are you saying that its thought provoking music? or that its introspective? Like what about this album is AOTY worthy?
Im fine with that type of response, if that is why people are calling it the album of the year.

I mean who isnt familiar with Killer Mike and what he is about. I know he can spit but at the same time those beats are trash bro... the rhyme patterns, subject matter all become a distraction.

Yup... I am never, ever listening to this man about his opinions on music...

Like who is their audience, what kind of music do yall listen to?..... cuz i couldnt get into it at all

No offense, but Run the Jewels isnt made for people that own cars or have social relationships, right??

Like i cant play it in my car, i cant play it with my girl, and I damn sure cant play it at any type of social gathering.

CADILLACTICA is leaps and bounds better than that album and most of the other albums listed.
That's like saying people who don't listen to it are people who aren't intelligent, are immature and don't listen to lyrics.

And by your response....

No offense
eyes.gif
Lol...no offense taken. So are you saying that its thought provoking music? or that its introspective? Like what about this album is AOTY worthy?
Im fine with that type of response, if that is why people are calling it the album of the year.

I mean who isnt familiar with Killer Mike and what he is about. I know he can spit but at the same time those beats are trash bro... the rhyme patterns, subject matter all become a distraction.
At least he presents his opinion in a logical fashion.

Music is supremely subjective.  And dude just doesn't like the album.  Thats fine.  I really like the production i have been an El-P fan since the cannibal ox days so i know i have a taste for it.  But some don't.  And El-P's voice can def be off putting.  Its monotone and emotionless at times.  But i love his content.  A lot of the album is just S talking though.  So i can legit see why some one who prefers maybe a concept album or more story telling wont' see this as album of the year (mikes story on crown though was dope). 

He did?
Well saying 

"those beats are trash bro... the rhyme patterns, subject matter all become a distraction."

to me means he at least tried 
laugh.gif

90% of nt is just "that is garbage if you like it then you garbage" Just state why you don't like it....then listen why people do like it...and ta-da a conversation is had where people might actually have a take away.

And by your response....

No offense :rolleyes

Music is supremely subjective.  And dude just doesn't like the album.  Thats fine.  I really like the production i have been an El-P fan since the cannibal ox days so i know i have a taste for it.  But some don't.  And El-P's voice can def be off putting.  Its monotone and emotionless at times.  But i love his content.  A lot of the album is just S talking though.  So i can legit see why some one who prefers maybe a concept album or more story telling wont' see this as album of the year (mikes story on crown though was dope). 

RTJ is a concept project isn't it? They're supposed to be playing characters.

Lol if you guys think I didnt state a logical opinion thats cool too man...

The only reason I bothered commenting on peoples opinion about RTJ2 is because I went out and listened to it and didnt come back with anything close to the same sentiments

Last year when Acid Rap was getting all the acclaim and I hadnt heard it, i went and checked it out and it was actually deserving of the hype it received.

jking gave feedback on the album tho... props for shedding a little light on why you thought it was great since nobody else bothered

all of this is subjective anyway but I personally aint feeling no obscure rap album being crowned AOTY in random publications and the blogosphere when they havent even gave other albums a chance. seeing it on here just made me wanna comment.

Lol if you guys think I didnt state a logical opinion thats cool too man...

The only reason I bothered commenting on peoples opinion about RTJ2 is because I went out and listened to it and didnt come back with anything close to the same sentiments

Last year when Acid Rap was getting all the acclaim and I hadnt heard it, i went and checked it out and it was actually deserving of the hype it received.

jking gave feedback on the album tho... props for shedding a little light on why you thought it was great since nobody else bothered

all of this is subjective anyway but I personally aint feeling no obscure rap album being crowned AOTY in random publications and the blogosphere when they havent even gave other albums a chance. seeing it on here just made me wanna comment.

I'm the complete opposite on Acid Rap... So we obviously have differing opinions on music lol...

I honestly can't explain why I love RTJ so much... And I've never been the biggest fan of Killer Mike... He'd drop dope songs here and there, but nothing I'd get to excited about... But starting with RAP Music, thise 2 have dropped my favorite album 3 years in a row now...

Run the Jewels 2 just bangs

Sounds great in the car and makes me want to destroy everything when I listen to it at the gym

Under Pressure>RTJ2
RTJ2 sounds like dudes rapping over s 1990s video game soundtrack while talking gibberish. Sounding all Unfocused, Whimsical and Goofy. :lol:

Run the Jewels 2 just bangs

Sounds great in the car and makes me want to destroy everything when I listen to it at the gym

I've said it before... It's the type of music that makes me want to go up to someone... And slap the god damn taste outta their month... Stare them down... And go "WHAT??!!"....

Last edited:
Listening to PRhyme makes me miss Gang Starr even more than I do. Premo teamed up with another emcee (even though it's Royce) doesn't feel right.

The mick Jenkins mixtape is very good but its not that good.  Production level is a little lacking (granted it is a mixtape)  Jerome is my jam though...joeys verse on that flames.

I need to listen to pinata over again.  It didn't really grab me the first way through

1. Cormega - Mega Philosophy

2. MadGibbs - Pinata

3. A-Villa - Carry On Tradition / Rapsody - Beauty and the Beast / ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron

Last edited:
I clicked on this thread thinking (Schoolboy Q better not be on there) and look what we have here.:smh:

Back
Top Bottom